[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just started this. What am I in for /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

I've just started this. What am I in for /v/
>>
>>386739947
Good parenting, atheism, cuckoldry, bullying, manifesting yourself, NPC never in one place which makes secondary quests painful to complete, sublime music, rein tiem.
>>
>>386739947
Bad teeth, good tea and The Queen.
>>
>>386741148
Here here lad! Long live the Queen!
>>
why do you people ask this

just play an hour of the game
>>
>>386740586
>cuckoldry
Why would you self-insert as Melia?
>>
>>386739947
One of the best JRPGs in years. The music, setting, and characters are all fantastic.
>>
We'll put a sock in it!
>>
>>386739947
one of the most boring games i have ever played, i have no idea why people like it
>>
File: mui1rPy.png (152KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
mui1rPy.png
152KB, 500x454px
Reyn time
Feeling it
>>
File: 1502194672909.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502194672909.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>386739947
Fantastic music and environments with servicable characters, story and combat. It's probably in the top 10 greatest jrpgs of all time, which is more reflective of the genre itself than the quality of the game. It's also one of the few JRPGs where the dubbing isn't atrocious. Just don't try to 100% the game unless you're a fetch-quest loving masochist.
>>
>>386739947
>MUH NADO!
>>
>>386739947
offline fetchquest mmo
>>
>>386739947
You'll be quick to find out you can't have a Reynbow without Reyn
>>
>>386742086
Nah there are plenty of great RPGs you just don't play anything but heavily marketed garbage.
>>
>>386739947
An offline MMO
>>
>>386742145
>>386742242
nice meme
>>
>>386742409
It's an MMO for people that do not like MMOs, especially the online part.
>>
>>386742086
>Just don't try to 100% the game unless you're a fetch-quest loving masochist.
This
There's also a TON of missable and time limited quests, fuck that.
>>
>>386739947
>IT'S REYN TIME BABY!
>YEAH, AM REALLY FEELING IT!
>I AM DUNBAN, ATTACK ME IF YOU DARE!

Great game.
>>
>>386739947
Best girl not winning
>>
>enjoying the fuck out of the game after putting 120 hours into x
>breezing through it
>get to the lorithia boss fight
>no progress in months

I never had to grind the entire game, but ive tried every party setup and nothing works. Doesnt help that my goto party of shulk/riki/seven does jack shit for it because of physical resistance and those wisps or whatever.
Any tips? Really dont feel like grinding, especially since the bionis interior is one of the most boring areas in the game and ive already explored it entirely.
>>
>>386742476
the only similarity is has with an MMO is the combat system, which is a real stretch to make a comparison with it as almost any jrpg could be referred to as an "offline MMO" then. It's just a dumb meme.
>>
>>386742791
The best party for this fight (from my experience) is Melia/Reyn/Sharla.

Melia can destroy the wisps
Reyn is there to soak up damage
Sharla is actually useful for keeping Reyn alive to soak damage.
>>
>>386743105
I was using a similar party but with Riki instead of Reyn since he has the high HP but with elemental attacks, though I guess reyn makes more sense for his agro skills.
Still, my issue seems to lie in melia and sharlas low hp pools. If im not careful, they can die in a single blow with the one aoe attack that the boss does. Combine the damage with the knockback that can stun lock you into one of the acid pools, and you have a recipe for frustration.
Another issue ive had is filling up the party gauge as melia. With shulk, it goes up whenever i successfully land an arte, but im not sure how to increase it as melia. Its pretty crucial for this battle to revive fallen party members.

The boss is a few levels above me as well, so i guess my only option is to grind a few levels and then give it another go with that party.
>>
>>386742956
Except the gameplay is what determines the sub-genre. Persona 5 is a JRPG. FF nowadays are either ARPGs or MMOs, and the Xenoblade games are offline MMOs.
>>
>>386743524
so the old FF games are offline MMOs, then?
Yeah, no, you're a fucking retard - there's no such thing as an 'offline MMO' as the term makes no sense.
>>
>>386743502
While your party set up helps a little, this fight is still bullshit that comes down to random chance. Mainly how often that bullshit arena covering AoE comes out.
>>
>>386743693
The old FFs are JRPGs. even if they had that retarded atb bar, it was used just to determine the turn order, the games themselves were turn based.

