[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did you do it /v/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: lisa.png (221KB, 1180x608px) Image search: [Google]
lisa.png
221KB, 1180x608px
did you do it /v/ ?
>>
>alt-tab
>weigh my options now that I am informed of the consequences

If you didn't do this you're an idiot.
>>
File: 1496348463292.jpg (785KB, 2421x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1496348463292.jpg
785KB, 2421x3000px
You can't save her
This is the lesson
>>
>>386711771
Of course, all I had to do was get my actual party members and switch it for people I don't use. That said, no one in their right mind would let Harvey die.
>>
>tfw I sold out Terry hintz

did I make a mistake ?
>>
im constantly told i would like this game. is it worth it? also whats the most i should spend on it, looks like a $5 title at best
>>
>>386712953
nah, terry is pretty shit when it comes to combat, but he is still pretty charming
>>
>>386713058
It's absolutely worth it if you have the right mind for it. There's a lot of interesting aspects in the game that someone with short attention spans won't recognize, but if you're a stickler for details and genuinely good writing, you'll enjoy it. It's probably the best written story I've seen in a game. It's respectful to the player, and it expects a mature mind to be it's audience, without being some stuck up pretentious bullshit, and it's just plain genuine.

Basically, if you have even a slight interest in it, go for it. I was on the fence at a time too, as I'm pretty skeptical towards indie game praise, as I found many of them to be overrated. I heard good things, saw some spoiler free reviews and gave it a try and it's hands-down an all-time favorite of mine now. Go in completely blind though. Either way, it's dirt cheap and it's really fascinating if you get into it, and if you don't you only spent like up to 10 bucks. You have nothing to lose.
>>
File: rando.png (2KB, 156x156px) Image search: [Google]
rando.png
2KB, 156x156px
>try to be a genuinely good person in the wasteland
>constantly gets shat on before being murdered
>>
what game is that?
>>
File: 1501980920282s.jpg (2KB, 70x125px) Image search: [Google]
1501980920282s.jpg
2KB, 70x125px
>>386711771
>Bo
>>
>>386713851
ill look into it anon. thanks. is the complete version worth checking out? i really dont care for soundtracks
>>
tfw sold out my boys every time in hopes it would give me brownie points.
>>
File: snek.jpg (324KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
324KB, 1280x853px
>>386715546
Earthbound 3: Revengence
>>
>>386715935
imo definitely. I fucking love the music and it's so fitting for the world it represents. You'll remember a ton of 'em after playing it, but there is playlist on youtube you can listen to if you wanna sample it. Some notable examples off the to of my head:
>Summer Love
>Boy Oh Boy
>Work Harder
>Shardy's Shanty

But really, if you wanna save yourself the experience, and you do, get the hell outta this thread
>>
>>386711771
never played this game before.
should I start with the first or skip to the painful?
>>
>>386716359
You can start with the Painful. The First is more or less the creator's first game, and it's not much more than a short vague adventure game. He's even admitted he thinks it's pretty bad for his first game. It's interesting to look back on in a sense, but it's not technically canon anymore. You don't need any experience from it to play Painful, it honestly doesn't add much, aside from the creator's history.
>>
>>386711771
Mutilating buddy is the only sane option.
>>
>>386716359
The first one is a Yume Nikki clone/walking simulator.
It only tells you that Lisa got abused by his father to the point that she doesn't remember the face or her mother anymore.
>>
who was in your party /v/?

>Brad obviously, Terry, Beastborn, and Birdie
>Had birdie oil people, then used fireball and hot dance, and used beastborn's turn to heal whoever needed it
>>
File: Hopeful cast.png (288KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hopeful cast.png
288KB, 1000x1000px
What's /v/'s thoughts on the fan games?

Hopeful's a great game. I still need to get around to playing Pointless but I heard that it's amazing and it's not even 1/3 complete.
>>
>>386716889
I like it. The characters are pretty chill, I will say the writing at times does not feel too natural, but when its good its good.
I really like how with the smaller party size the creator was able to give the characters their own individual moments here and there.I also really liked how if you gave any party member Joy they would become Joy Mutants when they died, this would have been cool to see in Lisa the Painful.
>>
>>386716889
i still can't get past the damn shrooms, i wish there was a visual walkthough for that shit thats not outdated.
>>
>>386716889
I've not beaten Hopeful yet. Something about the many reused asstes is turning me off from finishing it for some reason. I guess it's cause I'm coming from Pointless where everything from that game was original.

I went into Pointless pretty critically. I didn't think a fan game would be up to snuff on any level, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's certainly different, I wouldn't even consider it canon to the Lisa world, but I really enjoyed it. It's almost like a slight variant on the Lisa formula, it's characters look too detailed to be i Lisa, but the music, and setting, were all top notch and fitting in a parallel kind of fiction to Lisa. Especially later on in the game, I was on the edge of my toes, and it really drove home the survival feeling. Not sure which version I played but it had the perfect difficulty and than once you get out of that area, there's just this fucking ambience and, damn, I loved it. It's really got subtelety and humour similar to Lisa without being redundant or too derivatie and I adore that shit. Would recommend
>>
>>386711875
>playing a thought provoking game with actual consequences
>removes all need to think and experience the actual fucking game
Why ruin this for yourself?
>>
File: Hopeful car.png (39KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
Hopeful car.png
39KB, 350x210px
>>386717305
It was. Despite the short length and the relative ease of the game I did find it very satisfying. Hopeful's greatest strength is in it's small defined cast and how heavily it revolves around Beltboy's relationship with them.

I also love the contrast between Brad and Beltboy: How Brad is a broken middle-aged man while BB is some amateur shit-talking sharpshooter who looks like a grunt from FotNS. Hopeful does live up to its name in a way with how entertaining BB.
I didn't give Joy to anyone my first run but I had to give Lanks some on Pain Mode. He didn't fucking deserve what happened to him.

>>386717371
Sounds like you need to get gud.

>>386717786
Fair enough. Hopeful wasn't really trying to be something big or anything like that. It's just a short fun ride. Pointless on the other hand has a lot of effort put into it and it should be held on a higher scale.
>>
>Game is about retrieving your daughterfu
>There are people who act like it's about assembling a posse of the best friends in the whole wide world instead

People like you are why Brad suffers.
>>
>>386716707
Any team abusing Birdie is gay and lame
>>
>>386718570
explain
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.