[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best graphics this gen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: Uncharted 4 - Hellblade.jpg (250KB, 1202x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted 4 - Hellblade.jpg
250KB, 1202x1390px
After finishing Hellblade, i have to say, (and this is just my opinion.) But it's the most visually stunning game i've seen this current gen. (honorable mentions: Quantum Break, Uncharted 4, Ryse Son of Rome, Order 1886.)

And those guys at Ninja Theory have to my surprise , surpassed their e3 target rendering. (unlike many other studios unfortunately).

Remember that stunning life-like E3 Uncharted 4 teaser of drake's character ? Well That's what you get with Hellblade.

Just wow !
It's linear and short , (though very immersive) but just look at that... !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfiS_PV3V-4
>>
>>386715418
how'd they do it with only 13 employees?
>>
>>386715495
they made the game short and boring
>>
>>386715495
The game is very short and most things aren't interactive. They focused their attention on what they were producing and not things you wouldn't see or interact with. They used literal filmed footage in parts of the game(for npcs) and cheap/quick motion capture which is far better than it used to be. They did it on a very small budget and they were aiming for a shorter VERY polished experience.

They did.. good actually.
>>
>>386715418
looks spooky.
>>
>>386715418
Yep I can agree, the game looks very pretty.
>>
>>386715495
13 employees?

That's insane. Did they also do DMC with 13 employees?
>>
File: hellblade-senuas-sacrifice.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hellblade-senuas-sacrifice.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>386715495
>how'd they do it with only 13 employees?
I don't know what's their secret...I haven't watched all their video journals. But they're living proof that even on a tight budget, games that look like that are apparently possible...

Check this out...This is the same game running on pc at high res.
Unfucking believable !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5sGJDyTDqo

Not only that , the Audio ! the sound editing is like nothing i've ever experienced before in a video game. I can understand if some people hated this game. But for me it was a fucking memorable experience for sure.
>>
File: Talos & Sam.png (875KB, 680x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Talos & Sam.png
875KB, 680x1172px
>>386715495
some of the best games were made by teams of sub-20 people. Pic very related.

The multi-100 mega studios nowadays mostly utilize their manpower to work on multiple projects at once, thus ensuring yearly release rate. The bloated budgets on the other hand tend to go to marketing and tons of outsourcing.

tl;dr: The "AA" studios are the future and saviors of the vidya.
>>
>>386715595
>boring
For you.
Again, i understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea. But as far as i'm concerned ? This game will stick with me for a long time. The subject itself. (seeing the world through the eyes of a protagonist with Psychosis)...That alone , playing this with headphones , was already memorable. I will say this. The game can get repetitive. But i still personally enjoyed it. I enjoyed the puzzles. And even the combat mechanics. (which reminded me of Dark souls in a way). I first played it on hard mode.
>>
>>386715418
>didn't mention ROTR
didn't read more
>>
>>386715920
You want some craziness? It's well optomized on pc as well. I had a friend with a 3570k and an r9 380, not exactly 'cutting edge'. Apparently it defaulted to maxed out 1080p.. and ran just fine.
>>
Did anyone else have syncing issues?

In cutscenes, Senua's dialogue doesn't match her animations at all, the animations are like a second or 2 behind the dialogue, which gets pretty bad when she starts being terrified about something I can't even see until like 2 seconds later.

I lowered the graphical quality to medium which seemed to make the gameplay itself run smoother, but the cutscene was still desynced.

Considering this is a story heavy game, I'm seriously considering refunding it and buying it when its cheaper and hopefully patched up
>>
File: SH3 Heather pomf tease.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SH3 Heather pomf tease.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>386715495
13 Japs did this on PS2 some 15 years ago.
It's not the manpower, but the quality & dedication that matters.
>>
>>386716383
>You want some craziness? It's well optomized on pc as well.
Which reminds me....What Ubisoft did with Assasin's creed unity is unforgivable. (and they have way more budget than Ninja Theory)
>>
File: pDbNeIk.jpg (95KB, 994x1099px) Image search: [Google]
pDbNeIk.jpg
95KB, 994x1099px
That uncharted 4 screenshot is pre-release
>>
>>386716640
>Did anyone else have syncing issues?
>In cutscenes, Senua's dialogue doesn't match her animations at all, the animations are like a second or 2 behind the dialogue, which gets pretty bad when she starts being terrified about something I can't even see until like 2 seconds later.
Nop i didn't experience that on my side. (played it on PS4). But it's very possible i suppose. One reviewer 'can't remember his name) have Hellblade 1/10 because of a glitch.
>>
>>386716945
I am playing on PC

