[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project PlaySmash The successor to PlayStation All-Stars Battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 8

File: 51610033_Alt07[1].jpg (16KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
51610033_Alt07[1].jpg
16KB, 520x520px
Project PlaySmash

The successor to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Sceduled for an October reveal, with the gameplay reveal at PSX. Expected to release Fall 2018.

Characters in the demo include

>Kratos
>Parappa
>Crash
>Spyro
>Aloy
<Nathan Drake
>Ratchet
>Morgana
>Noctis

Stages include
>Crash X Horizon Zero Dawn
>Persona X WipEout
>Tearaway X Vib Ribbon
>PlayStation Arena

The CG trailer will be Kratos, Morgana, Crash and Aloy fighting in a forest.

Gameplay will now feature life bars. Characters now have only one super attack (like the level 3 from the previous game). The game is more fluid and fast than the first game. Along with the artstyle being more unified.

Note that this info is compiled from a journalist who posted on /v/ who has seen the demo.
>>
File: 1486132958527[1].png (353KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
1486132958527[1].png
353KB, 1280x642px
>>386689124
Will Spike look like this?
>>
>>386689124
>2017
>still no Metal Gear rep
Is Sony even trying?
>>
File: 1438958794357.jpg (130KB, 960x849px) Image search: [Google]
1438958794357.jpg
130KB, 960x849px
>source is anonymous post on a Korean duck hunting forum claiming to have seen a demo
>>
>>386689192
Yes, but with a bigger butt and he's fuck Kat, who else gets a big butt.
>>
File: 1362194864229.png (135KB, 334x428px) Image search: [Google]
1362194864229.png
135KB, 334x428px
Oh boy I can't wait to play as my Sony favorites like Cloud, Solid Snake, and Ryu.
>>
Didn't the first game fail? Why the hell would Sony even try again?
>>
>>386689301
Have you seen the previous threads? Guy goes into so much detail, more than your average leak. This isn't Smash Bros where some random joe goes out of his way to say Ren and Stimpy are in Smash out of the blue.
>>
A smash bros. game with PlayStation characters is way better than regular smash.

Problem is they fucked up with the shitty unbalanced super system from the last game.
>>
>>386689345
It was profitable and sold over a million
>>
>>386689426
Could you link them?
>>
>>386689124

Here are the oringal threads. Please read them before asking stuff.

>>385434509
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/386395842#top
>>386586742
>>
>>386689580
1st thread: >>385449626
2nd thread: >>386402651
3rd thread: >>386589478
>>
>>386689750
I'm the real leaker, this guy is a fake.
Did you know that Spike and Kat will have big booties in the upcoming game?
>>
>>386689832
Naw dude, I'm the real leaker because I was "The leak anon" last thread. Also same IP, but that doesn't mean shit since I had no trip code.
>>
>>386689204
We don't know the entire roster yet
>>
>>386689124
>PlaySmash
>Smash
Nice one my man :^)
>>
>>386689962
I don't understand. Sony has no business reason to make this game since the first failed.
>>
>>386689962
What did your colleagues think of the game, or you aren't allowed to tell them that this game exists?

Did that Mario Rabbids feature that you were supposed to write go up?
>>
>>386690241
The first game did not fail like games that have actually failed. The game managed to sell decently, and since then Sony have managed to work out what went wrong.

Sony finally decided it was time to put together a far superior Smash clone after the info getting out about the Switch/NX release and what could possibly come from it. GameArts were given the opportunity and have studied where the first game went wrong.

>Not enough recognisable or relevant characters
>Not enough Japanese support
>Supers required to kill
>Ugly models
>Inconsistent styles

From what I've seen from the small demo shown, this is going to be FAR better than the original. Also has more recognisable characters, meaning more likely to sell more.
>>
>>386689750
All the specific details that aren't from the trailer or the gameplay you learned from the developers during the Q and A?

Also do grabs do damage now, or do they still take away super meter
>>
>>386690375
The colleagues who couldn't go aren't allowed to hear about it, unless they have signed an NDA as well.

The Mario and Rabbids feature will be going up online a week before launch, and is awaiting approval from Ubisoft
>>
>>386690676
I learned quite a bit from studying the gameplay, and learned some tidbits about how the combat and controls work from the Q and A session.
>>
>>386690676
Also, yeah grabs do a bit of damage.
>>
>>386690771
Are you sure they took note on what went wrong with the first game? Sony acts like the original game never existed.

