[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mighty Number 9: Part 2 This is gonna destroy Iga's reputation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

File: bloodstained.png (3MB, 1916x1055px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained.png
3MB, 1916x1055px
Mighty Number 9: Part 2

This is gonna destroy Iga's reputation, his company, and he's gonna go bankrupt just like Inafune. He's gonna be stuck donig mobile games until he dies, which he hates.
>>
>>386739745
He must know it looks like shit
>>
>He's gonna be stuck working in the most profitable section of the industry!

Wow that sounds awful anon, the poor guy.
>>
IGA was dead to me after Megaman X7
>>
>>386739745
>protagonist has tits
Already has a leg up on Mighty No. Nope OP.
>>
File: 1454729394224.png (161KB, 242x409px) Image search: [Google]
1454729394224.png
161KB, 242x409px
>>386739745
I have no idea how you can compare this to MN9 when there's nothing even remotely similar to the game's development.

Are you the kind of idiot that ran around screaming that every game after ToR online was Tortanic v2?
>>
File: 0A9XNU01.jpg (72KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
0A9XNU01.jpg
72KB, 600x447px
>>386740169

None of the old-school devs want to do mobile. They consider it beneath them. The guys who want to do mobile are entrepreneur businessmen who want to get rich quick. These guys wanna make games.

Iga was moved to the mobile game division of Konami in 2011. He never made a single game there, as all his ideas clashed with mobile game dev philosophy. He hated it and wanted out. Once he was given an offer in 2014 to make a new company he thought about it. But the offer was for a mobile game. It was only when his partner agreed to make it a dual mobile-console company that Iga agreed. The Chinese branch makes mobile shit, and the Japanese branch makes real games. Iga was then happy.
>>
>>386740240
>IGA was dead to me after Megaman X7

Look at this /v/, these are the kind of retards that post here.
>>
>>386740409
Virgins on /v/ are desperate to see this fail for some reason. While the visuals aren't as good as they could be, the gameplay is definitely the Igavania one would expect, which is a lot more than you can say for Mighty Number 9 and Megaman.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/bloodstained.png/
You feeling alright?
>>
>>386740409

>fangamer
>nostalgia cash in
>old producer takes full credit for a series
>starts up a new company
>Inti-Creates lead devs for first year
>Ben Judd
>Kickstarter campaign modeled on MN9
>Inti-creates fired after 1 year
>fucking mobile devs replaced them
>>
>>386740240
You're going to have to explain that one to me.
Iga worked for konami, and megaman is capcom, so i don't see the connection
>>
>>386740748
What am I supposed to take away from this shitpost?
>>
What caused people on here to suddenly start shitposting about Bloodstained and compare it to MN9?
>>
File: 1406742764619.gif (358KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1406742764619.gif
358KB, 300x169px
>>386740835
>suddenly
>>
>>386740409
Inti Creates
Unreal Engine
Ben Judd
Old washed up "not actually a dev" hack frontman

The trifecta of success
>>
>>386740240
This post is /v/ in its purest, most crystallized form.

Someone expressing a hard opinion about something he has absolutely no understanding of.
>>
I don't think it is possible to fail on the level of MN9.

The game will be mediocre though.
>>
>>386740748
>>nostalgia cash in

The only thing you can complain about so far are the visuals (which don't even look bad).

Asking for a full HD sprite based game (that would basically be SotN HD in terms of visuals) is fucking retarded. That would take an insane amount of time and money.

Also I keep hearing how gameplay comes first here, but apparantely that isn't the case.
>>
>>386740835

Same people, same campaign.

>>386740903

I still laugh thinking Ben Judd got forced out of Capcom for Bionic Commando, which was one of Capcom's biggest bombs ever. 20 million dollar budget, only a few hundred thousand unit sales. Goes on sale for god damn 1 dollar every Steam sale. It still hasn't sold 1 million. You just know Judd was given taht kind of budget relatively early in his career because he's best buds with Inafune.
>>
>>386740835
it's still possible to play symphony of the night and not this horrible looking 2.5d wannabe
>>
You know what? Let's forget about how shitty the graphics are, or the character designs, or the game itself clearly being a kickstarter scam. Know what really gets me? How the fuck is it in 2017 this style of combat is acceptable? It plays like fucking sotn for fuck sakes! The enemies barely have any attacks and die in like one hit. This was understandable when they worked with limited sprites, but there's no excuse with 3d modeling now.

This is how this game's gameplay and combat should be like, take notes Iga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VahYGGTYnVw
>>
I just want a good Castlevania -like game, dark souls never truly filled the hole left behind by Castlevania
>>
>>386740835
>What caused people on here to suddenly start shitposting about Bloodstained and compare it to MN9?

They're desperately trying to fit in. Mindless shitposting is standard for idiots.

