[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im really hyped for Sonic Mania, but why the fuck hasnt sega

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x675px
Im really hyped for Sonic Mania, but why the fuck hasnt sega made a 3D remaster for any of the original 2D games, a la Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy?

The game would look kinda like Sonic Generations. Similar art style, but it would have the physics and gameplay of the original Sonic games. And I know you might say "Well thats why Sonic Generations exists".

But the classic Sonic portions of Sonic Generations feel nothing like the 2D side scrolling Sonic. Dont get me wrong, Sonic Generations is not a bad game. But its not 2D Sonic in 3D, its the opposite, its 3D Sonic in 2D, for better of for worse.

And for that reason, it suffers from the issues that the New Super Mario Bros. games do. Those are also some alright games. But they too do not play like the original side scrolling Mario games. They are in the same vain as them, but just floatier, slower, and clunkier versions.

The new Crash Bandicoot trilogy (while perhaps not the best comparison as the original series was 3D platforming), at least proves that you can have old generation gameplay, with all of its joys and faults, just with updated graphics.

What do you guys think?
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>386731231
They'll just fuck up the physics, it's not worth the trouble
>>
>>386731287

Thats what I feel too. I just dont understand why they havent tried to properly recreate the physics 1:1 in a remastered 3D (or 2.5D) vain.

Seems like fans would fucking pounce on that opportunity to give them money. And it would make for a great game.
>>
>implying they're capable of having a 2.5D Sonic with decent physics
Look at Sonic 4
Look at Generations
Look at fucking Forces
>>
In hindsight, had they done that the franchise would have probably fared better overall. If Sonic Mania really shows there's a viable market for the 2D experience, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to adapt the original games to the Generations style 2D/3D, hopefully with better physics.
>>
>>386731435

Yea I agree completely. But its not like the code for the original physics doesnt exist, it does. They have the formulas, they should be able to easily recreate it. I dont know why they havent tried this yet.
>>
I would honestly just prefer if they kept the game 2D but got Tyson Hesse to hand draw and animate the sprites and shit. That Mania trailer and his work in the comics just outright proves he understands how to do Sonic right even better than the fuckers that created him.
>>
>>386731778
retard
>>
>>386731231
>there will never be terraria with this graphix
>>
Crash Bandicoot is way, way easier to recreate accurately than Sonic.

ST probably COULD pull it off, but they neither have the time or the ass to do so.
>>
How are the classic stages in sonic generations different than the originals? Besides being shorter, easier, and having simplified layout
>>
>>386731906
not that guy but how is he a retard?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.