Wouldn't it make more sense that they would just start fresh without looking at the first game.

Also about returning characters, have they said the ones who don't return at launch could be free DLC, or paid DLC?
>>
>>386690985
What were the grab animations like?
>>
>>386691018
I agree it would be better to start fresh for a sequel. Sony I feel would acknowledge the sequel more if it manages to make back majority of it's profit, and score well with reviews.

Characters from the first game who don't return at launch will be brought back as free DLC if demand for said character is high enough.
>>
>>386691231
The grab works similarly to the last game where you use the right analog to grab in a certain direction. The animations for the grab are as you would expect from the last game.

For example, I rember Crash performing a slam on Kratos as his down throw. I also remember Morgana throwing Crash in the air and then shooting him with his slingshot as his up throw. Pretty creative stuff.
>>
Everyone on these threads likes to forget that GameArts tweeted they aren't working on this game.
>>
You guys believe this? GameArts has said like 10 times they aren't making the game. This isn't a Jaffe situation, they aren't working on the game. Sorry/
>>
>>386691456
Do I have to repeat myself every thread about why GameArts deny working on it?
>>
>>386691626
Are there any concerns you have with the game so far?
>>
>>386689124
>PlayStation All-Stars: Electric Literally Who? 2
>>
>>386691809
At the moment not really. I'm pretty positive about it so far. It really depends what could happen down the line as more stuff is revealed. What could have been other great characters like Lammy, Klonoa, potential SEGA character, etc could instead be filler characters from unimportant games.

I would hang myself if for example they put in a Gearbox character, A 2K character, A Skylander or another case of Evil Cole.
>>
>>386692014
>>PlayStation All-Stars: Electric Literally Who? 2
>Cause all the generic Fire Emblem characters are iconic.
>>
Sorry to keep doubting you but there's a video here https://youtu.be/QiaDSmbgyMg that in ways matches your description of the demo you saw. Will PSASBR 2 look anything like the footage shown here?

And is there any way you can confirm what you saw on any other site so we know that you're hopefully telling the truth?
>>
>>386692046
You asked about Evil Cole right? I assume he isn't returning.

When you mention Klonoa and Lammy, are they characters you want or characters the developers want?
>>
>>386692234
That is literally nothing like the trailer he describe lol.
>>
>>386692046
Sorry to keep doubting you but there's a video here https://youtu.be/QiaDSmbgyMg [Embed] that in ways matches your description of the demo you saw. Will PSASBR 2 look anything like the footage shown here?

And is there any way you can confirm what you saw on any other site so we know that you're hopefully telling the truth?
>>
>>386692046
Your description of the CG trailer in the last thread,
it seems to match the criteria of the original Title Fight trailer
>Kratos is walking in a forest
>gets attacked by Parappa
>then both get attacked by another person
>>
>>386692407
Well of course it's not a complete replica but notice how Kratos is walking alone in the train station with trees/forest and then is attacked by PaRappa/Morrigan and then both are ambushed by Fat Princess/Aloy. It seems coincidental and that the leaker just changed a few things from this trailer and put his own stuff, just lettting that out there
>>
>>386692562
There we go, Thank You
>>
>>386692046
Why did Sony choose GameArts as the developer of the game? I thought they would just do what nintendo did for sm4sh and let Namco develop it.
>>
>>386692234
>>386692562

That footage seems to be an earlier version of the first game. The demo for the sequel looks much better than this. A lot faster, and has better lighting and camera.

If I was able to sneak photos whilst I was there, I would have certainly uploaded them. I couldn't though, since there was various Sony employees around the room looking at us in case we get cameras or phones out.

tl;dr I don't have any video or photos to prove I'm not BSing, but I want you to believe me with what info I can share.
>>
>>386692820
GameArts were approached as were many other studios. Namco had too much on their hands, CapCom were fully booked with work on a different IP, so they approached a studio with history of Smash Bros.
>>
My name wasn't on my posts I just made because I took off the name to respond to a different thread. Fuck.
>>
>>386692970
And how do you know that? It's weird for Sony to say what other studios that passed on the opportunity in the presentation of the chosen developer.
>>
>>386692330
They were examples given by the developers, but they also happen to be characters I also want to see as well. This doesn't confirm they're in the game though.
>>
>>386692825
are you the Leak Anon/main up-loader here? If you are your username just says Anonymous.
>>
>>386693092
GameArts mentioned it in their presentation on the part of how they managed to be chosen to make the game.