Take the retard here >>386740903 for example. He lists UE4 as a negative yet he most likely has never even touched the engine and lacks 0 understanding of it. He would list any non inhouse developed engine as shit.
>>
>>386741092
>wannabe

With comments like this it's clear you don't even understand what you're actually typing.

This retard as well >>386741120 , just look at what he's actually typing
>How the fuck is it in 2017 this style of combat is acceptable? It plays like fucking sotn for fuck sakes!

You idiots are so fucking dense it's downright hilarious.
>>
>>386741120
>How the fuck is it in 2017 this style of combat is acceptable?
>It plays like fucking sotn for fuck sakes!
This is how you spot an underage.
The game is advertised as a tribute to the legacy he once took part with Konami (Castlevania or the Igavanias as fans would affectionately refer to), and he literally stated in the interview that he wants to show the industry that there is still a market for these kinds of games. Castlevania fans really wanted more since Konami has shit the bed.
>>
>>386739745
Well, he had it coming since it's starting to sound more and more like he has a stick up his ass about "Artistic vision". If he just made the game 2d and let INTI do what they do best, instead of trying to force them to translate their 2d-animations into 3D-models(Something I think everyone can say they are clearly unable to do beyond medicore), the game might actually be coming out on schedule. You don't hire a fucking garbage man to clean your teeth, so why throw money at a dev team to underutilize their strengths? The shit is a waste of time and money; IGA is every bit at much a retard as Inafune for clearly not relenting on an awful decision.
>>
File: g7wfK9Z.gif (573KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
g7wfK9Z.gif
573KB, 500x281px
>people cry out for another game like sotn
>the lead guy behind sotn and the other metroidvanias makes a kickstarter for people asking for this
>he's making a game that is very close to sotn and his other metroidvanias
>tards like >>386741120 complain that it's precisely what the fans asked for
>>
>>386741474
>If he just made the game 2d

How?
>>
>>386741474

The logic they're using is that modern games must be HD, and an HD game is easier to do in 3D. The logic is sound, but the premise is flawed. It ignores that people, especially the fans of these older games, are perfectly fine with lower resolution. Shovel Knight sold over 1 million copies, and everyone and their mom pirates and emulates old low resolution games all the time.
>>
>>386739745
you faggots are trying to hard everythings not tortanic or andromeda
>>
Of course, I am worried. Let's not suck Iga's dick. Not until the game is out.
>>
>>386741327
i haven't been following the development of the game, i thought it looked like a shitty clone/"spiritual successor" to SOTN and after that i lost all interest

how about you get IGA's dick out your mouth and explain why i'm wrong rather than just calling anyone who thinks the game looks shit a retard
>>
>>386741629
>The logic they're using is that modern games must be HD

So you want a castlevania game that's extremely low res?

Basically something like this (pictured)? Even this takes a lot of time and money. Any idea how long thisgame has been in development? Any idea how many times it has been delayed?
They worked on it since before 2013 and it's now 2017. They're not even close to finishing development on the game.
>>
>>386741620
You hire Inti-Creates and let them sprite everything?
The building blocks are all there, IGA's just being a stubborn jap who's trying to be hip with the kids like Inafune was. He's too far down the hole now too, it HAS to be 3D at this point.

>>386741629
Personally, I think he purchased all the shit first without thinking and just wanted to justify his purchases of a bunch of dumb bullshit. For fucks sake, you hire Inti-Creates just to make them do some 3D models and background shit. What the fuck retarded thought process goes on there?
>>
>>386741935
Not that anon, but I already pointed some things out >>386741445
also see >>386741524
want me to link the promotional video where he stated that the game is literally made for fans who enjoyed SoTN and the games that was modeled after it?
>>
>>386739745
I don't get this MN9 meme.
The gameplay visual looks just like the initial concept art back when kickstarter campaign started.

Unlike MN9, gameplay is a huge downgrade from the initial concept art.
>>
>>386741935
>how about you get IGA's dick out your mouth and explain why i'm wrong rather than just calling anyone who thinks the game looks shit a retard

Because it's fucking supposed to be a spiritual successor to SotN you ignorant retard.

Like holy fuck how can you even think it's a good idea to open your cunt mouth when you're this fucking ignorant?

Here, let me greentext it for you so your retarded ass understands
>fans want X
>person says he will make X if they give him money
>the game he's making looks very much like X
Then you come along and say
>hurrrr, why does it look like X????

Just fucking kill yourself at this point.
>>
>>386742017
>So you want a castlevania game that's extremely low res?

Absolutely. A 3DS title would be ideal for the first game in the series.

>Basically something like this (pictured)? Even this takes a lot of time and money. Any idea how long thisgame has been in development? Any idea how many times it has been delayed?

