[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who's worse and why, memes aside.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 15

File: sweetLittleLiars.png (2MB, 1582x872px) Image search: [Google]
sweetLittleLiars.png
2MB, 1582x872px
who's worse and why, memes aside.
>>
>>386739643
Molyneux of course.
Memes aside, Todd isn't THAT bad.
>>
#YeGodsWhatsInside
>>
It is a matter of perspective.

Todd tries less so his lies don't reach the same heights as Molyneux HYPE but the later deserves some credit for being imaginative.

Basically pick your poison, Todd is probably more malevolent but Peter is so over the top that Todd can't match his ridiculous claims.
>>
>>386739784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
JUST WERKS
>>
Peter actually made some good games. Todd is irredeemable.
>>
It should be Sean Vs Molyneux
>>
>>386739931
Molyneux tells blatant lies on purpose. He has admitted this, look it up. Todd stretches the truth to make mundane shit seem cool (technically you do climb that mountain and the "dynamic snow" is real but very underwhelming).

The only real blatant lie I can think of from Todd was the radiant ai stuff from oblivion and even that existed they just couldn't get it to work outside of very narrow situations without totally breaking down.
>>
>>386740351
...and Molyneux would still be worse.
It really should be Sean vs Todd.
>>
Molyneux is genuinely a real innovator and was generally a driving force in the industry in the 1990s whereas Todd is just a talentless hack who tries too hard.
>>
>>386740371
>The only real blatant lie I can think of from Todd was
You're forgetting the times he had anything positive to say about Skyrim or Fallout 3/4.
>>
i feel like molyneux ideas are truly innovative but fail due to being not feasable (be it due to financial or technical limitations)

whereas Todd doesn't even try to do something new although having all the financial means and manpower because he's aware of the fact that people are going to buy his mediocre garbage anyway
>>
>>386739931
>todd
>height as molyneux
hue
>>
>>386740337
This. The only thing that matters eventually are the games and Todd has never made a good one. That said Molyneux hasn't been relevant for years so they both contribute nothing while Todd is actively ruining vidya with paid mods on top of that.
>>
>>386741064
>Todd has never made a good one
What is Daggerfall and Morrowind
>>
>>386739643
Todd still makes enjoyable games, despite their flaws. Molyneux is a complete hack.
>>
File: 1.jpg (20KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
20KB, 542x540px
>>386741115
lmao
>>
>>386739784
I think todd ruined elder scrolls and fallout more than molyneux fucked up with fable.
>>
>>386741164
Tbh after how boring skyrim and fallout were I don't really have any hope for bethesda.
>>
Peter because he can't stick with failing projects he hyped up from the beginning. Todd's a piece of shit, but at least he'll go down with the ship.
>>
Please tell me someone had enough foresight to make nigger versions of Todd and Molymeme
>>
The only people who think that Todd is worse than Peter are new fags who don't remember the hype levels surrounding Fable that Peter created and how crushingly disappointing it was in comparison, despite being a pretty decent game on its own.
>>
File: 654365436543.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
654365436543.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
pete and todd over promise and over hype things but this piece of shit flat out lied about stuff he knew wasn't true several times on national television, plus those have actually made decent games before
>>
File: 1489895150183.jpg (14KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
1489895150183.jpg
14KB, 480x371px
>>386740598
>/v/'s opinion is everyone's opinion
>>
>>386741882
Yes but he doesn't continually fuck people over, now he's exposed as a conman whereas todd is still getting away with it and peter did it for decades
>>
>>386739643
Todd stretches the truth. Molyneux actually lies
>>
>>386741828
Not even Fable. His utter deception during Black and White 2's years of development was fucking atrocious.
>>
Pete Hines is whats wrong with bethesda. He's a fucking retard.
>>
>>386742595

Don't forget about how he completely made up everything to do with Milo.

And how the guy who won that prize for Godus never received it.
>>
>>386742707
care to elaborate?
>>
File: Pete Hines.jpg (78KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines.jpg
78KB, 450x577px
>>386743405
>>
>>386743717
kek that real?
>>
>>386739643
Molyneaux is Kojima´s future.
>>
>>386739643
Todd, at least molyneux made some good games back then.
>>
File: 227.jpg (42KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
42KB, 512x384px
>>386743717
What the hell are you smiling at?
>>
File: Pete Hines 2.jpg (55KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines 2.jpg
55KB, 600x571px
>>386743772
Dunno check the archive page :^)
>>
>>386739643
Molyneux is a visionary of lies, Todd just embellishes the truth.
Read up on how Molyneux got into the industry in the first place, the man may be a con man, but damn if he's not a successful (and sometimes entertaining) one.
>>
>even needing to ask this
Go check on godus if you think Todd could ever be worse.
>>
>>386743963

what a dumb pompous fuck
i love todd now
>>
>>386744004
todd is pretty entertaining too desu
he's a walking meme manlet
>>
>>386744004
>He created The Entrepreneur, a text-based business simulation game about running a fledgling company. "In those days you could literally call a game 'Space Blob Attacks Mars' and sell about 50 million copies. So what did I do? I did a business simulation", Molyneux later said. Molyneux published the game himself in 1984 by duplicating hundreds of tapes on two Tandy Corporation recorders. After taking an advertising space in a game magazine, he prepared for the game's success; he later stated in an interview, "I was utterly convinced that this game would sell tons. I thought, 'You know, this letter box is just not big enough. It's just not going to fit all the envelopes.' So I cut – and this is no joke – I cut a bigger letter box". However, the game received only two orders, one of which Molyneux speculated was from his mother.

