[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 34

File: 250px-Digimonworld.jpg (22KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Digimonworld.jpg
22KB, 250x248px
Remember me?
>>
Yes I do. Fuck you for randomly turning my digimon into poopmonsters when I'm in the middle of nowhere with no food and toilets around.
>>
No, that's Digimon World. Remember Me has an orange cover.
>>
>>386741816
Yes.
You should check out Digimon World: Next Order if you liked it. The game is strongly inspired by the original Digimon World.
>>
File: 14504188887.jpg (92KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
14504188887.jpg
92KB, 500x417px
>>386741816
digimon threads come up sometimes here, and those remind me of you.
>>
>>386741816
the best digimon world game ever.
>>
The Dark Souls of Tamagochi games.
>>
File: 1368135856539.gif (1MB, 320x225px) Image search: [Google]
1368135856539.gif
1MB, 320x225px
>tfw I've been trying to get the perfect 10 curling medal on and off for years now
This is the most I've ever struggled for game completion
>>
File: 1501563143293.png (3MB, 3000x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1501563143293.png
3MB, 3000x2200px
>tfw digimon never took off like pokemon despite being objectively better in both the game and cartoon aspects with a better monster design to boot
where did it all go wrong /v/
>>
>>386742013
>This is the most I've ever struggled for game completion
really? not fucking piximon that have zero way to have him spawned besides of you getting lucky?
>>
>>386742013
I'm not sure it's even possible. I've never heard of anyone doing it without cheating or abusing save states.
>>
>>386742091
They had a good Charizard replacement but they never had a good Pikachu one.
Patamon was also the shittiest one so go figure.
>>
>>386742091
Probably because the series has zero consistency to its gameplay

DW 1, 2, and 3 all play differently whereas all the Pokemon games are similar
>>
>>386741816
Why couldn't NO be as good? at least it's leagues ahead of thr .hack/SMT ripoff.
>>
>>386742296
>rehashing shit with a new coat of paint instead of improving is the key to success
nintendo broke the code
>>
>>386742357
It makes the series a lot easier to get into, is what I'm trying to say. DW1 is also pretty confusing.
>>
>>386742338
>.hack/SMT ripoff

Please tell me what that is, it sounds amazing.
>>
>>386742357
DMW2's roguelike thing wasn't exactly an improvement.

It wasn't until Re:Digitize that they bothered returning to the original concept again.
>>
>>386742126
?? You walk in and out for about 5 minutes and you should get him.
>>
>>386742586
tried doing that once. for a whole digimon world day
and can't meet that fuckers.
never tried anymore after that
>>
>>386742440
>DW1 is also pretty confusing
And that's great. I played it for literally years as a kid and never figured out how to get to Mt. Infinity or open the factorial town gate or solved the ice palace or recruit leomon.
Obviously I didn't understand english back then but the mystery was amazing.
>>
>>386741816
I still replay you every couple years

Also while Next order wasn't quite as good, it still made me hopeful for upcoming games
>>
File: Digimonworld2.jpg (76KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
Digimonworld2.jpg
76KB, 500x495px
sorry I'm playing this right now

GOLD HAWK! YE-YE-YEAH!
>>
>>386742713
I know, but again, it's not as easy to get into as Pokemon RBY. The post I was originally responding to was wondering why Digimon didn't catch on, and it's just not as forgiving as Pokemon.
>>
>>386742667
You don't even have to pass time. Just pay attention to the left-hand side of the screen where a wild digimon spawns. If it doesn't spawn, Piximon has appeared. That way you can just leave instantly if it's not there.

Honestly, compared to Piximon, Metalmamemon took me a whole lot longer.
>>
>>386742454
Cyber sluts. It's the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>386742813
Because digimon is a grindfest in every game.
>>
>>386742091
Digimon doesn't have a good source material. It's as simple as that.

Pokemon has a solid game with a straightforward setting, story and rules which everything else can be based off. Digimon does whatever the fuck it wants because it's based off of a battling tamagotchi toy. The closest to "consistency" that Digimon has is all of the material surrounding Adventure/02/tri. Digivolution is also confusing for new people that have never played the original virtual pet or watched the anime.
>>
I replayed it again recently, honestly it kinda sucks. Nothing is really explained, you really need a guide to know anything. There's nothing strategic about the battles or anything, it's just a big grind to get the moves or stats you want. Recruiting the digimon is kind of fun I guess.
>>
File: 935878135.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
935878135.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
My most memorable glitch happened in this game.

Basically, my game disc got scratched to the point of actually borking up the game. Like having two duplicate Jijimons in the game intro.