I'll give it another hour, maybe it was just that cutscene. The cutscene after sync'd properly
>>
>>386716945
>>386717010
The wierdest part was like only Sensua's dialogue was desync'd. In the first scene with that hallucination guy, his dialogue sync'd perfectly, but hers was still off.
>>
>>386715495
Did they cut their staff or something? When did they turn into a skeleton crew?
>>
>>386717301
/ourgirl/ ate the video editing budget
https://twitter.com/JuergensMelina/status/798149722493988868
>>
>>386717453
I meant what happened after DmC that sent most of their employees packing? DmC was not 13 people.
>>
File: Hellblade-Senuas-Sacrifice.jpg (298KB, 2265x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblade-Senuas-Sacrifice.jpg
298KB, 2265x720px
>>386716917
Yeah it's just not the same. They got close but never really managed to produce the same quality as that E3 teaser. Having said that , Uncharted 4 also looks fantastic imo.
But it's just that Hellblade has more realism...
I mean even by comparing with Uncharted Lost Legacy...(naughty dog's latest one)
>>
>>386715920
>on a tight budget,
It is still 9 million either euro or dollar.
And considering the pathetically minuscule scope and how you jog and stare at crap for more than half the game, it isn't.
>>
File: Capture d’écran (108).png (314KB, 1084x360px) Image search: [Google]
Capture d’écran (108).png
314KB, 1084x360px
>>386717828
Heck i'm even tempted to say that based on the Last of Us 2 teaser i saw. (and it looked amazing). But i'd still say tha Senua (hellblade's protagonist) looks more realistic at this point in time.
>>
>>386718004
How much do most AAA titles generally cost though ? Uncharted 4 for example ? I know that uncharted 3 costed aprox 30 millions and that was on PS3.

PS: i respectfully dsagree , Hellblade was a memorable experience for me.
>>
God, fuck this illusion puzzle. I have no idea what Im doing, the gates aren't showing me any changes no matter what side I'm looking through them

>>386718384
Well it helps when you can spend all your budget on basically one model instead of many models.

Thats not a knock against this game, it does look great, and with a small team too, but there was less work to be done.
>>
what did you guys think of Heavenly Sword?
did you like it better than any of the cuhrazy games? or the old God of War games?
>>
>Heavenly Sword
>Hellblade
I wonder if that was intentional
>>
>>386718384
When you scan someones face instead of creating one with avarage traits thats what you get.
>>
File: 4theSuckers2.jpg (258KB, 960x760px) Image search: [Google]
4theSuckers2.jpg
258KB, 960x760px
>>386715418
>Sony downgrades graphics
OMG color me surprised!
>>
>>386719741
>A prerendered trailer looks better than actual gameplay

You fuckers always act like this is some sort of revelation every time it happens. Its baffling.
>>
>>386717453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhzVtHwJjA

senua a cute
>>
>>386715495

Not counting enemies (of which there are like five), there's only one (1) character model in the entire game, Senua herself. All NPC characters are FMV with a shitload of filters thrown on to stop you from realizing it's FMV.

Granted, Senua's model is super high fidelity but it's not that hard to make one character look good.
>>
>>386719741

It's the same model, it's just, as always, they crank up the lighting to 11 on the bullshots and use light scattering that will never, ever be implemented in the final product.
>>
>>386716083
Middleware has always been the best since the late 90s. It's not even a debate.
>>
>>386720140
Its kinda bizarre, for me Senua's dialogue never matched up with her mouth movements, but the NPCs did. I guess the FMVs weren't sync'd the same way as the 3d models because they apparently ran faster than the models did.
>>
The game deletes your save when you beat it.

Did they try to copy Nier without understanding what was the point of that?
>>
>>386715418
Why do people act like it is impressive to make something look good? It's easy as fuck. What's impressive is making it run well, which this sure as shit wont. The trailer already shows all the tell tale signs of graphical hacks to hide performance issues.

