[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of buyin Mass Effect: Andromeda. Never played a Mass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

Thinking of buyin Mass Effect: Andromeda. Never played a Mass Effect game before. Should I get it? Also, no pretentious comments please, no:
>muh cinema game
>muh nu-fun
>muh lp bait
>>
It's actually pretty fun. The reviews weren't great, but imo, it's worth the money.
>>
>>386705972
it's by far the worst game in the series and unironically killed the studio that made it.
>>
>>386706185
Worth 60 dollars from the PSN store?
>>
>>386706227
Seriously? I never heard that. Is this more of that pretentious shit OP didn't want to see?
>>
I have never, ever seen a video game with more hideous looking characters.
>>
>>386706260
Also, I guess. It's only 60*bucks.
>>
>>386706352
Sara Ryder is fucking beautiful.
>>
>>386705972
Do you like tedious open world games, crafting, classless progression, shallow combat, detective vision, and sudoku?
>>
>>386706352
t. faggot
>>
>>386705972
ME:A was so bad it killed the studio that made it.

That's not an exaggeration.
>>
>>386706751
How tedious are we talking about? And I don't mind detective vision or any sort of game instincts. I actually enjoy those.
>>
>>386706185
quit lying, its worth a humble bundle 12.50 with other games max.
>>
>>386706970
You're joking right? I just read that they had a merger. Can you faggots stop with the hyperbole please? You made it sound worse than it actually was.
>>
>>386705972
Isn't there a free trial on Origin? Go try it and see if you like it.
>>
>>386705972
pirate it, why would you ever even consider giving Bioware/EA money
>>
I'm the biggest fan of mass effect there is

I didn't get halfway
>>
>>386707173
>"merger"
>Not realizing what the death of a company is
>>
>>386707213
doing the free trial on PSN. Control reactions feel a little weird, but not bad.
>>
>>386705972
If you're for real OP do yourself a favor and download the ten hour demo they've got for free.
I did to form my own opinion, and couldn't get past the first hour. It's just not fun, not even worth the bandwidth
>>
>>386706996
Lots of empty space to travel through, lots of slow unskippable animations, repetitive missions, environments sectioned off into homogeneous areas.
>>
>>386707546
Enough about BotW, tell us about Andromeda.
>>
File: ryder.jpg (102KB, 536x399px) Image search: [Google]
ryder.jpg
102KB, 536x399px
It's almost been 6 months since the game came out.

You did remember to get her a gift for her 6 month anniversary, right?
>>
>>386705972
>Never played a Mass Effect game before

This isn't a good excuse. All this means is if you get Andromeda, you'll go 'eh this is kinda shitty but the lore is sorta interesting I guess, 6/10' instead of 'Jesus fuck what happened to Mass Effect 2/10'

Play ME1-ME3. I don't even like 3, but at least the series itself will provide you with more fun, several hundred hours worth, and you can get the entire series with all DLC for all games for less than 30-40$ likely.
>>
>>386707695
Bozongo!
>>
The graphics are fucking amazing.
>>
Been thinking of buyin Mass Effect: 2. Never played a game before. Should I get it? Also, serious replies only please.
>>
>>386707173
A merger is when the big fish eats the little fish. The little fish ceases to exist.
>>
>>386707984
Start with the first one faggot, seriously. Play them in order.
>>
>>386707173
That "merger" consolidated a studio, culled people and put the rest onto community update duty.
>>
>>386707884
>Play ME1-ME3. I don't even like 3, but at least the series itself will provide you with more fun, several hundred hours worth, and you can get the entire series with all DLC for all games for less than 30-40$ likely.
Whoa wait, you think Andromeda was a ploy to make ME3 look good by proxy?
>>
File: 1492866718997.jpg (1MB, 700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1492866718997.jpg
1MB, 700x1800px
Save your money and time op just forget about it
>>
File: 1500249346083.gif (958KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500249346083.gif
958KB, 400x225px
Is this game even worth pirating?
>>
Just buy a better game. ME:A isn't worth your time.

>>386708180
No.
>>
>>386706335
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/mass-effect-andromeda-is-officially-so-bad-it-killed-a-studio/
>>
>>386705972
I borrowed my cousins origin account to try it and it's garbage. Unless you like playing as a complete pussy avoid this game
>>
>>386708180
If you value you time, not really. There are better games to play. But if you're curious, give it a shot.
>>
Jesus, is it really that bad? Honestly space shit interests me. And Sara Ruder is easy as fuck to look at.
>>
>>386707880
Of course I remembered our six weekaversary, I froze the vomit that I expelled on release and intend to mail it to EA on her behalf.
>>
>>386708180
I'd put it on par with an MMO as a time sink with some nifty environments to explore and not much else going for it. No game is "not worth pirating" unless you're so poor that bandwidth is an issue, and I say this as an Australian with shit internet.