But truly the most magical thing about my wonky game, was that I started out with a backpack FULL of forced evolution items, some of them downright mythological or unobtainable - Like Metal Bananas. I don't remember just how many of these digivolve items I got, but it was quite the handful.

This was all rather shortlived and the game somehow reverted into a relatively normal state, despite the disc being pretty fucked.

It wasn't years later until the era of the internet that I learned how some of these were cheat items or just supposedly extremely rare. So I was apparently one of the handful of people on Earth that got to fuck around with the likes of Metal Etemon
>>
>>386743042
That's not a glitch, that's dev mode. You can enter dev mode by either opening your lid during the intro scene, or, in your case, just not having it load correctly because of other reason.
>>
File: Angelamon.png (174KB, 476x334px) Image search: [Google]
Angelamon.png
174KB, 476x334px
>>386741816
Remember me?
>>
>>386742984
awwww
how about we let mommy hold your hand while you're playing too?
>>
>>386742984
>There's nothing strategic about the battles
Just like the series. My digimon > you're digimon, except if you're digimon is wargreymon.
The floor is dragons
>>
>>386743160

Really now? Because the game got fucked in several other ways, like duplicate characters or just other things being extremely wonky.
>>
Is it cool to talk about digimon world next order here?
never see threads about it
>>
>>386743262
During dev mode, there are multiple Jijimons present that each do different things. IIRC one can warp you across the world, another can change time and give you items.
>>
This trilogy and card battle were dope. Best childhood memories

The spanish version had a game breaking glitch that didn't let you enter ogre fortress
>>
>>386743353

Well, I suppose that's case closed then. Though I had run into the glitch of all glitches for years now.

Either way, I think it's time to emulate this sucka. I never actually completed it.
>>
>>386743243
It's not hard, it's just pointlessly tedious to figure out the digivolution conditions because they're so arbitrary. At least in pokemon you only need to figure out one thing, and your pet doesn't die/become a literal shit monster if you get it wrong.
>>
>>386743562
so that's a yes, you are literally too retarded for a literal fucking child's game
>>
>>386742091
>current year
> infinitely more excited for any digimon game over any pokemon game

monkeys paw anon
>>
>>386743770
Digimon isn't for kids. Even Bandai knows it.
>>
>>386743770
There's no being smart in DMW1

Not even guides completely know the stat gates for every digivolution.

And if you aren't using a guide, there is quite literally no way to figure out what you need to do to evolve into X or Y Digimon, until you've already done it.
>>
>>386743460
And you never will. They released the game unfinished. Not even joking here, look it up.
>>
>>386743319
the monster raising elements get in the way of the rpg elements and visa versa. there's just to much to do in order to make significant progress that it burns me out each time I play it, yet you need to progress the plot to be able to make your town less shit and monster raising go more smoothly/

also its annoying as hell when one of your digimon dies several in-game days before the other one, because it throws them out of sync meaning by the time you get the first one back up to a point where it can fight against bosses the second one has died and needs to be brought back up too, by which point your first mon is getting fuck-all gains from training since its growth bonus has worn off
>>
Who the fuck complains about their digimon being turned into shit

If they turned into shit is because you're too retarded to not use portable potties

If they turn into numemon (which should NEVER happen after a certain point), stuff that shit into monzaemon and that's the end of that

If they turn into nanimon, stop screaming at him
>>
>>386743770
It's basic game design anon, there are ways to make gameplay interesting and challenging without making hours of pointless guesswork for the player. At least it made you feel like a big boy though.
>>
>>386743928
I 100% the game back when I was 12. I had no internet and it wasn't even that hard.
Discoverin shot by yourself was so fun back then. I think that's one of the reasons I fell in love with DeS.
I also did the 'harem' route in true love 95. That one took forever and I jad to 'git gud' at blackjack.
>>
>>386744018
there are items to fix the out of sync digimon and it's actually better for them to be a few days off anyway
>>
>>386743976
i know your generation is too used to only pressing the buttons that flash on-screen or holding "forward and button 1" but back in the day we had this learning process called trial and error

you don't NEED to digivolve into any specific digimon to beat the game
>>
>>386744206
>I 100% the game
no, you didn't.
>>
>>386744206
>I 100% the game
No you fucking didn't. Beating the final boss and finding every villager is one thing, but there's absolutely no way you got every digivolution, beat every tournament fight and found your way onto Bug Island without a guide.
>>
>>386742948
I seem to recall reading a story about pokemon and digimon and why pokemon made it. It was something about jews and the pokemons creator making some questionable decisions that hurt digimon.