Slow motion and cinematic bullshit aren't things you want to see in a video game trailer.
>>
>>386720483
I mean other than just seeing the ending again, is there any reason why it would really matter?

It's not like theres any character progression or anything. Its a completely linear game where gameplay wise, you end the same way you started.

Nier on the other hand has multiple endings, levels, and actual gear and items to get.
>>
>>386715495
A lot of things are scanned in from the real world, many different techniques, creates very realistic visuals when paired with physically based lighting techniques.
>>
>>386720570
>I mean other than just seeing the ending again, is there any reason why it would really matter?

Collecting the story audiologs at least.

Like, there's nothing saved or unlocked when you beat it. That's bizarre to me. There should at very least be a chapter select so you can skip all the boring non-fighting parts, and a log collection where you can listen to Druth's stories that you have unlocked without having to find the stupid rocks in the game. That much is standard. Some kind of endless fight arena would be a nice and cheap bonus unlockable.

Instead the game assumes that once you beat it, you're done with it forever. Which you probably will be, since I don't see much replay value in this.
>>
Jesus Christ, it ends in a sequel hook

That's embarrassing, Tam-Tam
>>
>>386720757
I guess they knew what they were going for.

Though I fully agree that those features should be in the game.
>>
>>386715418
>>386715495
>>386715920
>>386716175
>Check this out...
>Just wow !
>Psychosis)...
>more realism...
>the combat mechanics. (which reminded me of Dark souls
keep you shilling subtle, please.
>>
File: asdfsadf.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asdfsadf.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
what game?
>>
>>386721017
I assume you aren't serious since its quite literally in the OP
>>
>>386717828
the lost legacy doesnt look as good as u4, i think U4 looks better as a whole, Hellblade animation arent as good as U4
>>
>>386721017
the elder skyrim new vegas
>>
>>386721158
I mean thats where the difference between a small team and a large one comes into play.

Its not too hard to create a model that looks really good.

Actually animating it is where things get more difficult.

And U4's enviroments had a lot more shit going on that Hellblade's. Stuff falling apart left and right.
>>
>>386720885
>which reminded me of Dark souls
>every action game that is sort of lock-on based with the camera behind the player's back/shoulder is Souls-like
Keep being retarded and/or underaged
>>
>>386718630
>How much do most AAA titles generally cost though ? Uncharted 4 for example ?
We're starting to talk about 80MIL $ these days.
The budgets have bloated awfully in past decade alone. Most of it, however, goes to crazy marketing campaigns, various licenses, voice actors, etc.
>>
>>386715418
>best graphics
Who cares when they're wasted on the worst game of this gen. I'm not even exaggerating, nothing has pissed me off more than this pretentious ASMR walking simulator with its confused historical setting and psychological elements that install no horror and are nothing more than an incessant nuisance.

I'm really glad I didn't buy this utter garbage.
>>
Why did this game need to bypass my firewall? It's a completely single player game, no online component as far as I could tell
>>
The graphics are great, but I can't say I really like the artstyle. Kind of gives the game a bulky look and I am not into that.
From what I have seen that word describes the gameplay as well, but I have not played it for myself to know for sure.
>>
>>386716703
Really? I find this even more impressive than Hellblade then due to how long ago it was and what they were able to accomplish.
>>
what the fuck is this game even about
>>
>>386721253
I agree, its the same for U4 and the lost legacy teams, TLL has a smaller team so the animation, textures and what not suffer from this
>>
>>386720885

You honestly can't explain this game without sounding like a shill and/or faggot
>>
File: 0pxapsjm.jpg (10KB, 215x240px) Image search: [Google]
0pxapsjm.jpg
10KB, 215x240px
>>386715418
I know that these 'realistic' looking games technically ARE realistic, but whenever I look at something like Uncharted 4 or Hellblade it forces me to remember that its a game and look for imperfections, making it seem even less realistic than something that goes for a specific style and nails it.
>>
>>386722036
The whole game is in her dead because she was raped and her lover was killed in an invasion
>>
>>386722036
if you have to ask it's probably not for you, you're supposed to go into it with an open mind and just kinda draw your own conclusions
>>
>>386722393
I'd have preferred it if they just had 5 minutes of that and called it a day.
>>
>>386722441
>you're supposed to go into it with an open mind and just kinda draw your own conclusions
Good way of saying "I dunno lol".
>>
>>386722393
*head
But she mine as well be dead
>>
>>386721645

It felt like devs pushed the envelope in the PS2 days in general.
>>
>>386722604
It was kinda when low budget graphics peaked.

