[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people pretend to hate this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

why do people pretend to hate this game?
>>
>>386701824
Because Microsoft snubbed Banjo Threeie and forced the Nuts n Bolts theme on a game that didn't want or need it. The dev interview where they reveal what happened was honestly a little depressing.
>>
>>386702009
but it's fun
>>
>>386701824
One of the best games of its generation call the cops I don't give a fuck
>>
>>386701824
Regardless of how the final game is, the teaser in '06 and the official reveal in '08 was probably one of my biggest disappointments in gaming.

Two years speculating how it'd expand and be even bigger from what Tooie was only to see the vehicle gameplay.
>>
Because it's shit?
>>
>>386702009
Source? I'm very interested.
>>
kazooie and tooie were genre defining. nuts and bolts is forgettable garbage
>>
>>386702009
>>386704852
Bullshit. It's common knowledge at this point that the direction was 100% Rare's intention, specifically Gregg Mayels's.

The Kirkhope interview on Game Grumps and other sources make that very clear.
>>
>>386701824
I'd still much rather play Yooka-Laylee because that game is what I expect from a Banjo game despite how mediocre it was.
>>
I always contemplated grabbing a copy of this back when I had a working 360 but I just never bothered. I would spend a few minutes looking at the case and always decided not to get it.
>>
>>386705101
>>386704852
There's an interview when Microsoft first gave the Banjo team room for their own project, which goes into detail of them making a sequel much like the original but on a larger scale, with more worlds and more to explore, but when they presented it to the Execs they basically got the 'Yeah sure whatever but will it sell?' treatment, and when they couldn't give a conclusive answer they were ordered to wipe most of the game and incorporate another team's project (The Nuts and Bolts part) and just get something out. Working with the other team was apparently janky and let to issues all the way up to release.
N&Bs sold rather poorly, as I recall, and as such Banjo and Kazooie have been canned. Which is really fucking sad.
>>
>>386706598
I don't know if Microsoft went THAT far into meddling, but you'd have to be pretty naive to believe someone saying "Microsoft dindu nuffin" I love Mayles and Kirkhope to death, but they both still work for Microsoft to some capacity and because of that I have to take what they said with a grain of salt. It just doesn't add up.
>>
more fun than the other two banjo games desu
>>
>>386706598
>>386706843
Rare's games were getting shittier even in the transition from N64 to GCN. Nobody blames that on Microsoft.

After the two BK games and DK64 (I really don't count Conker as a collectathon) they just wanted to do something different.
>>
>>386706843
Microsoft, and for that matter many big names like Sony, EA, Activision, etc., work a lot like that, but you don't hear anything about it nowadays because competition has increased drastically and talking bad about your bosses is likely to get you fired.
More or less, it doesn't matter how cool your idea is or how good the game could be. If the Board doesn't think it can sell then you're shit out of luck. Oh, and you probably will never be on the board, nor will anyone on your team.
>>
I don't hate it. I really enjoyed the vehicle-building and a bunch of the missions. Some of the worlds were badly constructed (Terrarium of Terror is never not going to be a labyrinthine mess to me), but were at least conceptually fresh.

However it wasn't a Banjo-Kazooie game. And worse yet was that the parts of it that WERE Banjo-Kazooie seemed to be ashamed of themselves. The entire game was comprised of Rare making jokes at their own expense - LOGBOX 720 was comprised of nothing but self-jabs about how badly Rare games had been selling recently and how they sure wished they could make a game that wasn't trash. The characters themselves took a dark turn, especially with Banjo and Kazooie growing fat and slovenly in the intervening years and becoming more self-deprecating.

It felt like when you've got one of those friends who've had a really rough time recently and they had to drop out of college because they didn't have the money or something and are watching all their friends move on without them, and they are CONSTANTLY making "jokes" about how much of a failure they are. Where you kinda have to turn to them and ask "Dude, are you okay?" That was how I felt about the humor in N&B.

...But the gameplay was good though.
>>
>>386701824
I remember that building cars was pretty fun
>>
It is repetitive, and the missions are boring.
Once you get over the construction of vehicles (which is the best part. I had way more fun messing around in Mumbo's garage than I had in any of the other levels), the game becomes a chore.

Pretending that this game can only hated because it's not Banjo 3 is an offense to videogames.
>>
File: Kameo,.jpg (191KB, 1112x1775px) Image search: [Google]
Kameo,.jpg
191KB, 1112x1775px
Kameo is the best of Rare's Microsoft output.
>>
>>386708556
Why did people hate this game anyway? I loved it. That water-themed area was so much fun, felt like a waterpark.
>>
File: gdsgd.jpg (34KB, 555x250px) Image search: [Google]
gdsgd.jpg
34KB, 555x250px
>>386708556
Fuck that game is good.

>>386709098
It's the Majora Maskfags who hate it because they claim Kameo is a baby ripoff.
>>
>>386701824
>pretend
Quite an assumption there, but the main reason is that BK fans were expecting Banjo Threeie when that trailer dropped and got something totally different. This game would probably get less flak if microsoft didn't slap BK on it and got other characters for it.
>>
File: qRLH2Oe_0.jpg (647KB, 2168x1456px) Image search: [Google]
qRLH2Oe_0.jpg
647KB, 2168x1456px
>>386708556
Meh kinda perfered ghoulies despite the hate it gets. Most people hated it because of some of the difficulty spikes in certain bullshit rules.
>>
>>386701824
I personally wast really into banjo
>>
>>386708556

Honestly if that era of Rare had just continued making Kameo and Viva Pinata to this day and let Banjo and Kazooie die, I'd be hella satisfied.

Kameo was sick. VP was amazing
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.