I can't really explain it too well but I'd be glad if anyone can understand what I'm talking about and can link it to me.
>>
>>386744270
I got all te medals and everything. Was there anything else?
>>
>>386744381
did you complete your digivolution chart and get every card?
>>
>>386744381
I find that very hard to believe. Especially since it means you got curling medal, which I still can't get today.
>>
>>386744381
>digivolution isn't hard and fucking random in World!
>I didn't complete the digivolution chart btw
>>
>>386743976
>Not even guides completely know the stat gates for every digivolution.
We do now. A year ago some autists reverse engineered the game and got the exact requirements.
here's the guys channel if anyone cares
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC170yE3VHur_9JjWM0mb7VA
>>
>>386744247
It's called padding, "back in the day" devs would get away with shit like that to make a game seem longer. There's a reason no games do this anymore, players want actual content, not replaying things over and over until they get lucky.
>>
>>386744429
I don't remember about the cards, but I did complete the evolution chart. It took forever, but I thought something special would happen if I managed to fill it.
>>386744465
Curling was pure rng, but I sure had nothing better to do than playing digimon and Azure dreams. I didn't know english back then so using a guide/the internet was out of the question.
It took me forever to understand why my digimon died after feeding them devil chips.
>>
>>386743976
>tfw for years all I had was the game manual's advice for getting Greymon and all I ever got was Monochromon, if I was lucky
>>
>>386744193
But anon, my monzaemon is hanging in Jijimon's hut, I can't use it now.
>>
File: 1480160742498.png (359KB, 709x447px) Image search: [Google]
1480160742498.png
359KB, 709x447px
>>386744247
It's not trial and error when you have to train up to specific stat gates one or more of six stats, plus happiness, plus discipline, plus training mistakes.

It's no fucking wonder most kids who played Digimon World got Numemon over and over again.

Trial and error is "I fucked up a jump, I'll try it some other way"
Not "I fucked up the digivolution, guess I'll spend hours trying to win the lottery"
And then of course assuming you do someday find a good digivolution, you still had to go out into the world and make progress before your Digimon died again.

Next Order unlocks digivolution requirements as you bond and train your partners, and that's something that this system DESPERATELY needed.
Otherwise you're just running blind the whole fucking time, writing your own damn guide just so you don't forget the hundreds of stat combinations you'll be trying.
>>
>>386744743
So? The point of videogames is to be a pastime, you're not paying a subscription fee or paying tokens for extra goes. There's literally nothing wrong with padding as long as it's done right.
Trial and error is padding done right since there's an extra satisfaction is finally learning from your mistakes.
DW3's padding, grinding and backtracking, isn't. There is no enjoyment from killing the same mons over and over again or running backwards through environments you've already been through, with mons that give you pitiful amounts of experience.
>>
>>386742841
Bait
>>
>>386745142
It's borderline impossible to get a numemon at that point in the game. He's a product of a rookie not meeting ANY requirements for a champion, something that is common during early game, but not once you've recruited people that enhance gyms, and overall getting a good pedigree of digimons after a few lives
>>
>>386745180
or, just don't play shitty World games and play Story instead.
>>
>>386744819

>Got all the medals bro
>Dont know if I got the card medal lol

fuck off with your lying bullshit
>>
>>386745414
I like the World format though
>>
>>386745302
>cyber world is nowhere as interesting nor as developed as .hack's
>digimon type is useless, pierce breakea the game making it a poor smt clone
>digimon charm is nowhere to be found
Bait.
>>
>>386745142
monzaemon being in jijimon's hut passively increases your training boosts
at this point you have to literally sleep through your entire mon's baby/in-training/rookie phases to get a numemon
>>
File: 1498236073515.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498236073515.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>386741940
>MetalMamemon in intro of DW looks amazing as fuck to 12 year old me
>Get him in Cyber Sleuth
>One of the worst Ultimates in the game
>>
>>386745552
>digimon type is useless
Did we play the same game? Because Digimon type if the difference between dying in one shot or surviving three. Even with Pierce damage a Lilithmon can't one-shot Vaccines unless they're bugged or you got a full team link attack. Hell, most other pierce attackers don't deal enormous amounts of damage, Plesiomon for example can barely deal around 1k with his AoE when he's got the type advantage.

