[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turn based tactics fag here, I've always despised the dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: some m&m shit.jpg (49KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
some m&m shit.jpg
49KB, 460x287px
Turn based tactics fag here, I've always despised the dungeon crawler blobber genre (and I still do), but for some reason I have this inescapable itch of playing a dungeon crawler. What is arguably the best game in the genre? I'm assuming it's one of the M&M games, right?

No, I won't play Grimoire until Cleve fixes all the fucking bugs.
>>
Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2 got a lot of positive press a few years back.
>>
>>386728087
>blobber
Get out.
>>
>>386728535
But are they better than M&M or other older games in the genre? I'm not looking for bottom of the barrel trash, I'm looking for one game in the genre that is considered to be arguably the best.
>>
>>386728748
Grimoire's new patch is solid as shit. I would play wizardry 8, it has the best graphics and still maintains the DnD mechanics. Easier on the eyes for you.;
>>
>>386728912
>I would play wizardry 8
Yeah, OK. I did some research and it seems that a lot of people are praising W8 and M&M6, so I'll probably play one of these two.
>>
Wiz8 is deffo my favorite turn-based dungeon crawler. It's also pretty hard.
Eye of the Beholder 2 is also pretty fucking good, but it's real time. Legend of Grimrock series is pretty much a spiritual successor to the Beholder series. They're almost identical in the gameplay sense, although without the D&D stuff.
>>
>>386729090
That's the problem the combat and stuff is there, but grimrock has no depth, and the food mechanic is awful as shit.
>>
Which ones are easier to grasp?
I don't mind a challenge or rather dated visuals as long as I'm able to understand what I'm doing.
Only retro cRPG I was able to enjoy was Land of Lore.
>>
>>386729424
Wizardry 8 is pretty easy to understand just play that and figure out the stats and stuff on the DnD wiki.
>>
>>386729424

Well since you liked Lands of Lore, try out the beholder series. It's made by the same company, Westwood studios.
>>
>>386728087
Ultima Underworld 1 and 2
also try arx fatalis, it's inspired by Ultima Underworld but it's more action rpg oriented with dungeon crawl elements
>>
What is the point of getting your characters drunk in MM?
>>
>>386729424
Grimoire
>>
>>386732069
This grimoire is unironically great.
>>
>>386732231
i think your trying to ironic me right now
>>
>>386732327
Nah man Ive been playing it since it came out. It's fantastic. Pirate if you need to but I'm addicted.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 229x220px
>>386728087
>blobber

Here we go again.
>>
>>386728087
>I won't play Grimoire until Cleve fixes all the fucking bugs.
>being this picky about yoctoissues
Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>386732807
They keep saying bugs but there literally wasnt any except save game incompatibility. All everyone did was roll back. This latest patch is smooth as silk.

He's released 13 patches so far, holy shit.
>>
>>386732593
>Here we go again.
Here we go where? That's a tern that has been used for ages and even normies have started using it relatively recently. Blobbers are a shit genre, get over it and go find something better to play.
https://www.giantbomb.com/blobber/3015-8752/
>>
>>386732867
I have no idea why people are bragging about the amount of patches
>Our game is so unpolished that there's a span of 13 patches in the span of 1 month
>Despite being in development for 20 years
>>
>>386732987
>normies
>>
>>386733036
But the patches were literally for balance though. The save thing is fixed, noones saves were gone, it's great.
>>
Might and Magic 6
No other game comes close in terms of world size and content
>>
File: 13a947cf4d.png (789KB, 876x613px) Image search: [Google]
13a947cf4d.png
789KB, 876x613px
PLAYERUNKNOWN confirmed /ourguy/
nu-/v/ redditors and neogaf cucks eternally BTFO

context:
>be biggest white guilt manlet cuck in the universe
>abuse a glitch in the game (drive people over through houses and walls)
>pretend like you don't know while doing it on purpose because you suck so much at video games and need those kills
>laugh your ass of like the slimey backstabbing cunt you are
>get handed a ban
>cry on stream like a little bitch and get visibly sad
>>
>>386733227
Which Might & Magic would be a good place to start. Looking in terms of the games being less archaic and frustrating to play.
>>
>>386733297
Always go with release order.
Just remember to use the search command after every battle in MM1.
>>
>>386733297

M&M 6/7 is best places so start
6 is huge. Good story. Lots of great dungeons, and I mean LOTS and I mean GREAT. Pretty easy once you understand how shit works. Finding out how shit works is fun in itself.
7 is 6 mini, but has easier on the eye graphics
avoid 8
>>
>>386733297

MM6 with the greyface patch.
>>
When will Cleve add crafting?
>>
Fags calling this genre blobber is hilarious, fucking millenials I swear
>>
>>386733294
>cry on stream like a little bitch and get visibly sad

That screenshot is of him looking at his other monitor, he laughs the second he sees that he actually got banned, also he's playing right now so it was a shitty temp ban.

Not that I care either way, I fucking hate watching him play pubg, the game is fucking garbage.
>>
>>386728087
t. sape
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.