Experienced dev teams with 1 million or more can do it fine. I don't know the dev team size or budget of this game. Probably just a few guys in their spare time with no money. Inti-Creates would put a game like that in a few years.
>>
>>386742074
"wannabe" might have been a poor choice of word but i understood that it was modeled after SOTN

i suppose we won't have the final verdict until the game is actually released but i can't imagine at that point that i wouldn't still prefer to play SOTN which despite it's aged graphics looks a lot better than this shitheap
>>
File: TYit14N.jpg (323KB, 1282x1456px) Image search: [Google]
TYit14N.jpg
323KB, 1282x1456px
>>386742168
Retards on /v/ don't understand what concept art is. These retards probably thought that those were just screenshots/stills from an early build.

The game doesn't even look bad and they're consistently improving the visuals.
>>
>>386742204
There's a point in time where low res 2d becomes stale, though.
Dracula X Chronicles was pretty alright despite being a 3D side scrolling game much akin to what they're going for here.
>>
>>386742054
>For fucks sake, you hire Inti-Creates just to make them do some 3D models and background shit. What the fuck retarded thought process goes on there?

Inti had made multiple 3D games for handheld.s They were more known for their 2D titles though. It seems like Inti's problems was Unreal engine rather than 3D itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX891cFmfUI
>>
Daily reminder that inti creates hasn't worked on the game in like a year.
>>
>>386742017

>Chasm is a 2D Platform Adventure

Nice. I'm with you.

>featuring procedurally generated Metroid-like dungeons and authentic pixel art.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Procedural generation is one of the biggest memes out there, up there with crafting, open world,etc.
>>
>>386742204
>Absolutely

You're in the minority. Besides there are such games already out there for you.

>A 3DS title would be ideal for the first game in the series.

Retard. So they should limit themselves to the 3DS?

>Experienced dev teams with 1 million or more can do it fine.

Funny. Your understanding of game development is so insufficient for this kind of discussion that you shouldn't even be talking.
All that passes through your mind is those of a spoiled child, only what you "want" without understanding how reality works.
>>
>>386742592
>Procedural generation is one of the biggest memes out there, up there with crafting, open world,etc.

That's because once you create the system the game makes itself and you don't have to spend time on handcrafting quality.
>>
>>386742608
>3DS
anon, haven't you realized? it's a nintenbaby shilling his agenda that the game should be made (and tailored) for the 3DS.
>>
>>386742531

They got their asses FIRED. Which is really bad. You only fire your lead devs on a project if things are going VERY badly. That's pretty much last resort you do.

>>386742608
>Funny. Your understanding of game development is so insufficient for this kind of discussion that you shouldn't even be talking.
>All that passes through your mind is those of a spoiled child, only what you "want" without understanding how reality works.

Man, you're a fucking dumbass. All the handheld GBA-NDS games took around 1 year to make and only around a million. They're cheap, fast games. Continuing that model on the 3DS would have been best. Then give PC ports and console ports if the series is popular. A cautious, simple, tried and true method. We would have gotten 3DS/Switch/PC Bloodstained by now if it was 2D. This is the model followed by Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Azure Striker Gunvolt, which were much more successful than MN9.

Current bloodstained is a fucking mess, with no set release date, and it's VERY likely there's gonna be another delay. It's following ALL the mistakes of Mighty Number 9. Mark my words, that shit is not coming out "Early 2018". They're only 20% done now.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (194KB, 1894x580px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
194KB, 1894x580px
>>386742054
>it HAS to be 3D at this point.

There's nothing wrong with 3D at all. Only someone truly delusional would think otherwise.
Tons of devs have proved this.

In many cases people don't even realize that it's 3D. Even sprite based games back during the SNES days used 3D models.
>>
>>386742901
>All the handheld GBA-NDS games took around 1 year to make and only around a million.
always provide a source, otherwise you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>386739745
>he's gonna go bankrupt just like Inafune.

Just like? Inafune hasn't gone bankrupt
>>
>>386742901
>All the handheld GBA-NDS games took around 1 year to make and only around a million

See what I'm talking about? You directly compare this working situation as if they were still back at Konami and you don't even remotely grasp how massively retarded this is.

There is no point in wasting any more time on an ignoramus such as yourself. So keep shitposting away.
>>
>>386740609
>Virgins on /v/ are desperate to see this fail for some reason.