>digimon charm is nowhere to be found
>Terriermon's quest.
>Etemon/MetalEtemon's sidequests.
>Everything about that Wanyamon stuck inside the wall and his side quest.
>Tentomon changing the entries in the Digipedia to be more Osakan.
>The Kamen Rider/Sentai parody.
>The threat from evil Digimon against good Digimon to save the Digital World.
>Nokia doing her best to unite all the tamers to be friends with Digimon rather than use them for selfish needs.
>The entirety of the Digital World's rossover into the real world and how all the Digimon rampage and act towards humans.
>Five friends together as kids befriending Digimon
>Leomon dying twice.
Just because the Eaters seemed a bit more SMT than Digimon does not mean it doesn't have the Digimon charm.
>>
File: 1446582512833.png (717KB, 933x682px) Image search: [Google]
1446582512833.png
717KB, 933x682px
you faggots crying out "muh numemons" must have been the dumbest, most retarded children around
how the fuck did you not realize leaving town with a rookie or lower got your ass kicked pretty fucking quickly, or you won fights by the skin of your teeth and got clobbered if you even thought about getting into another one?
with that in mind what in the actual fuck were you faggots even doing during your mon's baby/in-training/rookie phases considering there's nothing else you could do but train? did you literally just afk in front of the toilet waiting for your mon to turn into a numemon?
>>
>>386744743
>players want actual content
except DW1 has an insane amount of content, more than any AAA garbage released in the modern times.
>>
>>386745552
The game doesn't play anything like smt. Why do people keep making this comparison?
>>
>>386746391
People have been calling it smt lite for ages.
>>
>>386746752
Why
>>
>don't like watching trailers and the screenshots of said game was characters running around with their digimon
>everyone on /v/ is saying Cyber Sleuth is just like Digimon World
>get super excited
>buy it and it turns out it's like the later Digimon World games

Fuck you /v/ never again
>>
>>386746335
>the digimon you use to fight aren't really digimon
>towns are full of humans instead of digimons
Best nott digimon game ever.
>>
>>386741816
I can never forget what ravenous black holes your Tyrannomon were, and that indescribable feeling of getting my first Ultimate, even if it was just Vademon, who is basically a pity giveaway
>>
>>386742091
nintendo casual marketing
>>
>>386743160
How come I can't find anything about this on the internet?
>>
>>386746914
Next Order is the sequel to DW1, retard, not Cyber Sleuth
>>
>>386747024

I fell for that too.

>/v/ hypes up Next Order and says it's like the original Digimon World and not Cyber Sleuth
>get super excited
>pick it up and it's worse in every possible way

never again /v/
>>
>>386747081
Try redigitize
>>
>>386747081
>pick it up and it's worse in every possible way
But it was actually better in every possible way
>>
>>386747163

Is that why the metacritic and user critic scores are equally terrible?
>>
>>386747081
It fixed basically every problem with 1 tho
>>
>>386746378
I was overtraining my digimon past fatigue and only raising one stat or not getting enough gains because I kept trying to get three gold poops not understanding that that shit's rigged and should never be attempted
it's not hard to understand
>>
File: 1483368575355.jpg (48KB, 477x465px) Image search: [Google]
1483368575355.jpg
48KB, 477x465px
>>386741816
I tried playing this game again and I felt so fucking lost, I don't know how as a child I got so far but ive managed to forget everything I learned like 14-15 years ago when I played this game
>>
>>386746924
>the digimon you use to fight aren't really digimon
You're kidding, right? The entirety of the game you have people surprised that Digimon have feelings and stuff and everyone thought they were just programs for the longest time. Nokia's entire journey is to make people understand the Digimon they're using as "hackers" are actual, living beings. Hell, even the defense programs are Digimon with feelings, I believe GroundLocomon and one of the things on that major server network talked about their duty, and there was a Tankmon or Darkmon that you met that that dealt with PTSD and thinking you're its friend.

>towns are full of humans instead of digimons
For the first half of the game.

>>386747143
If he didn't like Next Order he most definitely will not like Re:Digitize. That game is more grinding and savescumming than doing anything fun.
>>
>>386747081
World has always been terrible. Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory, the prequel/side-story to Cyber Sleuth, is out next year for us, though.
>>
>>386746378
You do realize Playstation as a console was the most popular in non-english speaking countries, right? America and UK on the other hand was majority nintendo.
Which means this game was played mostly by shithead children with zero grasp of english
>>
>>386747379
why did they decide to go with this weird anime character style after the PS1 era? it's creepy as fuck
>>
File: 91eFFiFC8rL._SX342_.jpg (65KB, 342x427px) Image search: [Google]
91eFFiFC8rL._SX342_.jpg
65KB, 342x427px
Is this better or worse than 1, /v/?
I want to play it and maybe even go for the platinum in it if it is even close to being as good as 1.
>>
>>386747624
Because Bamco know that only adults actually care about Digimon and play these games, so they hired Yasuda (he did Durarara and SMT Devil Survivor) to do the character designs.
>>
File: s.jpg (30KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
30KB, 500x385px
>young me kept getting numemon
>learned quick poop throw from training brains
>learned how to run around the wandering wild battle mons
>beat most 1 on 1 battles because that ability was faster than anything NPC mons could throw at me, and even if my numemon had pathetic damage, the ability still inflicted poison
>got to toy town at some point, evolved into monzaemon
>that numemon already had respectable stats so they skyrocketed once he was a monzaemon
>learned megalo spark from warumonzaemon
>all i remember after that point is just a blur of everything i fought getting wrecked, including devimon, megadramon and metalgreymon
>remember being really fucking sad when i autopiloted to town to rest and save and he died as i made my way back up to battle machinedramon
i don't even fucking know how i lucked through the game like this
>>
File: 1447979255065.jpg (10KB, 333x342px) Image search: [Google]
1447979255065.jpg
10KB, 333x342px
>>386747624
>weird anime character style
Wh... what?