>>386708383
It's an objective 6/10, which in /v/ terms means it's a 0/10.
>>
But Ryder is so damn cute :(
>>
>>386708074
I disagree. Start with the second. The first has, problems, and you don't feel like you're really missing anything important, it's all explained very well in me2.
>>
>>386709561
Will Andromeda make no sense to someone who has never played? Or is it like every other game outside the SH trilogy where people only say not to play because they suck?
>>
If you haven't played any of the other ME games, why not go and do exactly that? You get way more content to play and for much cheaper too. 1-3 even look better and run than Andromeda, not to mention being better games in every aspect.
>>
First one is the only good one unless you're a bumbling retard at the controls. If you're shit at games just play 2.
>>
The graphics are drop dead gorgeous.
>>
>>386705972
YOUR ONLY HUMAN OP. YOU CAN MAKE MISTAKES, DONT BUY THIS ONE

Just play 1-3 and if you like those bother with this one and if you do pirate it jesus don't think about buying this shit.
>>
>>386710213
I don't know how anyone can think this. Running it at 4k on max settings, the game still has blurry textures and shadows, reflections that glitch out often, short draw distance and bad performance on top of all that. Every other Frostbite engine game looks miles better, even the ones that came out years ago.
>>
>>386709797
You're telling me that older games look better than avgame that utilizes HDR remarkably? I get that you think the game sucks, but no need for this type of comment.
>>
>>386705972
Just get Mass Effect 2&3 first.
Like everyone said, they're better in every way.
>>
>>386710486
HDR doesn't suddenly make models and textures look non-shit like in Andromeda. Greater color accuracy is nice but Andromeda is still a hugely ugly game. Not to even mention the bugs that have yet to be patched out.
>>
>>386709783
Andromeda makes perfect sense to a newcomer because it's not a continuation, it's a different set of characters and problems entirely just set in the same universe.

>>386709958
Being good at the controls doesn't suddenly make the shooting feel better or the Mako sections and uncharted planets anything more than pointless padding. 2 streamlined the first game in the very best sense of the word by stripping out the filler.
>>
Exploration and core gameplay is fun enough but the dialogue made me wanna blow my brains out.

Imagine if shepard was replaced by a tumblrite fangirl. Thats ryder. And nobody else is much better.
>>
>>386705972
Do you like open world game's shenanigans? I mean, lot's of fetch-questing, lot's of open spaces, kinda same main quest structure from planet to planet. Then sure, go ahead, I'd rather recommend you to buy it on a discount though. The combat's fun, but lack any depth, you can't control your teammates ability, just when they use them, you can sort of perform a combo/multiplier effect on the enemy. Not sure if they've balanced the crafting mechanic, if not, just craft the strongest weapon, ignore the rest, for me it's the black widow sniper, cruised the game after I've researched that beauty. I haven't played for months after I've finished it, not sure all the bugs have been fixed. Story-wise, kinda ok, have that Star-Trek kinda vibe. Not so serious, but tried to. Just don't expect too much out of it. Dialogue is the weakest aspect of it. Oh and, Vetra is best girl.
>>
>>386705972
You'd be much better off buying the Trilogy first. You'll actually be able to enjoy some good video games AND you'll probably want to play Andromeda afterwards regardless of its quality.
>>
>>386707347
I'm a huge fan too and I'm plowing through.
Also if you only play the main missions you could finish it in under 6 hours if you want.
>>
File: IMG_20170807_015927_838.jpg (1MB, 2556x3153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_015927_838.jpg
1MB, 2556x3153px
>>386707956
What I don't understand is that there's reviews that unironically mention the 'beautiful planets'.
>>
>>386712270
The skyboxes alone from ME1 were better than anything in Andromeda
>>
If you like fucking aliens it might be worth getting. Just put Vetra in your party and never take her out.

Her voice is so hot
>>
File: received_1299701076763515.jpg (9KB, 217x272px) Image search: [Google]
received_1299701076763515.jpg
9KB, 217x272px
Mass Effect 1 yes
Mass Effect 2 yes
Mass Effect 3 yes
Mass Effect Andromeda NO