Because they need justification for their shitposting so they don't feel dead inside.
>>
>>386742336
top one doesn't even look bad, what are people crying about
>>
>>386742901
I haven't been following Bloodstained, but would you care to cite a source when describing it as "a fucking mess?" I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm just curious.
>>
>>386742901
>All the handheld GBA-NDS games took around 1 year to make and only around a million.
the gap between Aria of Sorrow(GBA) and Dawn of Sorrow(NDS) for example is about 2 years. And doesn't yet account other games Konami's handheld division were developing during those times.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>got burned by MN9
>got burned by project phoenix
>tfw didn't back this tragedy in the making
>>
Tfw Metroid 2 Remake is fucking dog shit but people will praise it while Bloodstained was supposed to save metroidvanias not destroy it
>>
File: cody-areyoufuckingserious.png (133KB, 270x313px) Image search: [Google]
cody-areyoufuckingserious.png
133KB, 270x313px
>>386742901
>dedicated resources, shared assets and talent, etc. at konami is comparable to a random group of indie devs making a game from scratch
>>
>>386742965
The point I was making is that if he wanted to pull his head out of his ass now, it would be far too late in the cycle. I know 3d isn't always bad but Bloodstained looks janky and strange, like there are missing frames in almost every single animation. Yes it's still in dev but they're showing off promotional shit with these janky animations and whatnot that hasn't realyl changed much since first gameplay reveal. This game is not going to be one of those 3d gems unless they sink another 1-2 million into dev time to fix some of these sloppy technical problems.
>>
>>386743454
>>tfw didn't back this tragedy in the making

This game, unlike those games, actually looks solid so far. Care to tell us what is bad in terms of the things we've seen in detail?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (475KB, 1500x1345px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
475KB, 1500x1345px
The peak of Castlevania is this horrid game? One that has an incoherent sprite style (some black outline, some still from the PCE Rondo) bad music and a really stupid storyline that we only haven't (sarcasm) had every game since SotN? Fuck Iga, I'm glad his reign is over. While he brought us Ayami Kojima and had 3 great games, SotN, Chronicles, and Harmony, he never could get out of the Iga formula and everything post was poor. He also let Konami give the series an inexistent budget, he never fought to actually get some money behind the series. Compare that to Hideo promoting LoS, and getting a 100 piece live fucking orchestra and some actual financial backing to support a team of talented graphic designers and producers. Iga couldn't even get Konami to give them some competent level designers, shit man Iga couldn't even get them to give him new sprite artists since they were copying and pasting sprites from 1993.

LoS was a major step in the right direction that the series needed. Bring it back to the Belmont clan. Give us back the whip. Give us a game of grandeur scale. Give us a story that doesn't totally suck ass. Give us a more focused enemy group instead of a bunch of shitty sprites made by kids in kindergarten that pop up once a level and have no attacks that just stand there. Give us some competent music. Give us a well designed environment. LoS did all of this.

How could your jaw not drop when you first went to the castle and see it looming over? How could you not think, damn, this totally reminds me of back in the day. How about scaling the heights of the castle, and the cold wintery dead suffocating design it had? All that was just dripping with Cv goodness.

I don't see how anyone can think it's a LotR spin off, nothing about it was anything like LotR. You could see some Guillermo Del Toro inspiration, probably not in just design but also national pride, in some of the artwork. But a huge chunk of the game felt more Cv than the last 7 Cv games combined.
>>
>>386743519
I have no idea what you're even trying to say. All I'm hearing is someone that doesn't even know the first thing about game development. What makes you think you're even qualified to talk about this?
>>
oh man this game is gonna bomb so hard
I can't wait to >post yfw you didn't fall for [game] meme
I'm gonna get so many replies
>>
File: 1424873792262.png (29KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1424873792262.png
29KB, 803x688px
>>386740240

Have a free (you). Hopefully you'll get 30+ fishes by the end of this thread.
>>
>>386743649
>LoS was a major step in the right direction that the series needed.
HAHAHA. wait, you're serious?
LoS was originally intended to be a standalone game seperate from Castlevania. It was a decent game to be sure, 2 was a fucking mess. If anything, it wasn't a step in the right direction, but more of the beginning of the downfall.
>>
>>386743754
>oh man this game is gonna bomb so hard

You base this on what? The only ones complaining so far are shitposters on /v/ that think that IGA developed Megaman X7.
>>
File: 1468813079285.png (18KB, 179x193px) Image search: [Google]
1468813079285.png
18KB, 179x193px
>>386740240
>>
File: 1501913270303[1].jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501913270303[1].jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
Post actually good 2D exploration action games instead.

This is like Shatae if Shantae was good.
>>
>>386743649
I've been hesitant to jump off the IGAvania ship since I grew up playing those games and I have an inherent fondness for them, but you do make a pretty reasonable argument. I still don't like LoS's gameplay style, though.

I also know you're joking about any Castlevania game pre-LoS having incompetent music.
>>
>>386743901
>Post actually good 2D exploration action games instead.

You first.
>>
>>386740835

It's just a samefag spamming threads. It's the XV-kun of Bloodstained, except he has an autistic hatred for the game instead of autistic love and devotion. There hasn't been any single relevant update for threads about the game to pop up, so that makes it clear that it's BS-kun.
>>
>>386740835
>suddenly
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.