[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGS V + PUBG would this be the greatest multiplayer game of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

File: MGSV-MGO-TGA-Screen-7.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-MGO-TGA-Screen-7.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
MGS V + PUBG
would this be the greatest multiplayer game of all time?
>>
>>
This was a good thread.
>>
>>386731804
I think I'd like it more than PUBG and MGO3.
>>
>>386731804
What's wrong with PUBG though?
>>
>>386732020
You spend 99% of the game wandering around with no action.
>>
>>386731804
No MGO2 was the best multiplayer game of all time.
>>
File: 1471220485206.jpg (133KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
1471220485206.jpg
133KB, 444x453px
>>386731804
>>386731923
>Survive gets cancelled and remaining assets get dumped into a Battle Royale MGS game with a pachinko crate system
>>
>>386731804
That's beautiful OP, I hope your bait thread reaches bump limit.
>>
>>386732086
>parachute in the middle of nowhere
>avoid action entirely

WOW I HAVE TO RUN ALL OVER THE PLACE AND SPEND 99% OF MY TIME DOING NOTHING

how about you just land at a popular area, and shoot everyone, and get 16 kills in the first minute? are you a retard?
>>
>>386731923
I unironically want to play this.
>>
>>386732279
Doesnt sound to bad desu.
>>
>>386732371
>land with everyone else
>depend 100% on having excellent luck during the first minute or you are dead
No.
>>
>>386731804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G04khKnjtw8
>>
>>386731804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bOgTnMffK0

This was MGO 2. Meet the best multiplayer game of all time for all time.
>>
>>386731923
I'd play this in a heartbeat.
>>
>>386733094
mgo3 was such a disaster. how did they manage to make it worse?
>>
>>386733094
>hold guys up from 90 feet away

god i forgot how awful this game was.
>>
>>386733169
The engine itself is horrible honestly. Look at the cqc for MGO2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzu65wftWno

Its barebones in 3. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>386731923
I want to be excited for Survive because I love MGSV's gameplay but damn-

Play as literally who MSF soldiers so you don't have to pay the MGSV cast to return.
Zombie games are popular now so of course it's a survival zombie game.
Braindead zombies also mean they don't have to program human AI for co-op gameplay.
Takes place in an alternative dimension so they can reuse MGSV enviroments and also have the game be non-canon if it flops.

Everything about Metal Gear Survive is safe and lazy.
>>
>>386733240
>90 feet away

Youre retarded.

Nothing beats the skill cap, customization and survival mode for MGO2, the mechanics for cqc in mgsv literally don't compare.
>>
>>386733241
>Its barebones in 3. What the fuck were they thinking?
i didn't use 90% of those. they have almost no application besides being neat.
>>
MGO2 fags are the worst. Shit had more lag than playing MGO1 on a 56k modem.
>>
>>386733332
They do have applications, cqc tech is how you win in team sneak. What was your rank in MGO 2?

Using the grab to crouch and then turning helped you dodge, and then you could pat them down for a weapon. Not to mention the first person knife mechanics.

MGO3 is garbage.
>>
>>386733241
Never played MGO3, but cqc was fucked-up in mgo2:
>Grapple hitbox vacuum.
>Punch-kick garbage.
>Slam either useless or broken depending on patch.
>Worthless without investment (in patches where it was good) but garbage compared AR/run.
>>
>>386733371
>What was your rank in MGO 2?
who knows, the game was dead in a few months.
>>
>>386733367
mgo2 had issues with lag because p2p and had their shitty konami id, but it played better than 3.
>>
>>386733424
Lol the game had a competitive community for years until servers went down. I was SSS in the game for my survival rank, all I played was Team Sneak.
>>
>>386733518
>Lol the game had a competitive community for years until servers went down
searching for a game in 2009 took up to 10 minutes. you're literally lying.
>>
>>386732839
so you die, requeue and wait 2 minutes and try again.

you can't complain about there being no action if you actively avoid it, the fun part of the game comes with risks
>>
>>386731804
This beta version of red fortress looks much cooler

The entirety of MGSV seems to have had some really cool shit in alpha/beta that got culled for some reason
>>
>>386733417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRoNRzgjpTw

lol

>>386733549
The game is old as shit. Here's some survival gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsSPkdnhVmI
>>
>>386733549
>searching for a game
>had a server browser

what? tons of people got together for the last few weeks of mgo2 as well. there were a couple of /v/ rooms and the dlc was free. good times.
>>
>>386733293