Broken as fuck, stupid and shit. If you really want to try out this broken pile of garbage then pirate it and tell yourself if you like the broken face animationless with emotionless characters and the childish humour inside it.
>>
>>386708289
I didn't like this either. At least in the original trilogy you could tell people to fuck off but in this one the option literally doesn't even exist.
RIP role-playing
>>
>>386714917
But anon, those pixels have feelings too.
>>
Dear god no.
>>
I wouldn't recommend it. I pirated it recently and got bored with it.
I gave it a chance - I think I'm about 6-7 hours into it. It's just so fucking dull. The combat isn't fun and all you're doing is combat.
Perhaps something happens later on that totally changes the experience, but I doubt it. It's not the worst game ever, but it fails to be interesting in any way. It feels like Dragon Age Inquisition in space. It has the same big worlds with many places to stop, and 85% of everything you do seems pointless. They haven't mastered making an open world interesting.
>>
Just play through them in order. If people tell you the first one is too boring or clunky they are an ADHD amputee.
>>
>>386715730
It's not boring but it IS clunky with the hindsight of having played 2.
>>
>>386705972
If you want to play Mass Effect game, you should start with the Mass Effect game. As in first in series. Andromeda is a pretty bad game and a horrible piece of shit successor to mass effect series.
It's pretty much like Dragon Age: Inquisition only worse on every part, so if you liked that one game, you'll probably like this one too.
>>
File: 1475476468049.png (475KB, 842x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1475476468049.png
475KB, 842x1128px
>>386705972
Play any of the first 3 games, they are all VASTLY superiour.

Andromeda is an embarrassment not just to Bioware, but the entire AAA industry.
>>
I'm a huge Biowarefag. I managed to even force myself through Inquisition.

This game is not worth your time.

Its like every other shitty open world action game masquerading as an rpg these days. Nearly all of the quests are boring filler, the loot and leveling up is entirely superfluous; you will learn very quickly there's no reason to ever equip weapons or armor other than the ones you decide to research, and there's no reason to ever switch out your 3 active abilities that you probably unlocked and maxed within 5 hours of starting the game, so you spend the rest dumping points into passive skills. The writing sucks and out of your entire party, the Krogan is really the only cool character; I've found the characters in even some of the shittiest Bioware games likable but they are all boring as shit.
>>
>>386705972
It's fine. Play ME1-2 beforehand though. Skip ME3.
>>
I want to suck Sara Ryder's dick!
>>
>>386705972
I hope you're trolling me OP, because Mass Effect Andromeda is a fucking atrocity and shouldn't be called an RPG

>Male Ryder looks kinda hot, but Female Ryder literally looks like she has down syndrome. She was based on a super model.
>You explore an entirely separate galaxy in Andromeda while the Milky Way is getting fucked by the bad guys in the original trilogy because the bad ending is canon
>Only discover 2 sentient species in that ENTIRE FUCKING GALAXY, when your galaxy in the last trilogy was home to hundreds of thousands
>When in other RPG's where you can ask questions about missions you're doing to the quest giver, most of the time you're told to just do it or not
>The original explorers that have had 18 months to prepare for more to arrive are almost about to starve to death
>Meanwhile the rebels they exiled to die and living comfortably, but the original explorers are too stupid to try to copy them
>So many fucking bugs that after playing you'll feel like you have to go to the hospital in case you caught some
>Because of plot reasons, you're the chosen one and everyone is okay with that. Making you a Mary Sue
>Lack of choices in a dialogue wheel where all the options point to the same outcome
>The villains, the Kett, look fucking hilarious and I always enjoy when they appear
>The original trilogy had sex scenes, most of the sex scenes in the game fade to black upon kissing
>There's a moment in the game where one of your party members kidnaps you, puts you in a life and death situation and asks "Are you mad?" and if you choose that you are mad, then you say it in a sarcastic tone or you say you're not mad
>Both sentient species speak Engligh FOR. SOME. REASON. And you cant asks them how the fucking did they know English, when the first time you meet them, they speak their alien language to you.
>Lots of loading screens
>Planets can be defined by a certain theme: ice, sand, jungle/swamp, plains and the main hub
>The animal life is all the same
>>
>>386717215
>male Ruder
>hot
>Sara ugly
Goodbye faggot.
>>
>>386706260
I'd say 40 at the most.
>>
ex-biodrone here

Game sucks. Dropped it 8 hours in, it's even more boring and bland than Inquisition and dialogue is far more retarded.
Characters are either complete idiots or autistic children with maybe 2-3 exceptions.
Roleplaying options for MC are either whiny pussy ass bitch with victim syndrome, or autistic child with adhd.
Combat is wonky mechanically, enemies are damage sponges, no tactics or any brain activity required, just hold lmb and click 1-2-3 on cd.
Profile system is useless, and party selection is useless too thanks to profile system even existing.
Controls and UI are painful and actually start to irritate you after a while.
Side quests are all 100% fetch with zero interesting backstory or exposition. MMO-esque bloat of quantity over quality doesn't help.
Also a shitton of minor game design decisions that can fit in either of the above catagory that on their own don't really mean anything, but when everything is piled on top of each other becomes a really unenjoyable experience.
>>
>>386716579
Quick tell me what's wrong with me3 other than people disliking the ending because I played it and it was just like every other game in the series so I don't understand why people dislike the game.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.