[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressed gamer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: hyde.gif (42KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
hyde.gif
42KB, 192x224px
I don't feel like playing anything anymore. I think the industry has stagnated. Everything that both indie and triple A developers release are more or less the same and done before.

I can remember that last game's I kinda truly enjoyed were demon's souls back in 2010 and dark souls in 2012.

Remember those times when video games brought you an actual enjoyment?
>>
>>386735023
>Remember those times when video games brought you an actual enjoyment?

All the time.
>>
Splatoon is the only thing I can enjoy.
>>
You just have to play some great games to refuel your love for vidya anon
>>
Who /schizophrenic gamer/ here?
>>
For my, it's not just about games. It is about literally anything.. but speaking about gaems, last nail was Guild Wars 2. Though nothing will beat Diablo 3 disappointment.
>>
>>386735023
Video games still bring me enjoyment I just never get to play them working 3 jobs to stay afloat with medical debt.
>>
File: 1496389788647.gif (760KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496389788647.gif
760KB, 576x768px
I think it's pretty accurate to say the industry has stagnated. There are a few occasional diamonds in the rough but those are very hard to find with all the shit that comes out these days.
You can still play older, better games to get enjoyment. For example, I played No More Heroes for the first time recently and had a blast. Now I'm playing Killer7 and Ace Combat 5 and really enjoying both of them.
>>
Dude just emulate the best games ever
>>
Once I lose my virginity I lost my all interest in video games.
>>
Hollow Knight brought me out of this slump and gave me hope. Playing through Deadly Premonition right now and I'm enjoying Swery's take on Twin Peaks.
>>
Japan are making a massive come back. Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Nioh and Yazuka 0 are all fantastic games that feel like they had actual thought put into them and have reignited my interest in vidya.
>>
>>386737558
>Yazuka 0
How beneficial is it to the plot to have played all the previous titles, since it's a prequel?
>>
>I'm 19 and games just ain't what they used to be, industry's gone to shit. Maybe I'm just getting old...
>>
File: 1501595237519.jpg (145KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
1501595237519.jpg
145KB, 624x950px
>>386735023
it always was just a bunch of good titles per year filled with mundane repetitive shit. thing is, long time ago you had thousand of great classics to enjoy, now you probably played most of oldies you're interested in and nothing is left.

try nier automata, that's one of recent good vidya
>>
>>386735023
I've been revitalised since Tekken 7 came out. I was struggling with what to do when I needed a break from it, but an old buddy showed me a PSO:BB private server and I've been playing on that, too.

If you don't feel like playing games, do something with your other hobbies, or take a long walk outside. Try to make the walk as rural as possible, take a trainride if you have to.
>>
File: 1428286733368.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1428286733368.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>do most sidequests available before i ever touch the main story
>eventually get so burnt out on game i have to rush the main story with over half the side quests still undone
>>
>>386735023
God you guys with dark souls. Fuck off, those games are shit. The internet ruined your taste before you even knew it.
>>
>>386737558
This board has the worst fucking taste in games. Japanese games are just as shitty as Western games and all those games you listed are fucking garbage. Just because you have confirmation bias like a mother fucker doesn't mean Japan is great.
>>
>>386738651
is there a word for contrarian^2 like anon here? counter-contrarian?
>>
>>386737558
>tfw my computer can't play any of those
>>
>>386738893
are you sure it can't play persona 5?
>>
Welcome to adulthood.
>>
>>386738941
My cpu is an i5 5200U. I doubt it can emulate it.
>>
>>386735023
Go play klonoa for ps1 or something. Something pure.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.