[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your dream vidya situations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1475053467123.png (728KB, 960x776px) Image search: [Google]
1475053467123.png
728KB, 960x776px
>used to have group of 3-4 other guys to play regularly with
>everyone mostly gets along well
>think we're gonna explore random, weird games as a group
>everyone just wants to stick to what's new and big, CSGO, PUBG, Overwatch, etc.
>eventually everyone kinda drifts apart, the ones I knew personally just rack up thousands of hours in Dota 2 (I game/genre I cannot stand) with occasional 3-hour detours to check out a new game (GTA5, new Tomb Raider, etc.)
>gifting the games is futile, they'll try it for minutes just in order not to disappoint you
>for years I have dreamed of having bros to explore and git gud at random MP/co-op games nobody plays anymore (Daikatana, Nox, Duke 3D, etc.), or maybe even go achievement hunting in bullshit dead MP/co-op games
>Realize how unlikely my dream was, and that most people involved with vidya just want the new hotness to test their GPU, and that I'm the only one autistic enough to go looking for unusual experiences/gems of the past I never played

Where can I find people as weird as me? Adding people from /v/ was a mistake, already tried that. The only reason I lasted long with these guys from the greentext was because I knew most of them back from college
>>
>>386695213
>>group of 3-4 other guys to play regularly with
>>everyone mostly gets along well
>>think we're gonna explore random, weird games as a group
>>everyone just wants to stick to what's new and big, CSGO, PUBG, Overwatch, etc.
Hey it's me.
>>
>>386695213
For real, you get lucky. Finding people who wanna do that who aren't annoying as hell is rare.
>>
>>386695213
Try /vr/, ya' putz.
>>
>>386695334
>>386695443

I like many new games and have a good PC, but I just can't change interests at their breakneck pace. I want to get to autistically know a game that appeals to me on all levels. They'll drop 100 hours in Heartstone one month, 100 in Overwatch the next, etc. I have no idea how they can have such intense (if momentary) interest on a wide range of games, their tastes are either incredibly broad or they're just suckers for new

Or maybe I'm just the sperg
>>
File: 1492919221442.jpg (18KB, 379x374px) Image search: [Google]
1492919221442.jpg
18KB, 379x374px
>>386695213
Is it even possible to hook up things like Duke Nukem 3D for online networked play?

Sounds cool but it sounds like it would sound like it requires a bunch of ancient networking voodoo that is theoretically possible but in actuality no one would want to try to fuck around with.
>>
>>386695581
>Is it even possible to hook up things like Duke Nukem 3D for online networked play?

Absolutely. Essentially every sourceport allows it, the Steam versions allow it (both Megaton and Randy's scam edition), etc.

You really thought a game that popular would have no modern option for netplay? A game that got its source code released, no less
>>
>>386695213
I wanna fuck Miku.
>>
File: luckystar14_256.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
luckystar14_256.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I just wish there were more 4-player local games. We're running out of 5th and 6th gen stuff.
>>
>>386695213
Try to find autistic friends, Megaweebs, Furries, Horsefuckers are a good place to start, But you'll have to dig though the Submissive-depressives, Egomanics and ERPers to find the decent ones who will play obscure shit with you.
>>
>>386696009
Mentally ill people are not good vidyabros. All eventually become passive-aggressive assholes
>>
>>386695213
Post your steam nerd
>>
>>386695334
>>386695213

>HEY, Id like to do this
>Shit me too!
>Ok, bye
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.