[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games like dark souls have ruined my taste for games. I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: images(5).jpg (17KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
17KB, 198x255px
Games like dark souls have ruined my taste for games. I feel like a fedora wearing neckbeard because i dont draw the same enjoyment if the game isnt simimliar to dark souls or nes/snes era castlevanias. Any recommendations to help change my mind? All major systems and eras are an option for me
>>
>>386724438
There's a fuckton of games better than Dark Souls, how do you have trouble finding any of them?
>>
try some autism simulators
>>
I recommend you stop being a faggot and stop comparing everything to dark souls. It stands alone as a title and arguably a series, it's fun and interesting and challenging but why would you let it ruin your taste? You don't have a delicious dessert and then suddenly do nothing but eat desserts for the rest of your life. You can savor it and relish it and look on it fondly while still enjoying other meals.
>>
>>386724438
This feeling isn't necessarily craving for more Souls-like gameplay. You just want to have some good time with a fun game.
For example, try Okami if you haven't played it yet.
>>
>>386724676
Thank you for getting the message, i have actually played that and i enjoyed it very much. Zelda and zelda like titles (really jusy medieval action adventure games that challenge the mind) entise me to this day.
>>
>>386724438

I honestly feel the same way, I just keep going back and playing them all over again from the start.

Playing hellblade and all I could think was why isn't the combat more like dark souls.
>>
>>386724525
>or nes/snes era castlevanias
Man, don't even compare.
Dark Souls gets too repetitive and the best way of moving foward is by grinding your levels and weapons (no matter what people in this thread may say otherwise).

But Castlevania is just pure skill because you have no other option than to learn the level. No level ups gonna help you there. And even if you try to cheese the game with Holy Water for the final boss, you have to be good enough to reach the end of the level with it since it's usually at the end of the level.
>>
>>386725425
Oh shit is that out? That game looked awesome in the teasers
>>
>>386724676
Not OP but I thought Okami was really overrated. The artstyle was an eyesore and it just felt like a watered-down n64 Zelda game.
>>
>>386725326
Speaking of Castlevania, you can try Lords of Shadow. People like to hate it, but the only other CV I played was Simon's Quest, so it was an improvement all around.
Anyway, it's a nice action game with satisfying combat, great art and music and a decent story, if you don't try to fit it into the previous canon.
It should be dirt cheap right now.
>>
>>386725482
Mostly valid, grinding can make you op pretty quickly, but for the brave, challenge runs can make the game fresh and almost like the games of old. One of my favorites is to use only starting gear the whole game. Stats dont matter, but you can only use that long sword and wood shield the whole game.
>>
File: rip and tear.png (319KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rip and tear.png
319KB, 700x394px
>>386724438
try Hollow Knight, and Salt and Sanctuary
>>
>>386725593
That game doesnt deserve all the hate it gets. Not the first one anyway, i dont see any formula better for the castlevania series than the gow/dmc style. Honestly calling it a clone was like saying c1 was a rip off of mario. Similiar, but it has its reasons. The atmosphere told me castlevania the whole time.
>>
>>386724438
Try some immersive sim games (or whatever warren spector calls them) like Deus Ex and System Shock 2.
>>
>>386725482
>grinding your levels
>still doesn't know about the glitch where you use the same soul over and over
>>
>>386725482
>grinding in dark souls

wot
>>
>>386725482
>grinding in Souls
Dude what? You just level up and upgrade weapons with materials you just find lying around in the levels.
Maybe if you die every few minutes and lose all your souls all the time.
>>
>>386725482
People can finish the games on level 1. There is literally no need to grind ever in Souls games.
>>
>>386725864
>trash ARPGs with neither good action nor good roleplaying
yea ok enjoy your nostalgia
>>
File: DSlike_grid.png (918KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSlike_grid.png
918KB, 900x900px
>>386724438
>>
only game that has held my attention lately is yakuza 0. nothing like castlevania or dark souls, but still a long, interesting story adventure with lots of interesting/funny side missions
>>
File: emerald herald.jpg (21KB, 150x300px) Image search: [Google]
emerald herald.jpg
21KB, 150x300px
bearer-seek-seek -lest this
>>
>>386727491
>bearer
>not bear
>>
>>386725482
>grinding in Dark Souls
I bet you also took 30 hours to get to Anor Londo, kek
>>
>>386727541
it took me 50 hours cause i went to new londo first and kept saving up to buy more curses so i can go back
>>
>>386725789
Salt and Sanctuary's art is pure cancer.
>>
>>386724438
Thief
Thief Gold
Thief II
Ultima Underworld
Ultima Underworld II
Magic Sword (arcade/SNES)
Holy Diver (NES)
Black Tiger (arcade) [aka Black Dragon]
Ghosts n Goblins (arcade)
Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Gargoyle's Quest (Gameboy)
Gargoyle's Quest II (NES)
Demon's Crest (SNES)
Demon Sword (NES)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.