>Everything about Metal Gear Survive is safe and lazy.

except its not at all
I mean think about it
turning MGS into a game about zombies after like 50 games not about zombies is like turning The Walking Dead into a military war show after 10 seasons of it being about zombies
>>
>>386733591
So no arguments? Ok.
Anywho', cqc was fucked-up balance wise.
>>
>>386733736
The argument is retarded because you didn't know how to utilize CQC and the only thing you did was just throw people down. That much is obvious. All S rank players had to use CQC in order to be effective at the highest level. The video literally disproves what you are saying.
>>
>>386733794
Show the best players, and see how many use CQC unless last resort or they get the drop on someone. Basically none outside of teem snek. I played DM and tourney, and peaked at 4th on dm leaderboards.
>>
>>386733959
I was triple S rank on team sneak and survival. I just showed you the best players, even in a death match scenario CQC is used. Death match isnt even hard, it's not even recycled in survival that much.
>>
>>386731804
yes
>>
>>386733241
How is that even remotely fault of the engine? Are you a literal retard?
>>
>>386734015
Deathmatch is objectively the hardest mode, numbnuts, you're thinking of TDM. It's braindead, but purely mechanical and adversarial, and I say this as a S-rank Survival too. In TS I just popped niggas in the head with tranq pistol.
>>
>>386734130
Team sneak CQC is more viable than ever. To really compete in sneak on the sneaking team you had to use CQC or else your team was dead. That was the hardest mode because without cqc mechanics you literally could not win against people who could aim.

>>386734127
The engine is a piece of shit, the MGS4 engine was better, allowed for deeper gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>386732994
This game looks really nutty and confusing. What was wrong with MGO3 anyways? I was hyped as fuck for it but I never even tried it when it finally released.

Damn shame too, MGS actually had a really unique method for online.
>>
>>386733560
Cunt, stop being so fucking logical and fuck off you fucking fuck.
>>
>>386734498
Look at the gameplay from 2 to 3. The mechanics are outright removed and the movement compared to 2 looks horrible as fuck.

Honestly 3 is so bad I don't understand how they let it come out like that.
>>
File: C-EM3xnXcAAN0AT.jpg (164KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
C-EM3xnXcAAN0AT.jpg
164KB, 1200x901px
I could say that all PUBG needs is changes in the controls and less shitty netcode.
However, it simply doesn't justify the time you invest where simply nothing is happening,
and then someone rushes in and just hits you with fists while you shoot him 5 times, and then try to
remember the unequip weapon key, and even if you beat that dude, some other guy heard the commotion and
just rushes in with the ak he found in the house next door.

A real good amount of what decided all that was luck.And there's your game. Now you have to go back
to the starting screen, load up a game, wait for the game to start in the lobby, load, wait for the plane to go over
a particular position, jump out and WAIT to land, then pray to god you didn't lose the lottery that is the placement of
weapons and armor, oh, and hope that you didn't end up way outside the circle, cause you may as well just fucking quit,
cause you're just running out in the open hoping you don't just get picked off (and you will).

There needs to be some game mode where it's llike counterstrike's deathmatch, so that players can come in,
get into a familiar flow, not have to wait for 50 minutes for something to happen, and they can practice the controls.
I've heard this game's like Arma, but I never played those games, so I'm fucked. That, and a smaller fucking map.
Otherwise, the concepts kind of cool, if not overreaching.

This game is only good if you actually don't care about performing well, and you're with friends and have people
to talk to while you do all that WAITING.
>>
>>386732994
This MGO2 is really bad.Those animations suck. Lol at sneaking