>>386693185
That was me. I took the name off to respond to another thread. Sorry about that.
>>
oh nevermind Haha
>>
>>386693270
How better will the marketing for this game be? Has Sony detailed anything on that? The last game was marketed like shit with the game being rushed and poorly produced. Why should we have confidence that they won't fuck it up this time.
>>
Alright then, it sucks you don't have any actual real confirmation so now, gonna take what you say with a grain of salt due to all these other fake rumors/leaks in the past and lack of information, Thank You for replying :)
>>
>>386693270
We know that characters will return, but how about stages? Have they've given any hints on future stages?
>>
>>386693489
Sony said during the presentation that they plan to promote this game through e sports, though personally I wish them luck on that. They also mention basic shit like YouTube and Twitter advertising, posters in major cities, one of those public stunt adverts which they have not detailed anything about, touring the game along with other PS4 games around the country, etc.
>>
>>386693653
They didn't talk too much about stages other than what they have planned for layouts and hazards, etc. I would imagine them releasing stages as DLC in the future, along with bringing some stages back.
>>
>>386693674
Does Parappa not look "off"? Is he still 2D like Game and Watch?

Do you think trying to promote it as an e-sport is a bad idea? Or should they let the community decide how the game goes competitively?
>>
>>386693919
Parappa looks way more 2D than the mess that was his model in the first game. It's like the ripped him out of Parappa on PS1, made the textures HD, and made his face have more animated movement. Parappa looks pretty great this time round.

As for this game as an e sport, I think it's better to let the FGC decide on that. It would suck for Sony to try and push a tournaKent super hard at an event like Evo, only for nobody to give a shit.
>>
>>386693836
Why do we have to wait so long to find out if this is true? I want to find out today so bad!

Also is the score system 2 points for kill and -1 per death? Or was the scoring different in your match?
>>
>>386689124
>Play Smash
Good advice.
>>
>>386694150
wait so PaRappa is paper flat like in his original games in PSASBR 2 now? how come? the reason he was given a slight redesign/more thickness was because the team back then couldn't implement PaRappa as paper being paper flat, how come he's able to be paper thin flat now?
>>
>>386694304
The scoring system was like the first game. It counts how many kill you deaths you have. If someone has more kills and less deaths apthan everyone, they are the ones who would win the match. If someone got more kills but more deaths and someone got less kills but less deaths, it would end up with overtime.
>>
>>386693836
In the CG trailer, the eyes that show up in the end are they character silhouettes of other characters or just generic silhouettes.

Let's say the trailer doesn't appear in October, do you think that they postponed it for PSX? Will you come back here in October and tell us to still believe you?
>>
This is no different from the other fake PSASBR 2 leaks.
>>
>>386694580
What makes your leak more legitimate than the other PSASBR2 leaks?
>>
Don't listen to that guy, I'm the real leaker. Here's the final roster:

Crash
Cortex
Spyro
Ripto
Parappa
Master Onion
Sir Daniel
Jill Valentine
Sweet Tooth
Robbit
Blasto
Dart
Abe
Jak and Daxter
Sly
Bently
Ratchet and Clank
Captain Qwark
Kratos
Zeus
Ico
Dante
Haseo
Maximo
Carl Johnson
Amaterasu
Sackboy
John Marston
Nathan Drake
Nadine
Cole
Evil Cole
Chaotic Neutral Cole
Joel and Ellie
Bouncer
Kat
Iota
Monster Hunter protag
God Eater protag
Knack
Bloodborne Hunter
Aloy
Brom
Noctis
Morgana
Kazuma Kiryu
The Dark Sorcerer
ACO Protag
Norman Reedus
Runan
Arkis
Garo
Kreiss
Sasha
Lee
Raffin
DLC: Ricky Bobby
>>
>>386694521
The team at GameArts managed to get way of handling animation on a 2D plane in a 3D space, and used that discovery make Parappa and potentially Lammy look more 2D and good at the same time. It's really impressive looking stuff.

>>386694602
The silhouettes look generic, but I think they're supposed to be like that so people will start to anticipate what characters will there be or who will these four be fighting?

