[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*saves your genre*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 2017fps.png (932KB, 917x731px) Image search: [Google]
2017fps.png
932KB, 917x731px
*saves your genre*
>>
What's the bottom game?

>Dusk
It's gonna go the route of Routine, isn't it?
>>
>>386719842
It's the bombshell prequel game though it might not be connected to that game at all now, title is Ion maiden
>It's gonna go the route of Routine, isn't it?
you mean vapourware? they just released a new trailer the other day and it still says coming 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsu9uDMlIMM
>>
Ion Maiden is guaranteed to be something special like Sonic Mania. Dusk MIGHT be good too. I'm most excited for Ion Maiden.
>>
File: disgstd.gif (1MB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
disgstd.gif
1MB, 343x255px
>>386720000
>these graphics
Is this what 2017 really has to offer?
>>
>>386720179
(You)
>>
>>386719842

>It's gonna go the route of Routine, isn't it?

Episode 1 is literally being released in a week from now. So no.
>>
>>386720000
Nice, I hadn't heard anything from them in forever, so I thought it was dead.
>>
Is Overload a successor to Descent or a remake?
>>
>>386720497

Spiritual sequel/Successor.
>>
>>386720026
>Ion Maiden
the name is really cool, but it's going to do the game disservice because it's a bitch to google
>>
>>386720497
successor made by the original creators of descent + some ex-volition people and it's basically a perfect modern version of the old games.
also stay the fuck away from the """official""" descent: underground game it's a fucking dumpster fire made by ex-star citizen hacks
>>
Now give me a Dream successor
>>
>>386720735
Dreamweb*

Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>386719785
I just hope they understand what made 90s FPS great, unlike a lot of modern devs
>>
>>386720721
freespace spiritual successor when?
>>
>>386720865
Stop phone posting
>>
>>386720865
Finally a person who heard about dreamweb on /v/
>dat ost
>>
>>386720026
So did they actually get the rights to make a BUILD game or is this just some free mod that's coming out soon?
>>
File: overlod.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
overlod.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>386720889
well overload is legit and Ion Maiden is literally being made in the BUILD engine only, Will have to wait and see about Dusk but it looks alright
>>386720935
they actually have the freespace writer doing the story for overload so it could be a possibility they continue after it's out.
>>
>>386720721
>descent: underground
when they started raving about multiplayer and VR and other nonsense thats when i jumped ship

descent is my all time favorite series and i would have given up on gaming if overload didnt show up
>>
I miss that engine so much and have many fond memories of making maps for DN3D and SW to share them with others on LAN parties.
>>
>>386721294
wew lad you should read what they've been up to lately
I actually bought it in some indie bundle that included 7 other games for 2 bucks back in 2015 and still feel ripped off.
>>
>>386721068
They got the rights; you only really need to work something out with Silverman and they're the Eduke32 devs as well so it's not like they need permission from themselves.

it's kinda like how you could sell a game on the original Doom engine now, I'm sure you would still need to deal with royalties or some bollocks like that but it is feasible (somebody who knows more please clarify if you want)
>>
>>386720889
so far IM screenshots look good, no idea how the final game will turn out but the levels and shit aren't just featureless fucking tech rooms and hallways so it's looking good so far.
>>
>>386721579
who knows what the deal is with BUILD licensing maybe it's exclusive to 3drealms?
I dunno about Doom these days but way back there was HacX total conversion Doom WAD that the creators payed id a couple of grand to be able to sell pyhsical copies
>>
Where can I get Overload?
>>
>>386722336
steam, you can still play the demo it's a couple of months old but you get the idea
http://store.steampowered.com/app/450220/Overload_Playable_Teaser_20/
>>
>>386722550
Neat, thanks
>>
>>386719785
Shit, haven't regretted backing Overload on Kickstarter, updates are regular and decent, it plays and looks how you remember Descent playing, but better and more polished.
Hope they implement a backward compatible level modulator, so you can play through D1&2 in full newshit
>>
>>386719785
Any particular reason you aren't including the Half-Life remake? It's officially coming out this year. Developer says that December is their "do or die" deadline.
>>
>>386720497
The new Descent game in development is actually better.
>>
>>386724859
way back when the kickstarter was running they imported the map data and showed it off (the AI didnt work) they can't officially copy the levels though as interplay owns certain aspects of the game, it is coming with a level editor down the line and the levels are built in the exact same way as the original games so it's not too hard to just re-create them.
>>386724971
nigga black mesa has been around forever
>>386725061
No it isn't
>>
>>386725142
Black Mesa is not the same game anymore. They've shown all the work they've done. They've basically remade the game again from the ground up.
>>
File: 2U8A716.jpg (94KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
2U8A716.jpg
94KB, 640x720px
>>386720179
Grapics requires a AAA studio. AAA studios do shit gameplay. There a re a couple random AA studios about who do both but they're rare.
>>
>>386725335
yeah but didnt they already release most of that ages ago, just no Xen levels?
>>
>>386725981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjVx1iPOBg
Slav game from 97.
>>
>>386726079
No I mean the Black Mesa mod is not the same mod that was released years ago. They've redone the mod completely.
>>
>>386720331
They've completely finished the first episode and episode 2 is currently going through QA.
>>
>>386726198
Have they fixed the lanky ass arms on the human models?
>>
>>386721294
If you don't know about it already, Sublevel Zero might be worth checking out.
>>
File: asb.png (53KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
asb.png
53KB, 315x315px
>game is marketed as oldschool fps in vein of Douk and Quake
>it's just a painkiller/serious sam type of enter-room-shoot-wave-of-enemies-and-repeat type of shooter

I hope it's not like this. I want a true classic first person shooter with neat level designs, secret rooms, cleverly placed enemies and items etc. Not just randomly generated (aka randomly connected) empty rooms with waves of brainless enemies. Duke Nukem 3D is one of my favorite games because of the level design and the monster placement, it wasn't just empty boxes with walking targets, the game was designed from ground to up, and not put in the hands of some procedural generating algorithm.

I was really looking forward to Strafe, the trailer was awesome and the graphics looked like Quake. But then it was released and it was just a first person "roguelite".
>>
>>386727856
You mean dusk? it has levels that are actual levels
>Strafe was just a first person "roguelite"
well that's how it sold itself so what did you expect...
>>
>>386727856
Maybe spend a minute or two researching the games you're talking about instead of complaining. Same with Strafe, the developers directly stated what the game would be like and gameplay videos were out so you only have yourself to blame for being disappointed. These games aren't like that which you'd know if you spent even a minute looking at gameplay videos or descriptions.
>>
>>386728109
Strafe wouldnt shut the fuck up about being "1998" despite being nothing like a game from 1998
>>
>>386727856
Strafe looked nothing like Quake you fucking clown
>>
>>386728897
congrats you fell for some stupid marketing shit
I can think of far worse examples than strafe though
>>
>>386725061
Descent: Underground?
Doesn't play like Descent, Overload does.
Overload has people originally involved with Descent, Descent: Underground has the IP rights (or at least the majority).
>>
>>386727856
>Strafe
>graphics looked like Quake
????????????
>>
>>386729618
Descent: underground has struck some dodgy deal with interplay to use the name but that's about it, They can't even put the iconic Pyro GX in the game.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.