[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the PvP in this game so awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 2555200-dsclean.jpg (156KB, 502x640px) Image search: [Google]
2555200-dsclean.jpg
156KB, 502x640px
Why is the PvP in this game so awful?
>>
Define awful
>>
>>386728321
Because the netcode is worthless shit.
>>
>>386728321
Because its a awful game
>>
>>386728436
People doing nothing but backstabbing even when they shouldn't be able to.
>>
Because it's actually a PvE game. The PvP mechanics were just a gimmick thrown on top of that.
>>
matchmaking will match you with literally anyone regardless of region etc so 9/10 it's just laggy garbage
it's also never designed to be fair or balanced it's just an interesting gimmick, anyone that takes PVP in these games seriously is a fucking idiot
>>
Fucking bump
>>
>>386728321
Because it's a bad game
>>
because the intent of souls PvP is to fuck up other people's games, not le epic duels. Unfortunately fromsoft forgot this as well and we got the pieces of shit PvP in das2/das3
>>
git gud
>>
Laggy min maxing fest only played by people who can't do well in fighting games
>>
>play a bad game
>get a bad experience
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>bad pvp
>ds2
fucking troglodyte
>>
>>386728321
best in the series desu
>>
>>386728321
Play DS2 if you want a good PVP souls experience.

DS3 is decent at it too.

DS1 is god awful for PVP.
>>
Literally just because of backstabs. Take them out and the game becomes more enjoyable.
>>
>>386731507
>DS3 is decent at it too.
>invade
>guy has 3 phantom already because it prioritizes gank squads
>a fourth sentinel/darkmoon arives
>you get seeded

fuck das3
>>
>>386731613
Git gud. I would have wiped them all myself.
>>
>>386731634
sure you would kid, you're probably a fight club retard sticking to ithryl post sulyvan area
>>
>>386728321
I dont even bother with the pvp in DS3... 1v1 can be boring cause im not practiced enough to be decent and literally ANY time I invade someone they had 2 or more phantoms with them.
>>
>>386731669
I've got two words for you. "Git" and "gud". If you can't take care of a bunch of ganking shitters, perhaps you should consider slitting your throat.
>>
>>386731746
you aren't even denying it, lol
>>
>>386731613
>not taking down as many as you can before you bite the dust

pussy fagget
>>
>>386731765
Neck thyself.
>>
The PvP in all of the souls games is nothing more than becoming a glorified obstacle for the other player to defeat. In all honesty, it would be better expressed if you could directly hi-jack enemy AI — controlling generic enemies like rats and hollows instead of showing up in person.
>>
>>386728647

This.

Duel/ honor faggots are cancer.
The invasion system is designed to enable you to effectively play as a boss/ really hard enemy.

There is no enemy in the game that is harder to handle than an invader who knows what he's doing.
For the time being, the most intelligent and unpredictable possible enemy is one controlled by a human.
This is the purpose of the invasion system.

And also for moments like pic related.
>>
>>386731967
Can't imagine From being able to program something like that.
>>
>>386732049
Can't imagine you ever getting laid.
>>
>>386732092
I'd actually rather you didn't, you fucking homo.
>>
>>386728321
>DS2
>FUCK OFF
>>
File: lollll.gif (1MB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
lollll.gif
1MB, 250x231px
>>386728621
>he doesn't have a weapon that has a near full 360 swing attack in its moveset to counter backstabbers
>>
>>386732134
are you looking to get knocked out
>>
>>386732337
Are you looking to get knocked up?
>>
>>386732384
YES
>>
>>386728647
>it's also never designed to be fair or balanced it's just an interesting gimmick, anyone that takes PVP in these games seriously is a fucking idiot
best post in the thread
>>
>>386728321
You want to know?
First off, we'll disregard lag as a strike against the game.
Second, we'll also evaluate PvP within the series. These games don't have great PvP overall in my opinion, but they're fun.

If you played Demon's Souls PvP when it was current, you would know why Dark Souls 1 has possibly the worst PvP, and possibly worst combat overall.

First off, Dark Souls 1 has unbelievably bad movesets.
In DeS, Estoc had a grest use for every move. Even the super slow moves had massive hitstun for incredibly strong combos, leading to unique legit 4-hits (with a katana in the off-hand, you could do running-R1, R2, L1, R1/f+R1 for example), and even though run-R1 was super fucking slow and dangerous, you could steer it a bit, and it gave huge reward. It's a shame, because DeS Estoc should have been the prototype for every weapon in how it's moveset worked, but inexplicably, it's never been duplicated.
Now compare it to DkS1's Estoc:
>No combos.
>Moves are shit with no hit-stun, can't even frametrap.
>Poise eats it anyways.
This trend of shitty weapons repeats itself. DBS for example had a lot of weird and neat moves that made it viable and could be used in both stances (it was tied with Estoc in S-Tier), but in Dark Souls it really only has one good move (2-handed R1 infinite) and one okay move (2-handed rolling R1). Kind of shitty that a oddball 50/50 hyper armor weapon got boiled down to a shitty infinite mash.
Repeat these weapon downgrades for katanas, gaxe, poleaxe, falchions, etc, and you immediately know why Dark Souls 1 feels weird compared to DeS in terms of weapons.

cont.
>>
>>386732740
Next is combo disparity. Again, in Demon's Souls everything was fairly strong aside from knuckle weapons and daggers. Daggers in DeS remind me of a Dark Souls weapon ironically; they don't do anything and are only good for the occasional frametrap spam, but mostly used to BS people.
Anyways, many weapons in DeS have infinites (Small Axes, Short Swords, Hammers, Katanas, Knuckle). If they don't have infinites they have specific target combos (Kilij, Gaxe, Estoc). If they don't have either, they probably have some unique traits (DBS has hyper). Either way, most weapons have some sort of combo proclivity, and although you could toggle out of combos, once you got good reset situations arose.
In Dark Souls, really only Zwei and Clay-types can combo at all. Not surprisingly, these two weapons are top-tier. The other two top-tier weapons are Falchion and Katana, but only because they have mega high dps and just frametrap if you smash R1.
For the rest of the weapons? They're just like Dark Souls Estoc (overall, shitty moves, not really good to try and swipe with, devoured by poise).

Last part is poise, this is a given. It removes the emphasis on spacing, timing, punishing, move selection, and instead rewards poor play.
Someone can make a fatal play, like running in for some BS attempt, and if they're lined-up and smacked, the player with poise can potentially run through the properly-timed and positioned attack to punish the player who played well by backstabbing them.
On top of that, poise simply makes bad weapons even worse and good weapons absurdly powerful in comparison.
And poise leads to a more degenerate fish-type game, since it's often a detriment to attack.

There's more than this, but this was just comparing DkS1 to DeS, and although DeS has it's own problems, the lack of poise and actually good movesets make it better in my opinion for PvP.
>>
>>386728647
Removing region locking was the best addition to this game on all platforms.
You lose literally nothing you can't regain back in 15 seconds. Just play along god damnit.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.