If there is no video in October, I will check /v/ again to see what is happening. If everyone forgot then I will leave this behind me until PSX. If everyone is calm about it possibly being delayed, I will still stick around and chat. If everyone is pissed at me, I think I will just screencap the rage. Lol
>>
>>386694150
What did the other people who saw this game think of it? Did they like it as much as you?
>>
>>386694815
Whether I'm legit or not is all up to October and the release of the CG teaser. I bet a lot of you will forget about me if it's fake, but if it's real you'll all remember this leak.

>>386694903
>That many characters

>>386694989
The other people didn't really play the first game like I did. They liked the look of this one, but I liked it far more than they did since I could see the differences and improvements.
>>
>>386694963
Do you really swear on your life that this game is real? Multiple people have said that this game is happening for the past 4 years but they always turned out to be lying. The psas community really wants one of these rumors to be true man. We've been burned too many times.
>>
>>386694963
Game Arts was a studio that assisted with Brawl. word your post better so it doesn't look like you're trying to insinuate that they have something to do with Royale.

It's relatively easy to do 2D animation in a 3D space, so of course they could make him flat if they wanted to. haha you're really not fooling anyone but if this is your way of having fun, then knock yourself out
>>
>>386695240
I swear on my life that this game exists. The only way this couldn't possibly come to life is if the game actually gets cancelled in production. It would blow if somehow this game got cancelled before announcement, but the progress and the partnerships don't seem likely for cancellation.
>>
>>386695221
Will be seeing the game again anytime soon?
>>
>>386695221
Do you think the cut DLC from PSASBR 1 such as Dart Feld (The Legend Of Dragoon), Abe (OddWorld), and the Hekseville/Gravity Rush X Journey stage will appear here in PSASBR 2?
>>
Please, make Spike and Kat cute friends.
>>
>>386695450
I don't think so. I would have been told if I am so then I could put it on my calendar for planning ahead. The next time I might be able to see the game is PSX.
>>
>>386695410
Anyway that it could legitimately leak from now-October/PSX? Or is Sony really trying to keep it as big of a secret as they are. Kinda seems excessive coming from them.
>>
>>386695462
They have a possibility since they're part of PlayStation history, but keep in mind that Sony also wants GameArts to add basically advertisement characters as well. They plan of having a ballot system in the game as well, so if the community is vocal enough they could make it in.
>>
>>386695410
Do you see this game getting delayed from Fall 2018?

How did the kills happen if you remember? Like do you remember any memorable deaths?
>>
>>386695662
Games could get leaked at any time. Sony are good at keeping things undercover most of the time, but other things like info on PS4 Pro leaking and someone with their hands on a PS4 slim before announcement are recent examples of Sony stuff being leaked.
>>
>>386689426
He also contradicted himself many times.
>>
>>386695842
By that do you mean how do the DEATH animations go? If so, characters will collapse on the ground or fall if they're in air and they will vanish into PlayStation icon particles.
>>
>>386695938
Could you give some examples of supposed contradictions?
>>
>>386695714 When PSX comes along, where/when do you think the PSASBR 2 trailer will be shown? very beginning? middle? at the very end?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170809-201621.png (320KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170809-201621.png
320KB, 1440x2560px
>Game Arts
Oh boy, it's this fucking faggot again.

EVERYONE GO HOME, OP IS A LYING PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>386695978
Why did auto correct put death in capitals?

>>386696047
I have a feeling it will be saved for the middle. The beginning always goes for a trailer for a hyped existing game or for an expansion to an existing game, and the end is always for the announcement of a big triple A title. Crash was shown in the middle last year as well.
>>
>>386696120
To be fair, the leaker here said that Game Arts will not reveal anything about them working on a PSASBR 2 even before Game Arts denied all this
>>
>>386696120
Sorry that you're the only smart one here, people are too blinded by their hopes and dreams.
>>
>>386695978
If you're lying, just tell us now instead of stringing us along for months. Just please let us know if you're lying or not. The PSAS community doesn't need another BS rumor right now.
>>
So Fat Princess is returning right? I need my fat girl in this game.
>>
>>386696239
how come you don't exactly know when the trailer's gonna be shown? they didn't tell you? ounce they do tell you that information, mind telling us when it's gonna debut at PSX here in the beginning, middle, or end?
>>
>>386696241
Gee, maybe because he's lying? I'm almost convinced you're just samefagging with two different names at this point to get a response from me and perpetuate this horseshit.

