[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMO socializing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: aa.jpg (39KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
39KB, 492x449px
Can anyone name an MMO(preferably free haha, but it's not a must), where you are kinda forced to socialize? I'm tired to do solo, and whenever I encounter people, they are like "k thanks for teaming up to kill this mob, now bye XD"

also I have to add that I'm pretty lonely so I crave human interaction a lot
>>
Mount and blade persistent world mod

Join a faction like the lannisters ;)
>>
>>386733132
play that vanilla WoW server thats been going around, old wow makes you socialize to do quests n shit
>>
>>386733132
EVE
>>
>>386733132
SWGEMU
>>
>>386733132
I'm interested as well.
FFXI is on sales, does it work decently enough as socializing mmo?
>>
>>386733132
Vanilla WoW.

https://elysium-project.org/

I don't know how's the population now, but I bumped into people often around Spring. There are many quests which requires you to co-operate, but you usually solo up to lvl 5-10.

In vanilla WoW, even dungeons are different. If you fail, you simple regroup and start over, retry, while at retail they just disband after a wipe and go back to dungeon finder. If you do good, they will invite you to the next dungeon etc. It's truly a wonderful experience, however you might find the +10 years old gameplay mechanics dull or grindy.
>>
>>386733257
>>386733783
I played Elysium and it was kind of sad to see that most players actually don't interact even in cases like these. Everyone knows what to do in quests so it's just a matter of inviting people and getting the job done, no interaction needed. Dungeons are kind of similar - The chat is used only when things go wrong.

However, joining a social guild is a fix for this, but finding people to play with in a sub-100 online-at-all-times guild is also a struggle.
>>
>>386733928
>>386733783
yeah i tried elysium but meh, it was very awkward
>>
>>386734450
>>386733928
Weird. Nostalrius was good, so was Feenix 3-4 years ago.

Maybe the main players are part of the new generation? Or maybe you ended up with Chinese people?
>>
>>386734563
I was talking mainly about the 1-60 trek. Most questers are either bots or Chinese players who won't talk, and people who run dungeons don't give a fuck about interaction while they're just trying to grind that alt to 60.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.