[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss this game so fucking much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 83612561.jpg (168KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
83612561.jpg
168KB, 800x600px
I miss this game so fucking much
>>
tell us a story about how it was back in the old days, anon!
>>
File: campfire.gif (222KB, 576x438px) Image search: [Google]
campfire.gif
222KB, 576x438px
>>386693975
forgot image
>>
>>386693975
>>386694094
I fucking love SWG stories. Like EVE, it was a game that was mostly boring but had the potential to create amazing moments.
>>
>>386693789
me too famalam. lots of good memories and feels. iw ill never forgive soe for shitting on it
>>
>>386693975
He built that Tie Fighter with his bare hands. No micro transactions needed.
>>
File: video-chewbacca-500x281.png (200KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
video-chewbacca-500x281.png
200KB, 500x281px
>>386693975
Back in the days before The Old Republic, we had Star Wars Galaxies.
I had a wookie and was like the Red Baron on Naboo the only way you were getting past me was with an army. Soon enough someone had grouped together a bunch of Tie Fighters and were trying to hunt me down. They honestly thought they could take down a Havoc, but they weren't prepared for the shitshow they were about to put on.
Each one of them tried to fly me into the other's firing line, but I was too skilled to be tricked like that. I did a quick turn to make them shoot each other, the bastards had no trigger discipline and killed each other, leaving one left for me to handle.
>He gets behind me again
>I see a gunship approaching Naboo
>It's Alliance
>I start guiding the Tie towards him
>fingers start to get itchy
>hear the Tie Fighter shoot
>I pull down so the shot hits the gunship
>Gunship starts to engage the Tie
>they're both killing each other
>I thrust towards them
>take out the Tie fighter
>gunship seems to be more skilled
>barely avoiding his shots
>see no other ships around us
>I circle around him a little before ramming into the side of him
>we both die
>>
>>386693789
Thought I heard about some server for this years ago.
>>
>>386695505
Forgot to say i only wore the Wookie Life Day robe
>>
File: time is valuable.jpg (30KB, 315x465px) Image search: [Google]
time is valuable.jpg
30KB, 315x465px
>>386693975
> me and five or so friends start a gang
> sometimes we would go out and just hunt womp rats togther.
> generally just helped each other out
> save up and we all get speeder bikes.
> one time buddy got too drunk and agroe'd a mob. None of us wanted to risk our new bikes so we kinda just rode around him in circles as he ran for dear life.
> Eventually the clan got bigger. We found a plot of land. Built ourselves some homes and stores etc.
> We all agreed my roommate should be elected mayor. He was damn good at it. Was fair and effective.
> Soon we each filled our roles. My brother was the first to become a Jedi. Took him what felt like years.
> Jedis could be hunted in-game by bounty hunters. One we badgered him to show us what he could do, so he took us out to a dune hill and did some kickass Jedi shit.
> Of course we were swarmed by bounty hunters. Even though we got our asses handed to us, it felt cool to PvP next to a "real" Jedi.
> He got pretty good at it. Could "summon" these really kick ass spells and effects.
> Eventually space travel got introduced and by then we had all saved up enough to buy ourselves a guild fleet.
> I remember I got too drunk to remember how to land. I ended up alt-F4ing to desktop and when I came back, the game just loaded my character next to my crashed ship. It was expensive, but so funny it was almost worth it.
> The rest of the guys never let me live that one down.

Sadly, the devs made a shit load of unnecessary changes that made the game neigh enjoyable. We started logging in less and less. Eventually, some of us stopped completely. I remember near the end, I still had a subscription, just never played.

One day my Jedi friend called me up IRL on the phone. He asked me to log in "at least one last time" because he wanted to show me something he was really proud of.

When I logged into my character, I went rode the monorail out to a city I never visited. He sent me his coordinates and rode out for what felt like d
>>
>>386695576
>>386693789
SWGEmu, not a huge playerbase, but it exists.
>Spent a good three months a couple years back idling in a cantina as a Twi'lek dancer, dancing and buffing for tips and bullshitting with other players.
Good times.
>ywn discover youtube for the the first time through this video ever again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9XTeeA43o
>>
File: 1396833962555.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1396833962555.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>386693789
>mfw I remember the chill as fuck guild I had that payed my in game bills and shit when couldn't play because IRL poor
>mfw the game shut down when I couldn't afford to play and I never got to say goodbye
>>
As do I OP. As do I. Remains one of the greatest games I've ever played.
>>
>>386695906
That manages to be a better animation than those new WoW fan videos
>>
>>386695825
serious?
>>
Imperial Bounty Hunter who hunted Jedi in the early days reporting in. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a game was hunting down and killing other players for money. I remember chasing one Jedi to Endor and had an epic battle with him in the middle of the forest.
>>
>Be dicking about on Naboo for some reason
>5 guys in speeders swing by and ask for my help because I'm a rebel
>"Sure I guess"
>Tag along with them as we ride along
>Every so often another group of 4 or 5 people merges with ours
>In the end it's actually a really fucking big group
>What did I get myself involved with?
>Our destination turned out to be Theed Palace
>Guarded by an equally big mass of Imperials
>AT-STs, Rancors, you name it, it was there
>A slight pause between the sides
>Then all hell breaks loose
>In part because I have no idea what's going on and also because I was mainly a doctor, I rapidly duck off to a side alley to sit and watch the carnage unfold
>Eventually a single half-dead Imperial guy has the same idea
>We are suddenly the fastest of friends as I patch him up and we just watch the madness together

Eventually I learned it was some big RP event between two guilds with a hostage or something inside the palace itself. It was pretty neat seeing it played out live as much as I don't care about the RP side of things.
>>
>Dark Horse adapts crazy EVE stories into a comic
>No one has adapted Star Wars Galaxy stories into comics
>>
>ywn sit around Moenia while a big mob of people follow a jedi around waiting for a TEF to gank him while he farms nargles again

maaaan.

even the Emulator is lame, it's STILL unfinished, and if they ever add Jedi everyone will know exactly how to do it in a week.
>>
This game taught me that a game doesn't have to look nice, it just has to be fun.
>>
>>386697318
I convinced that nothing like SWG or WoW vanilla could ever happen again. Everyone is clued into the internet and everything is datamined so nothing stays hidden anymore. It's not just things like becoming a Jedi, but loot tables, spawns and so on.
>>
>yfw game literally died overnight after hologrinding was discovered
>>
>>386693789
I tried SWGEMU. It's grindy shit but it's alright for a Star Wars sandbox. The biggest problem is that everyone gets 10 character slots so the in-game economy is totally broken when everyone can have 10 characters to craft everything they need.
>>
File: skill_tree.png (103KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
skill_tree.png
103KB, 500x387px
Really liked the profession system. I was a TKM and had some points in commando so I could shoot particle cannons at people before pulling out the vibroknucklers when they got close.
>>
>>386699449
>making loads of credits as an Image Designer changing people's hair and face and shit.

I don't know how long I played before even stepping foot outside of a major city.
>>
>>386696709
This is what MMO's need
>>
>>386699823
What I really loved about the game is how so many roles were filled by actual players instead of a npc. Doctors, dancers, image designers, architects and taking a speeder to a weaponsmith's house made it feel like an actual world you shared with other players.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.