MGO3 is superior in every way
Only nostalgia fags say MGO2 is better
>>
>>386734832
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Noone agrees with you, everyone thinks MGO3 is worse in every way.
>>
>>386734791
Do people on /v/ really consider PUBG as a deep, skill based game?
>>
>>386734916
I'm not saying it should be either though.
The most interesting thing I get to do mostly in a game of pubg is just fucking wait for things.
>>
>>386733728
But the Walking Dead isn't a show about zombies.
>>
>>386734498
Don't listen to the jaded old fuck. MGO3 is far from being perfect - But it's a pretty decent MGO. It has the tight controls of MGS5 so it really feel good.
The problem is, honestly, konami support of it & the community.
At the beginning it was really decent, people were cool and sneaking.
But then people noticed that stealth in a multiplayer game.. was dumb and that they could just use the cameleon gadget that renders you near-invisible and rush to the objective back to base. Also, konami being jews and dripfeeding the game with content. Not enough customization/weapon, not enough maps.
>>
>>386735009
Yeah, it does seem like a dull as fuck game. I think a big issue is just how dangerous moving around is. First person only might mitigate this, but overall any sort of aggression will leave you super open considering how big the map is.
>>
>>386733293
>>386731804
Reminder MGSV literally had zombies in it already, with no actual explanation.
>>
MGO2 is alive again, just follow this guide

https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=482&p=4695#p4695
>>
>>386733959
Umm sweetie, it was literally meta to have someone with the scanning plug and cqc1 in survival rescue missions and tsne.
>>
>>386735682
When? Cause I sure as hell don't remember any outside the skulls
>>
>>386735967
Thats what I meant, the skulls zombify every soldier around them with no explanation
>>
>>386736020
There was one.
nanomachines
>>
>>386736113
Skulls is mgsv, if you said parasites then maybe but no, there wasn't an explanation
>>
>>386734832
MGO2 had WAY better character customization, better and more modes, clans, text chat, more special characters, an actual competitive community via survival and tournaments, better codecs, more and better maps, and at least had love from Konami for longer than a month after release.

MGO3 does have better CORE Gameplay (movement/controls) and admittedly I think the balance of the weapons is way better than MGO2 (everything is actually viable, unlike 2's M4 run and gun only) but that's pretty much all it has going for it.

Just because something looks better doesn't make it better, buddy.
>>
>>386731923
Did mother Base grow 20x ore how does this picture work?
>>
>>386736796
>MGO3 better core gameplay
>Can't snake crawl
>can't flip onto your back manually
>can't play dead
>all the animations are slower
>aiming isn't snappy and fast
>removing box technique
>Forcing roles instead of the very malleable skill system from mgo2
>>
>>386736796
Not to mention the actual graphics for MGS4 are better than 5 on the whole. I mean look at how muddy 5 looks. The engine they used for 4 was black magic.
>>
>>386737301
Problem with 5 is, DoF is like a layer of vaseline, everything is blurry.
>>
>>386737301
This is objectively wrong.
>>
>>386737407
Kojimbo admits that he was over 6 months behind on mgsv, you can tell the engine is unfinished.
>>
>>386737475
This is still an objectively wrong sentences.
MGS 5 has objectively better graphic than MGS4.
>>
>>386737527
Yeah maybe in the first trailers lmao, draw up a comparison so i can laugh at you.
>>
I'd actually play PUBG if it had MGSV's same engine and controls.
>>
>>386737407
It really isn't, some of the levels on mgo2 are straight gorgeous like the snow map. It has some of the best snow effects I have ever seen in game and the in game models are crisp as fuck.
>>
>>386732747
>anything with microstransactions
>doesn't sound to bad desu
it's time to stop
>>
>>386736020
nazi's experiment
>>
>put grey fox and gay weeaboo platinum raiden in your game
>don't give them HF blades

Whats even the point? Was he scared that it would actually be better than the shitfest that was the platshit game?
>>
>>386731923
I'm unironically excited for it because I love MGSV's controls and gameplay to bits

gonna be a major disappointment if they don't get this right
>>
File: MGO - TSNE.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MGO - TSNE.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>People trash talking the best TPS PS3 had
How does it feel that we'll never get anything like TSNE 2.0 ever again?
>>
>>386738524
It doesn't >>386735835
>>
File: 1241415.webm (2MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
1241415.webm
2MB, 710x400px
>>386732086
>>
>>386731804
>would this be the greatest multiplayer game of all time?

Only if they fix the lag.
>>
MGS5 Survive should be a "battlegrounds" style game.