>>386747681
Mechanically it's a straight improvement. Every form and function is better. Quality of life features that will have you breathing a huge sigh of relief every time.

Combat allows you to take a more active role, so I think it's more fun on top of the improvements.

The story is a bit grander, however the translation is remarkably similar in quality to the PSX original.
>>
>>386747681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglg4-JDPoY
>>
>Next Order has you raising two Digimon at the same time
Doesn't that get really stressful, or time consuming, just juggling one Digimon in DW1, or Re:Digitize is troublesome enough, but now you'll be stuck in the gym forever training two mons into what you want them to become or you train them both at the same time same routine, but then you'll just end up with the same two Digimon when they evolve in exchange for not completely living in the gym
>>
>>386748029
They did a good job of balancing things out. Even if their lifecycles are desynced it's not much trouble
>>
>>386747681
Worse.
>material grinding is dumb
>card grinding is dumber
>not being able to view your cards until you recruit x digimon is beyond retarded
>locking digimons behind the main quest id annoying
>locking digimons behind town upgrades is worse than Hitler
>characters are annoying shitters
>Mirei is in the game
>Mameo loves being mysterious for no reaaon
>femc has downs
>>
>>386747681
Next Order is objectively the best World game, gameplay-wise. They did tone down the comfy, gritty atmosphere from 1 though.
>>
>>386748124
>talking shit about Shiki
>>
>>386748029
The only thing is that you have to keep in mind their different stat needs in the gym.

You train them at the same time so, ideally, they'll grow at the same rate.
And as long as you play on easy, you don't even have to spend that much time in the gym.
Difficulty only changes training gains so anything higher is literally just a waste of your time.

Otherwise, having two partners is kind of a relief.
In DMW1, getting into a 2v1 or more was basically a death sentence, but having two Digimon to fight with makes it doable.
>>
>>386748341
>In DMW1, getting into a 2v1 or more was basically a death sentence, but having two Digimon to fight with makes it doable.

Being able to fight like 5 enemies at once was fucking nifty
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (84KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.jpg
84KB, 441x441px
>>386747953
So adults like and prefer anime?
>>
>>386748450
Yes the otakus that buy Digimon products like and prefer anime. You are aware that Digimon is an anime series, right?
>>
>>386748261
Her design is great, but fuck her face. Even CS's faces weren't that downy.
>>
File: 1452555822461s.jpg (9KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
1452555822461s.jpg
9KB, 250x229px
>>386742091
wait, you can actually get to the savannas from the canyons through freezeland? I always thought the west was completely separate from the east
>>
File: 14917966.jpg (49KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
14917966.jpg
49KB, 600x337px
>>386748564
>You are aware that Digimon is an anime series, right?
yeah but normal anime not this modern cutesy abomination giant eyes anime has become like pic related
>>
>>386748781
Anime has been cutesy with giant eyes since its inception

