[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did you enjoy this game's combat system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
did you enjoy this game's combat system?
>>
it was okay
>>
>>386744745
it was dice rolling simulator, not at all what i wanted, so no
>>
Absolutely.

DAO has the best combat of all Bioware games.
>>
Hell yes.
>>
>>386746973
What? It feels exactly the same from neverwinter, through KOTOR and this. They just added a trigger system for the AI.
>>
>>386744745
Not really.
>>
>>386747092
It's about a hundred times more responsive than BG, NWN and KOTOR combat.
>>
Loved the scripts for your team, spell combinations, variety of builds and the fact that anyone reasonably competent could make any class literally untouchable.
>>
It was a pile of shit
>>
>>386744745
Was great, reminded of the good old RPG days. Scripts were fun.
>>
>>386747417
>scripts
This.
"Target Enemy Spellcaster : Cast Mana Clash" trivializes like 90% of the tough fights in the game.
>>
>>386744745
It was a bit simplistic, but overall yes.

Also setting the AI for your NPC's is pretty convenient.
>>
>>386747674
>NPC's
I meant your team.
>>
>>386744745
Yes. I can't remember a single fault in that game.
>>
>>386747928
It added a few interesting things, such as blood magic. But in the end the story became quite cookie cutter-ish.

I remember when I just finished it I felt like a played a perfectly executed cookie cutter RPG. But in hindsight they did improve a lot on the mechanics of former games. And the ending had some interesting mechanics.
>>
>>386747417
>>386747532
>>386747586
>>386747674
If you played on anything above Normal, the AI was a hindrance.

>one of your teammates is fighting an enemy
>enemy starts running away
>teammate follows it
>they are running at the same speed, so there is no way for the teammate to catch up
>enemy runs into another group of enemies
>team dies
>>
>>386748304
Literally just pause and stop them.

If you planned your AI out right, you could have them do their job better than you. I played on Nightmare and never had an issue with it, or at the very least after I had gotten a few extra commands unlocked for my characters.
>>
>>386748304
>playing any single player game for challenge

AI is always easy to exploit no matter of difficulty, you play single players games for screwing up with builds and multiplayer games for real challenge.
>>
>>386748783
That's what I mean. To play it properly, you had to micromanage them anyway.

>>386748924
At lower difficulties it doesn't matter what your team does anyway.
>>
>>386749213
>it doesn't matter what your team does anyway
Of course it does, you want to be as efficient as possible still. No clue what planet you come from.
>>
>>386748304
I haven't played below nightmare for years and I've never had that issue. You might want to retool your scripts.
>>
>>386749390
>you want to be as efficient as possible still
On normal? Really?
>>
>>386746973
>>386747227
This DAO is the only bioware game since kotor that i think is a good game
>>
>>386748304
it's almost as if the game had ai scripts you could create or a pause function so you can get everything ot happen how you want it to.
>>
>>386744745
Yes and no
>pause game
>get 3-4 characters to cast the AoE ice spell that freezes/damages everything
>win everything forever
the combat was easy but the constant alternate dimension furry shapeshifting puzzle shit is the part that's so god damn annoying that replaying it is too much of a chore to bother with.
>>
>>386750248
You know there's a mod that completely eliminates that and gives you all the exp and rewards you would have gotten for completing it right?
>>
>>386750335
really? fukken on it now. thanks.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.