>>386696289
I'd love another ASBR, but faggots like OP should really fuck off from stringing gullible people along and getting their hopes up.
>>
>>386696239
Do the characters talk during the match? Like not talk to eachother, but when someone gets a kill do they say something? In the last game characters had voice lines during the match. And are they clearer this time? The last game sometimes the audio for the voice lines wasn't great or loud enough.
>>
>>386696684
Lol why the fuck would anyone know the order of the PSX announcements you dumbass.
>>
>>386696793
I feel like with the PSAS community, PSX this year is the last chance of this happening. Cause if it's not there the game will never happen at this point. So they'll eat up fucking anything.
>>
>>386696516
If I tell you it's fake, will the reveal trailer in October become more of a surprise to you and other people? I'd recommend believing this is fake, but I know this is real as I saw everything with my own eyes. I want you all to think this is fake now so you guys can live your lives pondering if I'm telling the truth. I know that the PSAS community have been dying for sequel. I know you're all tired of these rumours and leaks that might not even by true. I fully understand that, as I a, a fan of the game as well. I'm just really just excited, that's all.

I'm risking my job to tell you all about this game. I really have high hopes for this game. I want you all to be just as excited as I am. Even then I still know that you're tired of fake news and would rather not hear how Morgana is in the game and how the Crash stage crosses over with HZD.

For those who believe in me, thank you. Thank you for giving me your trust. Those who do not trust me, I fully support your decision. It's right of you to choose not to believe what you read on /v/.
>>
>>386696793
Damn. Naw man I'm a different person. I do as well hope that a PSASBR 2 will happen in the future :)
>>
>>386696818
Yup, those lines are there still. This time though, characters don't speak over each other and volume mixing is much better in this game.

>>386696684
I wasn't told anything about PSX trailer orders. That's something Sony discusses to themselves in preparation of the event, not the developers.
>>
>>386697054
Damn. Since we squeezed like almost any detail out of you? Is there anything else you remember that you think you haven't said? Anything that people may have missed from the previous threads?
>>
>>386697054
Damn. Thank You so much for spending your own time on this site and telling us all this information :) I'm very excited to see what's gonna happen at PSX :)
>>
>>386697054
Thanks for giving us this info. I still have my doubts, but thanks for making people at least excited for the possibility of PSAS2.

Did the CG trailer have the look of the intro cinematic of the first game?

If they have to release the trailer since the rights expire, when do you think it was made? And which studio made it?
>>
>>386697659
There really isn't that much left to say. In the span on four threads, I've been pumping out as much info as I can. If someone can scan through every post of the last threads and this one, and can compile it into an image or pastebin file, that would be helpful for many others.

>>386697773
No problem! Thank you for sticking around! :)
>>
>>386698083
Can't wait to see how all the characters look in one game. Dynamic lighting on Morgana, and actual 2-D Parappa sounds great.
>>
>>386697894
The CG trailer looked way more cinematic than the previous game. Better animation, models, lighting, etc. I recall being told it was done by Marza Animaton. Looking them up shows they did CG for Sonic and Miku, along with some other stuff. The animation would have had to be made from March and finished by September.
>>
>>386698083
Which other Sony characters do you personally want to see? I personally want to see Chimera Hybrid and Bloodborne Hunter.

I don't want to see ad characters like Spider-Man and Days Gone guy.
>>
>>386698394
Other than Lammy and Klonoa, I wouldn't mind seeing Coco, 2B, some other JRPG characters and maybe a character from a previous Persona game.
>>
>>386698543
Have they said they are going be multiple characters from some franchises? Like Ratchet and Dr.Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank for example? Or just one character per franchise.
>>
>>386698645
I think they will be able to do multiple per series. The last game's problem was time constraints and having to add in as many IPs as possible thanks to Sony.
>>
>>386698543
How much content will there be at launch other than characters and stages? Anything about modes, costumes, customization intros and outros etc.
>>
>>Kratos
>>Parappa
>>Crash
>>Spyro
>>Aloy
><Nathan Drake
>>Ratchet
>>Morgana
>>Noctis

The state of Sony city LMAO
>>
>>386698974
>>>Parappa
>>>Crash
>>>Spyro
>>>Aloy
>><Nathan Drake
>>>Ratchet
>>>Morgana
>>>Noctis

