[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAILY PSA THREAD: DO NOT PLAY EDITION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20170719123745_1.jpg (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170719123745_1.jpg
615KB, 1920x1080px
Friendly public service announcement thread:
---DO NOT PLAY EDITION---

Friendly PSA to not play Black Desert Online, a crappy asian MMO with a pseudo-western artstyle.

This game is addicting for all the wrong reasons and is designed to suck up 10 hours of your day if you want even a sliver of hope to git gud. It also requires you to leave the client open or your workers will not harvest node resources for you.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have a pretty deeply embedded bitcoin miner in the client somewhere.

For every good part of this game that is perfect, there are 20 minor bad things. The bad adds up.

I lost 2 months of free time I could have used to look for work or to continue with my programming studies. All I could think about when I woke up was playing it.

To build one boat, you need 80,000 logs that can only be harvested from trees yourself, as the AH is so RNG that any time a pre-order actually is selected, some fucking chink XIANG_JUU buys it all up instantly probably sitting on hundreds of millions of coins.

Avoid like the plague.
>>
>>386705454
bro don't blame games for your own shortcomings
>>
File: 1499179040690.gif (2MB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
1499179040690.gif
2MB, 400x210px
>>386705454
>This game is addicting
I found it to be irredeemable shit.
>>
>>386705631
Good for you then you're ahead of the curve.
>>
>>386705454
>this game is addicting
no, it isnt

the questing system is an archaic relic of world of warcraft copycat system
not to mention half the combat isnt fun either
ranged combat feels nice, but melee combat is too floaty to enjoy

BD is nothing but a character customization simulator catering to people that dont know what a good MMO looks like
>>
>>386705810
>tab tageting
Yeah, definitely a better alternative to BDO lmao
>>
>>386706498
I really don't think pointing the camera in a general direction and pressing buttons is much better.
>>
So I guess since this thread is so focused on BDO there are no more PSA about shit games not to touch? Im disappointed
>>
>>386705454
>Wouldn't be surprised if they have a pretty deeply embedded bitcoin miner in the client somewhere.

Would explain why it runs like shit while looking mediocre
>>
>>386705454
>Wouldn't be surprised if they have a pretty deeply embedded bitcoin miner in the client somewhere.
I thought there was a game that was discovered a few months ago with a bitcoin miner in the client, it had a similar shit about you needing to keep it open so your helpers would actually do anything, it also explained why it tanked performance on the computer
>>
>>386708974
Some anti-cheat software did this.
>>
>>386705454
You sorted an mmo addiction in 2 months?
That's pretty impressive, I've seen people go over a decade.
>>
>>386705454
Yeah, this game is shit OP. I feel bad for you, missing the glory days of MMOs. I barely made it two days into this garbage, and that's real time, not /played
>>
>>386705454
i havent played it, post a cool picture as my reward
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.