The only thing that's changed is how "cutesy" gets portrayed.
>>
>>386748781
>he hasn't watched Tri
>he doesn't know Meiko
I'm frankly jealous.
>>
>>386748781
Digimon hasn't gone THAT far
>>
>>386748697
There's a path through the misty forest that connects to freeze land. I think you fight gaurumon on it if I remember right.
>>
>>386748892
Tri, Yasuda, or Taiki haven't gone full faggot weeb pandering though
>>
>>386747536
you're a fucking dipshit if you think the playstation was less popular than nintendo in the uk
>>
File: Kyoko_Kuremi_b.jpg (51KB, 298x657px) Image search: [Google]
Kyoko_Kuremi_b.jpg
51KB, 298x657px
>>386748781
Cyber Sleuth isn't like that at all though.
>>
File: 1495143368837.jpg (15KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1495143368837.jpg
15KB, 235x235px
>>386741816
literally a game about shit, you as a kid would get hyped and OH BOY, CAN'T WAIT TO USE ALL THE EPIC DIGIMONS AND THEIR KICK ASS EVOLUTIONS!, and then everything would just become shit, who fucking fuck thought this was ok?
>>
>>386748994
>Yamato and Taichi holding hands while drowning
Hmmm.
>>
File: 73819.jpg (138KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
73819.jpg
138KB, 800x723px
>>386748781
Digimon has gotten less ugu if anything.
>>
>>386749150
Damn Sora got hot.
My condolences to Mimi and Hikari fans.
>>
File: 1499892232121.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1499892232121.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>386742091
monster design in digimon was better... until final forms were everything either becomes:
1- a mech of some kind
2- a knight of some kind
>>
>>386749150
Was the new series any good I watched the first episode and it took like an hour for anything to happen so I lost interest in the rest
>>
>>386749150
this is why digimon died
>>
>>386749150
How the fuck is the adventure crew so good? They had to split screentime between all 8 of them, yet they all pretty good development and they have great chemistry.

I mean, except Sora and Kairi the two robots
>>
>>386741816
This game was my literal favorite when I was little. I still hold it in very high regard. A possible 10/10 for me.

>>386741886
Should have had those port-a-potties, mang.
>>
>>386749349
>it took like an hour for anything to happen
it's a series of 5 films, so they're paced like films.
>>
Does lower difficulty in next order lock any content out?
>>
File: 1280471.png (123KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
1280471.png
123KB, 431x431px
>>386749325
>cool mechs
>worse than this
>>
>>386749349
This. And they didn't make you care enough about the cellphone before killing it off.
>>
File: Boltboutamon.jpg (711KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Boltboutamon.jpg
711KB, 2500x2500px
>>386749325
It's not all bad
>>
>>386749497
Just trophies.
>>
>>386741816
I've been playing you over the last few days.
Fuck you and your absurd requirements for some ultimates though and the low lifespan sucks (rip kabuterimon). You're such a time consuming game, with the majority of time spent goddam training.

But you're still fun as fuck.
>>
>>386749150
Those that one chick have a rape whistle
>>
Are there any decent monster raising games I remember sinking so many hours into this and DQM on the gbc but there seems to be a severe lack of similar games now
>>
>>386747010
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qYnuFmoO077I_OBU7H5X3RH7swc5SJJbMS3lSEwBNdI/edit

there you can read up about it
>>
>>386749825
>kari will never blow your whistle
why live
>>
>>386749643
It doesn't lock trophies.
>>
>>386742091
I used to think that, then recently rewatched both. Digimon's animation is really jerky. Pokemon is pretty great, also. Worth rewatching with your kids.
>>
>>386742091
>Digimon
>Better game
>Better monster designs
I'll give you the Digimon Anime is better than the Ash "Aim for the Horns" adventures, but only contrarian hipsters think Digimon isn't fucking stupid.
>>
>>386741816
Sadly, yes.

I played for hundred of hours as a kid, for several months. My friends too.

No one was able to complete the game, gave out in frustration.

A decade later I remembered it, looked up a guide at the internet out of curiosity to know what were we doing wrong.

Turns out there was a fucking bug in the PAL version that prevented you from entering Ogremon's fortress.

Ragedownloaded the NTSC version and ragecompleted it in less than a week.

Uninstalled with a passion of christ from my PSX emulator.
>>
>>386750042
Thanks anon. Interesting stuff.

>>386750609
>>386750631
where did you plebs come from? fuck off to your botw general or something
>>
>>386750609
>tfw your country had the most atrocious digimon dubs ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T_TLBZxY4U
>>
>>386741919
kek
>>
>>386750631
>but only contrarian hipsters think Digimon isn't fucking stupid.
How about I knock your shit, fuccboi
>>
>>386750958
There were two PAL versions. One specific to the UK and one to the rest of europe. Only the UK version was uncompleteable. On the other hand the NTCS version had its own share of problems like the jukebox crashing the game.