That's a fucking awesome list of characters
>>
>>386698924
There's going to be way of customising your profile, like background designs for your card, an icon and a title to go with it. There will be different outfits variations like the first game, but I have not been shown them at all.
>>
>>386698761
You described Morgana's moveset in the past but could you give us a little more detail? How much damage does he deal? Is he quick and nimble?
>>
>>386697054
Does the Battle Theme in Persona sound cool in the Mementos stage?
>>
>>386699209
Morgana is a fairly quick character, though not the fastest one planned according to the developers. (Hopefully Sonic isn't in this game) His melee weapon does pretty average damage, long ranged attack does more damage if the hitbox hits at the perfect spot, his Persona attacks do a good deal of damage, his grab does average throw damage and all out attack in his super move does a great deal of damage.
>>
>>386699430
The instrumental remix of Last Surprise sound pretty great, and it transitions to WipeOut music pretty seemlessly.
>>
>>386699472
In the match you saw, who deals the most damage? Do characters have the same amout of health or different (Like Kratos may have 100HP but Crash has 110 HP)?

Anything else on Crash's moveset? Is he also a quick character, how does his Crash of the Titans combat look compared to his moves from the classic trilogy?
>>
>>386699472
does everyone have same/similar running speeds as in the first game?

and do you think Knack will be a playable character? I heard that implementing his game style will be.... hard to do Haha
>>
>>386699560
Any music in the menu's at all? Also do you know anything about the controls? Same controls as the last game presumably?
>>
>>386699835
Yes I'd like to know more about the movement? In the last game it felt like every character moved at the same speed and had the same weight. Is it changed for this game?
>>
>>386699560
Did you hear any info on the other characters from the other members of the press that were there?
>>
>>386699472
Do you characters like Delsin and the Bloodborne Hunter are likely?
>>
>>386700012
I don't know myself. I'm personally fine with the movement speed here but if they made them go faster then that's all fine by me haha.
>>
>>386699760
Characters in the demo all had the same amount of HP it seems. The moves between all the characters seemed to be very balanced as well, with each kind of variation of attacks doing roughly about the same amount of damage per character with a few variations of damage numbers here and there.

Crash's move from Crash of the Titans have been made to fit the original Crash design in terms of animation and style. Things like kicking and punching looks way less silly than it did in that game.

>>386699835

Characters all had roughly about the same speed, with some variations like Kratos being a tiny bit slower and Morgana being a tiny bit faster, whilst Crash was just about avaerage.

I don't know about Knack being in the game. He might cause fps drops like he does in his own game. Lol

>>386699875
There was no music yet. Menu music and the game's theme was still being made apparently. Also yeah same control scheme as the last game.

>>386700180
Other members of the press seemed to be mostly talking about how cool the characters looked and how fun the game will be. I was told by some that other characters I didn't see who were in the first game like Parappa and Ratchet kept their old moves, but others weren't that helpful. They just said "Oh, they have moves from their game. You know them, right?"

I had to give them the "No, I don't fucking know you dunce" look.
>>
>>386699472
With Vib Ribbon being in a stage crossover, does that imply to you that more lesser known Sony games (like Blasto, Mark of Kri, Jumping Flash, and War of the Monsters) will be represented in some way?

Or is Vib Ribbon in there cause Shawn Layden is a huge fan of that game.
>>
>>386700414
Bloodborne is pretty popular, so I'd imagine so. If not, people would likely vote for them in a possible ballot.
>>
>>386692086
Marth and Ike are pretty iconic. The rest aren't as "literally who" as morgana or noctis.
>>
>>386700702
I wouldn't know about that unfortunately. Sorry. You and I will have to wait and see.
>>
>>386689124
>Note that this info is compiled from a journalist who posted on /v/ who has seen the demo.

Fake.
>>
>>386700816
>Final Fantasy XV global sales: 4.72 million
>Fire Emblem Awakening global sales: 2.06 million

Hmmm
>>
File: Joker.(Persona.5).full.2039473.jpg (207KB, 786x912px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.(Persona.5).full.2039473.jpg
207KB, 786x912px
I hope that Joker (Persona 5) is playable. I mean, Joker can pretty much be considered the "mascot of Playstation" at this point since Persona 5 is the highest rated PS4 exclusive released in the recent years.
>>
>>386700645
Was this the first secret project you've seen as a games journalist?

How is your job like? How long have you done it? Does it pay well and is it as bad as everyone says? Do you think journalists get a bad rep. from people?
>>
>>386700748
This game good for like 2 million+ copies from what you have seen?