>the term makes no sense
It plays like an MMO, but it's an offline game. Not so hard to understand, you fucking retard.
>>
>>386743909
you can have turn-based combat in MMOs, too - ergo, FF is now an MMO without online, yes?
Makes perfect sense to me.
>>
>>386743973
>turn-based combat in MMOs
Never heard of that.
>>
>>386744028
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn-based_MMORPG
old FF games confirmed for offline MMOs.
>>
>>386744061
Ok. Now, if you pay attention for a second, you'll see how that's another subgenre, Turn-based MMOs. With the thing that changes being highlighted in the name of the subgenre, so the Xenoblade games are Offline MMOs, because they're the closest to regular MMOs, not JRPGs.
>>
>>386744298
Yes, and the subgenre you're looking for when you compare xenoblade to an MMO is an RTS-based MMO. My point was that MMOs didn't invent this style of combat, so it's dumb to point to MMO as the inspiration or as a comparison for it; rather, RTS and Turn-based combat existed prior to MMOs. Xenoblade uses an RTS combat system.
>>
>>386743524
No Persona 5 and all Persona games post 2 are high school anime waifubait dating sims
>>
>>386744606
>RTS combat system
Wat. You only control 1 character with a third person camera point of view, everything else moves around freely, you have autoattacks that fail to connect half of the time and your skills have cooldowns. It's an MMO, but offline. An Offline MMO if you will.
>>
>>386744778
Also known as JRPGs with dating sim elements.
>>
>>386739947
A solid 40 hour JRPG wrapped in 30 hours of blatant filler.
>>
>an offline game is a massive multiplayer online game

Really activates my almonds
>>
>>386744871
>everything else moves around freely
not true, you can command your teammates in xenoblade to attack specific enemies, which is why it counts as RTS combat, albeit it loose (but it's far closer to that than it is to an MMO given its strong linear narrative structure that isn't possible in an MMO). I get that you want to call it an 'offline MMO' for kicks as if that's a derogatory term of some kind, but not only do I fail to see how xenoblade is like an MMO, I also fail to see how this is even seen as a derogatory term to begin with - some people don't want action-oriented combat in a jrpg, especially since jrpgs have a history of doing action combat poorly.
>>
>>386745121
>you can command your teammates in xenoblade to attack specific enemies, which is why it counts as RTS combat
No, telling an AI controlled character to go do something doesn't count as RTS combat, where you can have a lot more control over any unit at any given moment.

>a derogatory term
But I don't. I actually loathe regular MMOs, but I enjoy the Xenoblade games quite a lot. I just want to classify them properly. As I said, it plays kinda like an MMO, but it's an offline game. It's an MMO for people that do not like MMOs, it's an offline MMO.
>>
>>386745449
I don't think a requirement of the RTS genre is that you can control your units at any given time, but I don't really play RTS games so I can't argue here.
>I just want to classify them properly
and I'm saying that the classification doesn't make sense, the game clearly is not based on an MMO structure, being extremely linear and the combat isn't even like any MMO I can think of either - it's basically a middle-ground style between turn-based and RTS style combat.
>>
>>386745449
>it plays kinda like an MMO, but it's an offline game
i'd say that just for the battle system,but still,i dont like MMO's and somehow this game is my 2nd most favorite game of all time,it's really good on it's own
>>
>>386745648
The story is linear, but the game structure and the open world nature of it are also MMO-like.

>>386745691
Yeah, as I said, it's an MMO for people that do not like MMOs,
>>
>>386745951
it's not really open-world, it's about as open-world as a monster hunter game. In fact, even less-so as the progression through the game's story is entirely linear with very little focus on side-content. THe structure of the game is absolutely not MMO-like in any way, an MMO cannot possibly have a strong linear narrative focus like this.
>>
File: 2.jpg (32KB, 442x503px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
32KB, 442x503px
I've started using melia in my third playthrough, summon earth does waaaaay too much damage
>>
File: Jenna-Coleman-384807[1].jpg (77KB, 590x842px) Image search: [Google]
Jenna-Coleman-384807[1].jpg
77KB, 590x842px
>>386746339

>The ether is flowing through me!

I'm due a third playthrough myself. Are you doing anything else different?
>>
A mediocre game with the typical JRPG story. Seriously, this game is only notable because it had a huge world on the piss weak system the Wii was ontop of being apart of the JRPG trifecta before the system was discontinued.
>>
Who else played the 3DS version

I'm too lazy to dig up my Wii and my laptop can't emulate it

Also another question: what side quests are worth doing? I'm not looking to do a bunch of fetch quests
>>
>>386739947
Tips: chain together multiple enemies for better loot drops. Gold chests obviously give better items. You can save before opening a chest and reload until you get what you want. You can swap your party lead to control other characters, but the AI sucks as controlling Shulk since it won't go for positioning bonuses on his arts. Naked Dunban is a viable dodgy tank - put speed gems on him for more Dodge.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.