>Due to the game's failure, Molyneux retreated from game design, and started Taurus Impex Limited—a company that exported baked beans to the Middle East. Commodore International mistook it for Torus, a more established company that produced networking software, and offered to provide Molyneux with ten free Amiga systems to help in porting "his" networking software. "... it suddenly dawned on me that this guy didn't know who we were", Molyneux later said. "I suddenly had this crisis of conscience. I thought, 'If this guy finds out, there go my free computers down the drain.' So I just shook his hand and ran out of that office". Taurus designed a database system for the Amiga, called Acquisition – The Ultimate Database for The Amiga and, after clearing up the misunderstanding with Commodore, the program was released and became a moderate success.

I wish someone Masters of Doom'd him.
>>
People who still believe those two are the worst.
Todd is a living meme at this point but people still listen to him. And as for Molyneux for some reason there was a considerable amount of retards that still believed his bullshit during Fable 3's development.
I wonder if the problem with gamers is that they have a very short memory span or the just suck at recognising patterns.
>>
File: 1499907841682.png (18KB, 498x520px) Image search: [Google]
1499907841682.png
18KB, 498x520px
>>386744575
>Molyneux somehow scammed Commodore into giving free computers to his beans company
>>
Molyneux tries and fails. He is an idealist.
Howard doesn't even try. He is a cunt.
>>
>>386746176
>Molyneux tries and fails.
After decades in game design he should have accumulated enough wisdom to know how shit works.
And yet his last projects are all in shambles. What happened to his last kickstarter project Godus? Abandoned and left unfinished.
At least Todd manages to bring out complete games even if they end up shitty.
>>
>>386741882
>>386742367
Sean wanted to make his dream game but was naïve in terms to resource management and amount of communication required between the dev team and him, causing him constantly updating the feature scope that the dev team and resources couldn't keep up with Sean. As the game had to be released a lot of corners and features had to be cut and the reaction became the expected when it was released and didn't meet the expectations. The entire development and subsequent release situation ended up looking very similar to Jurassic Park Trespasser development hell and lackluster release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M

Sony also has a hand in this by overmarketing it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_distortion_field
>Steve Jobs
>Peter Molyneux
>Todd Howard
>Sean Murray
>>
>>386746176
Look up Milo and tell me that was anything more than a scam from the start.
>>
>>386744575
Kek he is one slick bastard tho
>>
>>386741115
trash
>>
>>386741115
shit games that are only better than skyrim and oblivion because of Kirkbride's writing
>>
File: 94114935.jpg (176KB, 1594x1772px) Image search: [Google]
94114935.jpg
176KB, 1594x1772px
>>386739643
>>
File: 1450742050754.png (72KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1450742050754.png
72KB, 247x248px
>>386744575
Holy shit! That's both scummy and hilarious.
>>
>>386740337
todd was involved in morrowind
>>
File: whenwilltheylearn.png (423KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
whenwilltheylearn.png
423KB, 410x600px
>>
>>386744575
This is amazing
>>
>>386741115
Morrowind is trash
Should've used Oblivion as an example. Then again you're a retard Morrowbaby who doesn't even know Todd wasn't director of Daggerfall, and was barely involved in it at all.
>>
>>386739643
Todd Howard didn't actually do anything wrong - it was all Zenimax, he has to bend to their will.
He actually likes games.
Whereas while molynuex is well intentioned he has all the power, which means he is responsible for all the mistakes, whether purposefully or not.
>>
>>386739643
Molyneux, but even so he's done a lot of cool shit. And still does do some, like his weird personal populous mod.
>>
>>386739643
The damage they did lies not in their products themselves, but in the trends that they've introduced. Molyneux actually made good games and so did Todd, arguably. I'm pretty sure we've all played worse games than Oblivion or Skyrim and what irritates /v/ is the rampant fanboyism.
>>
>>386739643
Molyneux has a better portfolio in both games and lies, Todd has much to learn.
Also, Molyneux lied out of personal hype, the man honestly wanted to deliver and if you played the games you could feel that, Todd just plain lies on things that he and bethesda never had any intention of actually working on since the very beginning or just spins a really good half truth on existent mechanics.

Both made some really great games though, memes and lies aside, even if they didn't deliver on everything.
>>
Molyneux. Todd actually delivered games that had some semblance of what was promised. Molyneux is a flat out liar.
>>
>>386739643
Whichever asshole at From Software who is responsible for the constant and endless NPC invasions in DS2 SOTFS. Even though I'm shit at PVP, I'm cool with being invaded as a consequence of being human or embered in 1 and 3, but not as a consequence of not rushing everything. I'm not a fucking speedrunner. Fuck you and fuck B-Team Souls.
>>
>People shit on Todd around here
>Skyrim threads are pretty much a daily thing around here and those that bitch at it the most play it the most.
>Fallout threads are almost as frequent as Skyrim ones, especially in /vg/
>Morrowind for old fags such as myslef is still a milestone.

