[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SFV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: pixiv54486746_17.jpg (728KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv54486746_17.jpg
728KB, 1200x848px
I dont get it. I'm trying to learn this game but it just feels wrong. I'm doing basic training mode combos with j.HP>c.MP>MK>fireball
yet the game has trouble reading my inputs. I put on turbo mode to test my theory and suddenly I'm hitting all my combos zero issue. Is the problem with me? I just looked up videos of pro players and Infiltration double taps his buttons as well. Should I just learn that way, im playing on pad and that seems like a bunch of shit. I have never had this problem before with any other game
>>
File: 1437968911862.jpg (177KB, 630x727px) Image search: [Google]
1437968911862.jpg
177KB, 630x727px
What do you mean when you say you put it on turbo mode? So the controller is mashing all the buttons for you?

Which is the part that you're slipping up on?
>>
>>386717348
Yeah, i have a hori fc that im trying out cause its the only wired controller i have. Turbo is just it rapidly inputs the desired button when held but even a slight tap does the input 2-3 times, at least on a light attack. Just having it input the attack one more time fixes all combo drops i have.

I'm trying to adjust my timings but i just cant figure out the issue, the timing feels almost random at times. sometimes the c MP confirms and othertimes its shutout when i have the same timing. Its becoming really frustrating. I'm not amazing by any means but im consistent on my buttons at the very least in anything else but thi game
>>
>>386717624
Probably the best advice anyone is going to give you is to break down the combo into pieces. So keep doing that j.HP>c.MP until you can get it consistently before trying to add in the rest of the combo. USUALLY if the move doesn't come out you hit the button too early and if it doesn't combo you hit it too late. So that tells you when you should push the button, until you can get a better feel for and really nail it down.
>>
>>386717934
Yeah, ive been doing that and figured i need to just do it more. its just frustrating cause this is the only time i've had this issue and when i had a problem i could use an ingame tool to correct my problem. Really wish every game would adopt Xrd's training mode.
>>
File: 1502111124029.jpg (73KB, 555x925px) Image search: [Google]
1502111124029.jpg
73KB, 555x925px
you should play guilty gear instead
>>
Turbo is illegal in tournaments.

If you're doing a combo and the button is blocked it means you pressed it too late, if you pressed it and nothing comes out you pressed it too early.
>>
Whats the best time to do wake up attacks?
just do no input recovery and then do it while rising?
or do a recovery and just start spamming?
>>
Also just wanna mention, it's SFV so if you feel like mashing it out, go ahead, but I think it'll hurt you int he long run if you don't get over that.
>>
File: IMG_0510.jpg (33KB, 292x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.jpg
33KB, 292x339px
Gold Alex/Urien/Ed player here. Any tips for the Ken MU?
>>
>>386718676

Don't wake-up DP.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
I double-tap all my inputs unless I encounter a combo that gets fucked up because of it. That I way I'm more consistent and I only need to remember the situations where I do NOT want to double-tap.
>>
>>386718913
You play on stick?
>>
>>386719110
Yes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.