[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: gaben.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
gaben.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Here are some of Valve's notable games:
>Counter-Strike was originally a mod
>Team Fortress was originally a mod
>Dota was originally a mod
>Portal was originally an indie game
>Left 4 Dead was originally created by Turtle Rock Studios
>Artifact is probably going to be a Hearthstone clone

>Half-Life was an original series

Anyone see the pattern?
>>
>>386699316
Half Life is a Quake mod.
>>
You forgot
>Day of Defeat was a mod
>Deathmatch Classic is just Quake's multiplayer remade
>>
They only made Half Life. Eveything else is mods, or made by a different studio and then bought by Valve.
>>
Does no one remember Alien Swarm? It was a mod first too.
>>
They made a good engine for modding, and invested wisely in the better of the mods with those games, makes me wonder what would have happened if they invested in other great mods
>>
Team Fortress Classic was an in-house mod. Cook and Walker were working for Valve.
>>
>>386699316
>>Artifact is probably going to be a Hearthstone clone
From what I read, its more like they are trying to take everything about a MOBA and turn it into a 1v1 turn based game, its supposed to have creeps and everything.
>>
>>386699676
It started as a Quake mod, then they joined Valve.
>>
You forgot Ricochet
>>
>>386699316
Half-life was just a tech demo for their engine
>>
>>386699903
And how did Ricochet end up?
>>
>>386699528
Yeah but they were actually smart for employ modders
>>
>>386700135
The thing is, we need something new. Make a new game.
Would you buy a RPG in the style of Witcher made by them?
I would.
>>
once hl1 was a success there wasn't really a need for original games
>>
>>386699654
There were honestly too many for them to invest into. There were dozens of amazing multiplayer mods, not to mention singleplayer mods.
>>
>>386700091
Good. I liked it. I have around 12 hours in it which is quite a lot for such a small game.
>>
>>386699992
You're thinking of Half-Life 2.
>>
>>386699316
Portal was a student game not an indie game
>>
>>386699465
>>Day of Defeat
The best multiplayer FPS of all time
>>
>no Gunman Chronicles on Steam
Go fuck yourself Valve
>>
>>386699316
>>Artifact is probably going to be a Hearthstone clone
and this is where you prove youre an idiot. they already described it, its not a hearthstone clone.
>>
>>386699316
The pattern is that Valve are the only ones smart enough to know successful mods when they see them.

Blizzard had every opportunity to make something out of dota but they squandered each and every one then got so butthurt over being scooped that they tried to fucking sue valve for porting a mod and then failed at that too. What a fucking blunder of a company.
>>
>>386700091
Ricochet was fucking amazing. They always joke about making Ricochet 2, but I'd buy that shit. I'd play it more than the fucking Dota card game they're making.
>>
File: leagueofladies.jpg (419KB, 2435x724px) Image search: [Google]
leagueofladies.jpg
419KB, 2435x724px
>>386700869
>the only ones smart enough to know successful mods when they see them
>>
>>386700697
I don't think Valve owns the rights to Gunman Chronicles, and Rewolf dissolved like right after the game launched. How would they put it on Steam?
>>
>>386700854
is it a ccg with a bunch of valve propertys?
>>
>>386701302
probably
>>
>>386700697
Back in the day I bought a pack of PC games that included No One Lives Forever, Gunman Chronicles and a totally underrated Die Hard first person shooter. The pack was published by Sierra. So I wouldn't doubt if both of those games are in the same legal hell that No One Lives Forever is in.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.