[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post bad ports/remakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: final fantasy 6 mobile.jpg (63KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy 6 mobile.jpg
63KB, 568x320px
Post bad ports/remakes
>>
Final Fantasy X HD
>>
Cave Story 3D
>>
>>386721086
What in the seven hells is this? The character sprites are completely butchered while the rest looks somewhat intact albeit ruined by an overly strong blur filter.
>>
File: 250px-Ttsbox.jpg (25KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ttsbox.jpg
25KB, 250x350px
Let's just rip this band-aid off right now.
>>
File: final fantasy 5 mobile.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy 5 mobile.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>386721518
Final Fantasy VI on iOS and PC
FFV got the same treatment, look at that quality tiling
>>
File: frip.gif (2MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
frip.gif
2MB, 768x432px
>>386721767
oh hell no
>>
File: Super_Donkey_Kong_(J) gba.jpg (43KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Donkey_Kong_(J) gba.jpg
43KB, 500x318px
GBA DKCs sucked.
>>
>>386721086
>The earth is crying out..
The earth ain't the only one crying out
>>
Final Fantasy 6 for the PSX, no joke it takes 10 seconds to go in and out of the pause menu, it literally adds hours to the game.
>>
>Kingdom Hearts 2 on PS3
>Jak and Daxter 1-3 and Sly 1-3 on PS3
>Dark Souls PC
>FFXIII and XIII-2 on PC
>Silent Hill HD collection

There have been more bad ports than decent ones, but I think companies are getting better at it. SEGA's PC ports are supposedly excellent, and Square finally got one right with XIII-3 on PC.
>>
>>386721556
Better than the original in almost all accounts.
>>
File: avgn he is.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
avgn he is.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>386721767
Someone okayed this.
>>
>>386722954
Chrono Trigger had the same problem. It's just about unplayable on PS1.
>>
>>386721556
Albeit I was young as fuck when I played this but I don't remember it being bad and I had played it on both systems... What's the deal
>>
>>386723714
Yep but I still played it through like 3 times putting up with that shit. That's how much I love that game
>>
File: mi-27.jpg (76KB, 513x319px) Image search: [Google]
mi-27.jpg
76KB, 513x319px
How do you go from this...
>>
>>386723812
...to this?
>>
>>386723882
Tumblr has infested artists to go for zany flanderized caricatures of characters over photorealism.
>>
>>386723783
After playing the SNES version and the DS version, I picked up the PSX version for my gf (her favorite system and all) but man I was taken aback by those load times. Totally broke the brisk pace of the game.
>>
>>386723882
Wtf lmao
>>
where can i get the original version of FF6? i guess i can emulate it? is that going to be the best way to play it?
>>
>>386723720
From what I understand it's competently made but it completely changes the tone of the game with its cutscenes. It also makes the game much, much easier because of a combination of MGS1's level design and MGS2's free aim.
>>386722612
DKC3's GBA version had a few nice music tracks at least, even if it ruined Ripsaw Rage forever
>>
>>386724159
unless you want to pay a bunch of money for a cartridge whose internal battery is either dead or on the verge of death
>>
>>386721556
....and say how much better this is then the original
>>
Jet Set Radio HD

>locked at 30fps (though that's understandable because it would probably be a huge code re-write to make it work at 60)
>game not loading saves because the folder name is uppercase and not lowercase or vice versa
>speedrunning community disowned the port because it would frequently crash at the end of some levels
>>
>>386724159
Playing the original SNES version on an emulator or otherwise is fine. An alternative is the GBA version, which adds some additional content like a hard bonus dungeon. There's some patches to make the music and color look more like the SNES version, but I haven't tried them.
>>
>>386723170
>>Dark Souls PC
It was better than the console port in every way. Even being locked at 720p it was higher than the PS3's resolution and you actually got solid 30 frames.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.