[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scaling enemy levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0444.jpg (174KB, 983x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
174KB, 983x813px
What does /v/ think about enemies that level as you progress through game?

Examples include legendary mob enemies in Fallout or bandits in The Witcher that are higher level ban Geralt?

Sure it makes the gameplay interesting and keeps you on your toes with new challenges but it also removes all sense of accomplishment.
>>
>>386712738
Imagine how big their cocks are.
>>
I think it defeats the idea of an RPG. I usually don't like it.
>>
>>386712874
Probably the size of a human
>>
>>386712874
Super Mutants are genderless eunuchs.
>>
>>386712738
Depends on how they do it. The only games I can think of that did it properly were STALKER: SoC and Baldur's Gate. Ideally, the enemies should grow slightly in quantity and/or gain some new abilities. Adjusting just HP and damage is the way you don't do it.
>>
>>386712738
Almost always an awful mechanic, easiest way me to get me to quickly drop an RPG. It kills almost any sense of character progression.
>>
I think fallout 4 actually did it right
Regular enemies don't scale but significant enemies do
>>
>>386712738
I never noticed a size difference between Mutants, Brutes and Masters ingame

Am I retarded?
>>
File: 1474293584481.jpg (64KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
1474293584481.jpg
64KB, 355x236px
>>386712738
I'm fine with a level floor where you still run into higher level enemies that will fuck you up unless you're skilled enough, but a full leveling scale is stupid. Fallout 3's encounter zone system in which the area is locked to the level you encountered them was pretty dumb though.
>>
File: Jqq4A.jpg (216KB, 915x678px) Image search: [Google]
Jqq4A.jpg
216KB, 915x678px
>Male Human
>5'10"
>Male
>>
>>386713403
Masters and Overlords weren't in Fallout 4, but were in FO3. Not that east coast Mutants makes any sense lore wise.
>>
>>386713485
Cool fresh meme.
>>
File: IMG_0354.jpg (347KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0354.jpg
347KB, 1920x1279px
>>386713687
So cool it killed the thread...
>>
I can't stand scaling. When applied world-wide, it renders any sense of achievement moot and, at least in Oblivion, has the perverse effect of making the game more difficult and less rewarding as one plays. Even when applied to specific areas, it denies the player that feeling of increasing mastery and control that's the entire point of learning how to play a fucking video game and rendering the entire experience bland and uninspiring (Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age: Origins).The game should have difficult areas and easier areas, and if you get your ass kicked at one point, you should be able to come back later and clean the fuck up. Best games I've experienced this in have been Divine Divinity and Morrowind.
>>
>>386712738
>imperial
>phone poster
like pottery
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.