You know, I know 4chan is full of hypocrites, but fuck if you don't sometimes cross over the line of it being cartoonishly stupid. Now, Molyneux had a few really good games a long, long, long time ago. But when it comes to hacks, he's one.
>>
I don' get this autistic hate towards Todd.
He is a dedicated man who loves what he does and in the process created some of the best franchises in video games today. Of course none of it is perfect and he tends to exaggerate a bit but guess what, so does everybody else.

Molyneux on the other hand is an admitted, snake oil salesman like con man
>>
File: man.jpg (44KB, 372x400px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
44KB, 372x400px
Now that we've but memes aside, why is /v/ so butthurt about betheda games? They are literally normie boring dad's first and only "rpg". They play it maybe 2 hours each sunday and have a moderate amount of fun.

Why do you care?
>>
>>386754483
Because when crap sells, more crap gets made.
Also oblivion and under were actually good.
>>
>>386755162
oblivion was dogshit, i even enjoyded skyrim way more.
Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
>>
At least Molyneux only fucked up his own franchises.
>>
>>386754483
>why is /v/ so butthurt about betheda games?

Contrarianism. Skyrim is the most popular single-player game in existence which means you must hate it.
>>
>>386755670
>ad populum
To make something appeal to the average person it must become more average.
Now granted, that's a gross simplification, in reality it is significantly more complicated than that, there are plenty of psychological elements to marketing and marketing influenced game design, but retards who assume that popularity is quality are most likely not capable of appreciating that kind of science.
But generally the more popular something is the more generic, less experimental, and less deep it is, whereas niche markets, like engineering games, are more specialized.
>>
Molyneux's main crime is that he gets over-enthusiastic about his own games and says dumb shit in his excitement. I genuinly loved Black & White and Fable 1.

Todd is just a corporate faggot lying to you in order to get you to BUY SKYRIM FOR THE 8TH TIME
>>
>>386739643
Both fell for the same thing. Their grand epic adventures turned into oversimplified generic junk.

Both continue to have great music. Both have a decent art direction (sans characters) and both create a great premise of a world worth exploring.

Then both fuck it up by removing all agency so that all you have to do is walk and push a button. Hell in Fable it doesn't even matter which button. They all win. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Fallout doesn't even have ammo.
>>
Peter is without a shadow of a doubt the worst hack in the business followed closely by Kojima. Todd isn't even past the mountain top to be put in the same stratosphere as those two scumbags.
>>
Molyneux advertises and talks about concepts before theyre even started, even if they can't be implemented, he's an idea guy.
Todd takes concepts that are menial and boring and talks about them in ways that make them seem really exciting. Infinite quests? Well yes, they're all shit but he didn't say that now did he?
>>
>>386756984
>I wouldn't be surprised if the next Fallout doesn't even have ammo.
Come on now, that's a bit far. It won't have dialogue choices.
>>
>>386754483
Skyrim is super normie and there is a bit of a circlejerk against the older titles because of the vocal cult about them, especially Morrowind so it's hype to scream about how they are shit.
>>
At least Todd can make playable games. All Peter did was empty promises.
>>
Daily reminder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhzb9OUWrXU
>>
>>386757473
>Kojima
Retard alert. Also Todd is a lying sell out. You probably admire him for that though.
>>
>>386751981
Wtf has that got to do with this thread?
>>
File: 1495561594385.png (334KB, 426x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495561594385.png
334KB, 426x420px
>>386758490
that's fucking hilarious.
>>
File: ohman.jpg (17KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
ohman.jpg
17KB, 300x235px
>>386739643
You mean like a father beating his son?
And yes, Todd happens to be the father of this generation's Fallout.
And him being in the chess club doesn't mean he wasn't shit at chess.
And that Teletubby with a shotgun I need some eye refreshing.
>>
Godus and the like puts Molyneux in a whole other level

Todd may lie about his games but he doesn't take your money, make a big song and dance about something for ages and then follow none of it up and play victim when they come knocking at his door.
>>
>>386739643
Andrew Wilson
>>
>>386758490
>>386758952
>check videos related
>Curiosity winner has recieved nothing
lol
>>
File: 1497243715558.jpg (7KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
1497243715558.jpg
7KB, 219x219px
>>386746481
>complete games
>Bethesda
>>
>>386739643
Molyneux is worse. I at least don't hear Todd talking shit about previous entries in their games, not to mention Molyneux tries to act upset and give us crocodile tears when his shit is called shit.
>>
>>386739643
Molyneux is shit but made a few good games and tried to do stuff that was impossible to do at the time and was a dreamer albeit also a con.
Todd is a fucking hack that embraces the utter mediocirty of his games knowing that modders will just "fix" their incomplete and broken games. I hold the theory that they dont really make a new engine because modders would probably stop making mod due to being to difficult and ultimatedly crashing and burning with no survivors.
>>
>>386739643
Todd because he has better IP's to fuck up.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.