Only the 2nd PAL version was relatively glitch-free, but it had the drawback of being 50 FPS. There really was no winning with this game.
>>
>>386751463
And I might be confusing the UK and general Europe versions, maybe it's the UK one which was completable. Who knows.
>>
>>386751463
>>386751563
UK one worked fine
>>
>>386744193
>If they turn into nanimon, stop screaming at him

I can't stop laughing
>>
>>386751463
>a 50 FPS limit is as bad as a glitch that made the game impossible to 100% and a glitch that crashed your game
jesus christ you fucking people
>>
>>386745180
Just raise 3-4 of your stats up good and will probably reach something
>>
>>386750958
Did you know? There is a workaround for the PAL bug, but it requires you to play on console. The trick is really fucked up, and you can pretty much only find it online if you dig through old German forum posts.
>>
>>386748984
oh yeah, I know that place. I don't think I've ever finished exploring Freezeland iirc, never got Angemon before.

man the exploration was absolutely amazing.
>>
File: weedmon.png (36KB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
weedmon.png
36KB, 200x177px
Boy, I need some Medicine.
>>
>>386741816
WHO ARE YOU?!
>>
>>386751463
How about the japanese version?
>>
>>386752062
elaborate im interested
>>
>>386746386
not really
you can fill up the entire town with two mons if you know what you're doing, they don't even have to reach ultimate level
>>
>>386752467
>you can speedrun the game
your point being?
>>
>>386752280
It's been about a decade since I did that myself, but here's what I remember.

1. Beat the game and clear Back Dimensions until it appears in the Ogre Fortress.

2. Go to the bugged Agumon in front of the fortress and fidget around with your dpad and walk button until you squeeze past him and enter the Back Dimension.

3. Go the last door before you encounter Machinedramon and wait for your digimon to go to sleep and save.

4. Enter the room and wait for the exact moment before the next screen loads and open your disk tray.

If you did it correctly, it would prevent the cutscene with Machinedramon from being loaded and you could squeeze past him to the next room with Ogremon and be in the fortress.
>>
>>386752279
dunno never heard anybody talk about it
>>
>>386752773
>1. Beat the game and clear Back Dimensions
but how do you do this without going into the ogre fortress? you need to go there to recruit whamon and go to the factorial town
>>
>>386752919
You can get more than 50 prosperity without any of the stuff after Ogremon.
>>
What is the point of Jyureimon, Master Tyranomon, Brachimon, Vamdemon, Blikmon, Hagurumon, etc in Digimon World? You can't raise them or fight them.
>>
File: 1378420815936.png (20KB, 223x218px) Image search: [Google]
1378420815936.png
20KB, 223x218px
>>386741816
I'm not into Digimon all that much, but I'm playing Next Order because I made a bet with a friend.

Is there a faster way to get stronger or is everything really just that slow in this game? I'm 15 hours in, by the way
>>
>>386752919
there's a total of 100 prosperity points in the game, you can easily get 50 without the 15-20 locked behind ogremon's quest chain
>>
>>386753018
they're story NPCs, jyureimon lifts the mist, myotismom lets you get skull greymon etc or one-offs like toy agumon. not everything has to raisable.
>>
>>386752279
Extremely popular
>>
>tap buttons forever to train stats
Yes. I love this game mechanic. It's so fun.
>>
File: 1497382407416.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497382407416.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>386741816

>tfw always getting shitmon
>figure out that i should say i don't have a digivice
>Finally get centaurmon
>mfw
>finally have fun adventuring all across the island

Also

>playing at a vidya event a week ago
>Digimon next order
>you don't get one digimon, but TWO
>Basically digimon world 1 except more shit
>mfw
>>
>>386753458
Even goddamn redigitize and redigitize decode got it right. Fuck next order.
>>
>>386753842
>Next Order didn't get a Vita localization
>Cyber Sleuth 2: The Prequel is getting a Vita localization
>>
File: image_3.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>386753979
Because that piece of rushed shit isn't a sudden hit like cyber sleuth.

Cyber sleuth deserves it though. The sheer number of digimon alone outweigh Next Fucker. Plus Hackers Memory will add more obscure and old mon so this will be a blast.
>>
>>386754601
I hope Skull Baluchimon is in it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzfvnrSFP7U
>>
Only that I never played you because I was having way more fun with Monster Rancher 2.
>>
>>386756098
Man, I love the music of DW
>>
I was playing it yesterday. Both of my Champions died since ultimate stats are fucking ridiculous. 6000 mp 500 brains and 300 on all others in 12 days? How the fuck? I'm just going to go for bonus conditions today.
>>
>>386758313
It's called getting good.
>>
>>386742747
Game is actually fun when played on an emulator for the fast forward through the boring fights. It also has the best ost imo
>>
>>386758313
don't even bother going for ultimates until you complete at the very least one of these, preferably two:
>recruit kuwagamon & kabuterimon
>recruit monzaemon
>get the training manual (you'll probably need a lot of combat discs to beat piximon without a good ultimate or a non-cheesy skill)
in the meanwhile focus on learning as many skills as you can so you're eligible for bonus tech conditions right off the bat
>>
>>386742091
>tfw there was more of a difference between Digimon World 1 and 2 then there was in all of the mainline pokemon games to date.
>>
>>386758313
Have you recruited both Kuwagamon and Kabuterimon? Any of the other stat boosting stuff yet?
>>
>>386758835
>in he meanwhile focus on learning as many skills as you can so you're eligible for bonus tech conditions right off the bat
the fuck is that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXOYaHwG8M