Now, you need so much more of a budget to have up to scratch graphics. Some companies are able to do it with a lower budget, but yeah games are definitely more expensive to make these days.

Notice how shovelware basically died off in a single console generation. Now it exists purely in the digital marketplace and is even more obvious than it used to be.
>>
>>386722326
MY FRIEND HAD A BOyFRIEND AND HE HATES THAT DICK
>>
>>386715418
Everything looks pretty because the whole "game" is a giant fucking cutscene. There is no gameplay at all. You, the player, are just there to walk to a certain point to trigger the next scene.
>>
>>386723039
I felt the same way and the combat was whatever in my opinion. Should've been a CG movie.Probably would've loved it.
>>
>>386723152
Yeah, I agree. It would have worked much better as a movie than a game.

Shame
>>
>>
File: donte the demonkillah.jpg (87KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
donte the demonkillah.jpg
87KB, 500x313px
FUCK YOU!
>>
>>386716175
Well put. I've watched a full playthrough of the game and though I honestly don't think it looks fun to play, holy fuck I can't stop thinking about it. Like you say, the character's mental state, how the story is told, the story itself, the audio and general presentation are all so incredibly well done that it makes the gameplay almost a secondary aspect.
>>
>from the team that ruined DMC, we present to you...
>REALLY STRONK WOMYN KILLS GODS AND SHIET: MARVELTHOR LMAO EDITION
>>
>>386724423
>incessant whispering
Wow so deep!
>>
>>386715418
HOLY SHILLAMOLY BATMAN!
>>
>>386718004
9 million is a VERY tight budget. One million dollars is basically nothing in regards to funding and publishing a game to put it into perspective
>>
> we want the La Roux audience
>>
At least pretend you're not shilling
>>
>>386724648
>we want the Marvel audience
>we want the SJW audience
>we want the pompous uppity "muh metaphor" gaming audience
>>
This really makes me think.
>>
>>386715920
>>386716175
>>386715418
Shut up you dumb frog.
>>
>>386724505
Nice strawman.

But no, I mean how the voices fit into the narrative and the character, how they tell the story etc.

Find a flaw. Pro tip: __haha made you look, cock-face
>>
>>386715495
They been experimenting with techniques to do quick and cheap high quality graphics. For example a lot of their mo cap equipment was cobbled together from stuff they bought directly off Amazon. I saw the behind the scenes stuff, Tameem talka about how janky their mo cap rigs looked, like put together with tape and shit, but it work and as you can see from Hellblade it worked real well.
>>
>>386716703
I wish more games from smaller studios that do 3D looked like this. It'd be cheaper and pleasant to look at, with possibilities of adding more content.
With better textures though.
>>
>>386718384
Ellie looks anime in comparison
>>
>>386719741
that miles has a better design than the real deal
>>
>>386718004
>9 million
>much

It's the same thing with Trumps 1 million. If you want to create something one digit million are NOTHING (btw Hillary's daughter gets millions per year of tax payers $ for doing literally nothing and no one even mentions this. Compare this to privately earned money of Trump's father is a huge diffence)

Sure, living with your mom is cheap, but outside your basement everything is expensive.

Because you are not skilled with economics:
You have to pay
>workers
>insurance
>taxes
>buildings
>energy and everything else
>copyright fees

and so much more. Paid vacation for a pregnant women etc.

Humans are expensive as fuck and you can say that an employer has too pay ONLY for you the double amount of you loan because of taxes.

If you have 10 employees and every employe gets just 30k $ a year as full time employee you have to already spend 600k $ per year for only 10 employees. Everything else has to be paid after this.

I can say that under 10 million a huge project is only possible if your workers are working basically for free.
>>
>>386718384
I don't know how to explain it, Hellblade looks bad when when compared to TLOU2 but it also looks... way better. Like TLOU2 is somewhat stylized, like a comic book good but Hellblade is aiming for photorealism and actually kind of hitting the mark. And this is only version 1.0 of their tech, fucking insane. Tameem and Ninja Theory may have something big here in their hands with this tech. Im super excited if this means a wave of polished 3D indie games.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.