[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Huge disappointments in vydia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>Decided to play this game coz muh Digimon, even i'm not a lot into it but i like rpg's.
>Copy/paste dungeons.
>Go to the same dungeon to do shit 1342354123 times.
>Unbalanced as fuck, also supp characters are useless.
>Characters are retarded.
>Can't rush the main story because when you end the main quest of the chapter, they start to giving you 31242423 of side quest before you can go further (yes, im talking about the red pin ones).
>>
>no renamon
One job.
>>
>>386740081
renamon is in the game though
>>
>>386740081
Uh, anon Renamon is in the game
>>
>>386739978
>>386740081

Leave anon maybe pokemon splatoon or mario baby games are more suited for you.
>>
>>386740465
>B-BUT NINTENDO!!!
Really is morning /v/
>>
happened just now
>pirate hellblade without really knowing what I'm in for
>expecting some decent Hack and Slash
>it's literally a walking simulator
>I have not played a game this bad in years
I feel bad for people that played for that shit
>>
>>386739978
ARMS
Star Fox Zero
Paper Mario Color Splash
Hyrule Warriors
Nier Automata
>>
File: 1408619035162.jpg (69KB, 498x482px) Image search: [Google]
1408619035162.jpg
69KB, 498x482px
>>386740465
OP here, sorry but im more into minesweeper, i dont like shitty games like the ones that u named.
>>
>supp characters are useless
>When charge fields are a thing and you can res an ally to full health with one ability

So wrong
>>
>>386741228
I'm not talking about your team, im talking about guest digimons.
>>
>>386739978
I was also massively disappointed.
Actually playing the game was boring and a chore, but the story, characters, visuals and music were all top tier.

Should have just been a VN.
>>
>>386739978
>can't rush the main story because of optional content that doesn't impact the main story
Uh?

It's not the game's fault you're too autistic to pass up a quest.
>>
>>386741705
so I haven't played but I am considering it, what do you mean gameplay is a "chore"?
>>
File: 1501210116957.gif (3MB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
1501210116957.gif
3MB, 341x256px
>>386739978
>Easy mode is dogshit easy
>Hardmode is dogshit easy except for bosses which will fucking rape you

Was expecting better from the devs behind wild arms desuwa
>>
>>386742478
It's not a chore, but it doesn't do much to set it apart from other games.

The digivolution system is unique and fun to mess with, back can become tedious as you deep dive to get specific Digimon.
Combat isn't particularly deep, and there are some encounters that aren't exactly fun because of the speed=turns thing.

It's a good base for a true Digimon RPG experience, and I look forward to the sequel, Hacker's Memory.
But Cyber Sleuth sort of has to lean on the player's attachment to the Digimon universe or interest in the story. Otherwise it's "just alright."

Music's good though.
>>
>>386742715
I don't give a jack shit about digimon, I'm just looking for a competent RPG to play, ideally one with some challenge. So you're saying it's not for me?
>>
>>386740505
Sorry i forgot to mention call of duty and other games

>>386741212
i recomend tetris for faggots like you
>>
>>386741705
Yet you praise games like pokemon and shin megami tensei with the same gameplay? you are a fucking hypocrite
>>
>>386742815
If you're looking for something to blow you away, Cyber Sleuth isn't going to do it.

But it'll scratch your itch for turn-based RPG dungeon crawling well enough.
There's side content and postgame content that can offer a pretty sturdy challenge as well.
>>
>>386742913
OK. Thanks for your comments, anon, it sounded fairly objective.
>>
>>386742883
>Yet you praise games like pokemon and shin megami tensei with the same gameplay?
Considering I've only ever played SMTIV and haven't beaten a Pokemon game since Silver, I don't think thats true.

>>386742478
Chore might be a strong word. It was just really fucking easy so that made playing it not-fun at all. It just wasn't very interesting to actually play. I kept groaning every time dialogue ended and I had to pick up the controller. I've heard that the updated version clears up difficulty balance, but I played vanilla.
>>
>>386743056
It's a known fact that most Digimon games aren't exactly great. Nobody here will deny it even if we love the franchise to death.

Probably the only universally-praised Digimon game is Digital Card Battle.

If you want a more unique experience on the same platform as Cyber Sleuth, there's also Next Order, which is a true sequel to the original Digimon World.
The gameplay centers around exploring a large world and recruiting Digimon through various means to grow a city while slowly pushing through a main story.
The RPG elements are set in the V-pet style training of your partners, who also have a life cycle by which you schedule your activities (evolve to X so you can be strong enough to beat Y before the partner dies, for example).

NO introduces a lot of quality of life additions and improvements that make the system a lot more user-friendly than the original game, and I like it quite a bit.
The nature of the game makes it a slow burn so it's a nice game to chill out with.
>>
>>386743517
can you get immortal partners somehow in NO and/or waifumons?
>>
>>386744873
There are tamer skills which passively buff tons of things, including the natural lifespan of your partners.

But no immortality.
You can get Lilithmon if that's what you're asking.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.