All weapons and items are OSP
Each game is randomly selected parts of the map
Each game is 12-24 player servers, with solo being the main game mode and you can team up in teams of 2 or 3
You have to survive against each other and the zombies
The single player can be whatever it is

It would be a good game. The gameplay to MGS5 is fucking sublime; the "tacticool" nature is amazing and feels very good and all the guns are fun to use and the movement is great. It would make a great battle royal game. Though they massively fucked up MGO3 by making the best tactic "run around as fast as possible in light or medium armor with a medium assault weapon and rape everyone", so they would definitely fuck up Survive.
>>
>>386738552
>you will lose 99% of the data on your PS3.
Fuuck. I'm autist and still have even the original MGO save data on my PS3 with all my screenshots and characters/loadouts.

I'll have to find a binned PS3 somewhere locally and try this later.
>>
>>386736996
you can flip onto your back
the classes are unbalanced as shit though.
A team with enforcers with AKs and scouts with long rifles and Optics 3+ will wipe the floor with a team that has more than 2 infiltrators, irrespective of how good either team are. They only have to keep open sight lines and cover choke points behind them with traps.
>>
MGSV is trash at least, so i don't know.
>>
>>386733169
Western developers
>>
>TKing someone that spoils the experience for the rest of the team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzKPTsMxliM

Shit I remember when you could do that in games.
>>
>>386738561
Oh great it's this faggot again
>>
>>386738971
If only the pc version had an actual playerbase where I could experience this for myself
>>
MGO2 is the only game that i've seen where you can point somewhere and say the enemy is there and it displays an icon showing you where the person who said it aimed at. Why don't games do this?
>>
>>386739729
They don't need to, there's a built in wall-hack for every modern shooter now.
>>
The more I play PUBG the less fun I think it is

I keep trying to think of new strategies to make it enjoyable but every single one of them ends with something that feels cheap and random. Every time I kill someone it is because of sheer chance. Like I just happened to be near a firefight, and the guy took cover near where I was looking. It wasn't skill, it was lucky. 30 seconds later some guy just happened to be behind me, so I got shot and died.

How is that fun? It's 20 minutes of looting followed by blind chance
>>
>>386739896
Fuck battlefield
>>
>>386733094
>all that micro crouching and weapon swapping
>the headshot sound
>the outfit options
I fucking miss this game so much man
I cried when the servers went down
>>
>>386739350
???
>>
>>386731804
MGS V + PUBG....+LE DARK SOULS XDD

cringe
>>
>>386740320
>Spot checks of suspicious corners and boxes
>Evasive maneuvers all day ever day
>Clenching sphincter when you see a red dot on you and immediately sperging out towards cover
>Back-dash/box crouch every corner and turn to avoid and feign CQC
>Smokes/flashes/stuns actually did something and nades weren't always the best option every time
>Setup skills just to fuck with that one asshole
>Poking at 17 before the BRs get you down
>Play as the fucking cast
>Be a raven trooper, w/P90 and all

I miss it and all its flaws.
>>
>>386740938
If in the chance arisa is here or reads the archive in the future, I still appreciate the meme expansion you bought me so we could all play together.
>>
>>386739634
I play on the PC every so often under the name Arthur, I'm sure a few people here might recognise me.
>>
>>386740050
It's not fun at all. Everyone already hates it but are commited to it because of cognitive bias. I liked the game but it got stale because of the reasons you stated. The actual shooting mechanics are barebones, I'd rather play rainbow six or quake.
>>
File: why.jpg (25KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
25KB, 400x287px
>>386740938
>all the unofficial game modes the players came up with
>everyone actually followed the rules of said game modes
>seemingly everyone had a keyboard hooked up to their ps3 for the bantz
>the random tournaments that got everyone to stop memeing for the hats
It really was something special

>ywn play zombies at the mall again
>ywn play SWAT in midtown again
>ywn play prison at groznyj grad again
>>
>>386733549
>automatching
lmao kid, everyone was in the server browser unless a tourney was going on.

and before you say custom games dont count. Automatch players were significantly worse in skill compared to server browser players of the same rank.
>>
I liked MGO3 because of Fulton punching but it got old running around and missing a fulton punch by a millimeter and getting raped by a cunt with a machine gun over and over again
>>
>>386741457
you fucking wish you lonely loser
>>
File: 845457755.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
845457755.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>386731804
Wish the fuckin cucks sell the FOX engine, shit is the best engine ever created if PUBG ran on it there would be no stopping it
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.