You said they are aiming for a summer/autumn release date. You think they will hit the mark or get delayed to early 2019?
>>
>>386701141
This wasn't the first time I have been involved with a secret project. My first secret project was The Last Of Us, but this was a few months before the game was coming out.

My job is alright, mainly because I haven't attentioned whored on Twitter to get into drama purposely or focused entirely around gender politics. I think it's understandable why games journalists are given bad rep, though it's a shame the turds in the business have become more vocals than others like me. The job pays well depending on your position. I'm not going to state how much though, but it's enough to live a pretty comfy life.
>>
Why are people interested in this when psabr was such unabashed trash
>>
>>386701442
I wouldn't be too surprised if the game gets delayed to Holiday 2018, and would be a wise time with all the Christmas shopping. Right now, the game looks like it could outsell Sm4sh Wii U. I only say that though mainly because PS4 has a larger user base, but it's still great looking regardless.

If it were delayed further however, I would be a tad bit concerned.
>>
There doesn't seem to be much being asked now. I think I will take this time to rest. I will see you next time maybe. Whenever I see a thread pop up I guess.
>>
>>386701458
Do you think people are going to get turned off that it's not a percentage system like in smash? Some people think that they should have just copied smash all the way?

Have they said they are balancing the game for 1v1 or FFA? Also can there be tag battles like in the last game?
>>
File: 1500603620343.webm (2MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1500603620343.webm
2MB, 1000x562px
>>386689124
Add Snake, Cloud, Sora, Ryu, 2B, and Kat pls.

Also, I care less about the roster, and more about the gameplay. Will it be s competitively viable platform fighter? Will it be the n Smash-killer?

Is it as fast as webm related?
>>
>>386701515
Because to use PlayStation Fans, PSASBR is Unabashed GOLD!
...wait
XD
>>
>>386689337
I genuinely want those 3 in.
>>
>>386702038
I'll answer this one then. Some people maybe put off there not being a percentage system, but I personally don't mind when clone games try something different.

Also yes, they are working on balancing every thing wrong with the previous game.
>>
>>386702059
I can't watch webms on mobile right now. I will view it next time I'm on my PC. I judging though that it's really fast? If yes, this game won't be THAT fast.
>>
>>386689426
They do this every year you fucking newfag. It's bait that every single year retards like you fall for.
>>
gameplay wise, will this be more of the same boring ass shit?
>>
>>386702367
I personally prefer the health bar system, too many Smash clones copy the percent without fully understanding why Smash does it.

Health works just fine for platform fighters too, and in fact opens up many more options for combat and stage design.

Stamina matches in Project M were great, and Jump Ultimate Stars was a lot of fun.

Health makes the game easier to balance in terms of combos too. I just hope it has traditional fighting game mechanics, like high/low blocks and a lot of other neat nuanced stuff.
>>
>>386702880
I didn't notice any high or low blocks unfortunately, but I agree with life bars being better for clone games. I do think though that Rivals of Aether manages to pull the whole percent thing off well.
>>
Personally I wouldn't mind if they stuck to the super system mode from the 1st PSASBR, that game-play was so much fun
>>
>>386703762
No, it made the game impossible to play competitively as kills could only be earned with supers, which made matches incredibly annoying to watch and play.

It's very easy to avoid supers.
>>
I also do hope everything gets balanced out in this one as well. i.e Nathan Drake, Kat, Kratos, Sackboy, etc
>>
>>386689124
>buying the shitty Smash clone
>Wanting to buy it again
See, this is why people laugh at Sony fans. Go preorder the Emoji Movie 2 tickets and do something else.
>>
>>386703943
As a casual player, I was totally fine with it. Plus watching other people playing it I thought was very fun. Of course I would love to have a super/health mode much like something such as Marvel vs Capcom but Yea, I'm totally fine if they stick to the old roots.
>>
File: Patrick Star.jpg (7KB, 236x178px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick Star.jpg
7KB, 236x178px
>>386699472
> (Hopefully Sonic isn't in this game)
watch them add Shadow
>>
>>386704117
>stop liking things I don't like
I'm fine with Sony giving it another go, we could use more platform fighters. Nintendo is unwilling to make a competitive game out of Smash, so more companies trying their hand at it and expanding the genre is GOOD. Perhaps Sony might show off the potential of the genre so other companies like ASW and Capcom also give it a go.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.