This is silly
>>
>>386759159
>have to praise/scold exactly on the 200th hour
how the fuck do people even find this shit out
>>
File: 1492171758962.png (241KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492171758962.png
241KB, 640x480px
>>386752130
You piece of shit
>>
>>386759159
Did they do this intentionally so that digivolutions always seemed magical and spontaneous?
>>
>>386742091
digimon had less appealing monster designs for kids than pokemon
mechanics too confusing for normies
>>
File: 1484203208807.jpg (15KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484203208807.jpg
15KB, 375x375px
>>386753138
if you're spending most of your time in the gym don't
go find a guide for the best places to grind for your stats
treat them as if they were your actual pets it makes it more fun
>>
>>386761162
>Local shit goes to the gym and evolves into alpha chad

Digimon is magical
>>
>>386761162
this is wrong
don't go explore untill you have a champion level
>>
>>386762208
naah you're wrong dude at rookie go farm goblinmon check out the faggot named mrw0lfy for it
>>
>>386741816
Had problems with my pc a couple months ago and since then it won't run any emulator anymore for some reason, and I can't be fucked to fix it
>>
The best part about this game
>No megas( except mugendramon )
>>
File: BanchoGolemon.jpg (102KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
BanchoGolemon.jpg
102KB, 400x400px
Soon
>>
>>386741816
Still my favorite PS1 game.
I love you digimon world's even if you turn my Garurumon into a poop monster.
I have still never beaten Digimon world, I've only gotten 2 ultimates that weren't shit.
How do I get good?
>>
>>386749275
Wrong.
>>
>>386763349
This. Sora was always hot.
Mimi wasn't bad, but 'Murika took a toll on her.
>>
my disc has a bug where the game crashes when you tries to train the digimon at the gym or whatever it called.

dont know how i managed to finish the game without any training. maybe im using gameshark? cant remember
>>
>>386763579
>Sora was always hot
Also wrong.
>>
>>386764018
Sorry you're gay. Wanna talk about Yamato's arms?
>>
Comfiest soundtrack in the game coming through!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yul2qCaNbPQ
>>
>>386749349
Movie 5 hits theaters and Crunchyroll on the 30th so you have time to watch the other 3 films. Just so you know nothing happens until movie 3 and even that's fucking bullshit forced drama.

>>386749546
They were trying to go with Digimon battles hurt people but we've seen that in Adventure to a much greater degree with Vamdemon taking over Odaiba.
>>
File: 1491712820881.png (261KB, 388x314px) Image search: [Google]
1491712820881.png
261KB, 388x314px
>>386765141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG_Owf3kOhs
pretty good remix coming through
>>
>>386765227
Haven't played Next Order yet, my only experience with the DW series is the first one (Its the first game I remember my parents bought me as I was like 3 years old for my dads Playstation which was a MGS machine atm) And the horrible and boring Digimon World 4, which really shouldnt even be a digimon world game at all.

Earlier this year I bought a PS4 during a sale and shortly after Cyber Sleuth, easily the best Digimon game I have played so far, as my former favorite was Rumble Arena 1+2.
>>
>>386765218
Oh, i thought they were trying to make us fall in love with flip phones again.
Man did the first movies sucked and Taichi has been a little bitch for about 4 movies now.
>>
>>386765218
>Just so you know nothing happens until movie 3
Nothing happens until the 4th movie. That anon can just watch the first two parts of the 1st movie, skip all of the 2nd except for the last twenty minutes, skip all of the 3rd until the last twenty minutes, and just watch the 4th part since it remembers that Tri is a digimon movie that took four fucking parts to digimon.
>>
File: 1448077571292.jpg (59KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1448077571292.jpg
59KB, 408x439px
>put digimon to sleep
>MC says "good afternoon"
>>
>>386766770
お休み
>>
>>386742091
>the game and cartoon aspects
Not really. Cartoon sure but games are all over the place.
>>
>>386767106
the pokemon games are all literally the same boring bird view shit with zero differences. even the worst digimon game is better than that.
>>
File: 1501557204531.jpg (98KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501557204531.jpg
98KB, 500x375px
>>
>>386766770
He says Oyasumi, which means Good Night. Even as a child it sounded more like, "Good night to you" than anything else.
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.