[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>numerous video settings and filters >full access to console's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1487025082.jpg (49KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487025082.jpg
49KB, 600x469px
>numerous video settings and filters
>full access to console's library plus fan translations, ROM hacks, unreleased prototypes, and more
>full library fits on micro SD card
>can use whatever controller I want
>can tinker with settings to my heart's content
>can transport full thing to another computer if I wish
>save states, built-in Game Genie or other cheat devices, piles of options

Emulation > real hardware

I can debunk all the jackass game collectors who hate the things

>it's piracy!

Number one, most of these games are old and haven't been sold in a long time, some were never released, some were never officially translated, some are new homebrew titles. Number two, even if they are sold again on the download networks, fuck that, their emulators suck and I already bought a retail copy long ago, I'm not re-buying it for every new console. Number three, buying used games doesn't give shit to the game companies either, and most of these hardcore gamier assholes buy used shit so they lack any real moral superiority on the matter

>HA HA you need save stated, you suck at games, play it the way it was meant to be played!

Go fuck yourself. Oh no, I want to take a break in this game that lacks saves, I should just start again? Fuck you, I'm save stating. This part here is hard as all fuck, I'm save stating. The password system is 20+ characters and is a mess? I'm save stating. Deal with it.

>but there's lag and inaccuracies

Lag, really? Bullshit. Inaccuracies? I couldn't give a fuck if the sound is 2% different. RF picture quality looks like shit and these days composite is barely acceptable. even s-video, which many older consoles don't even natively do, is obsolete. Also, that old hardware is suffering component failures from age. If you can get it repaired you're fortunate but good luck getting a working Game Gear without massive repairs. Screens on those old handhelds were also pretty shit and usually didn't have lighting.
>>
>>386685448
>Lag, really? Bullshit. Inaccuracies? I couldn't give a fuck if the sound is 2% different. RF picture quality looks like shit and these days composite is barely acceptable. even s-video, which many older consoles don't even natively do, is obsolete. Also, that old hardware is suffering component failures from age. If you can get it repaired you're fortunate but good luck getting a working Game Gear without massive repairs. Screens on those old handhelds were also pretty shit and usually didn't have lighting.

Agreed. I'll buy a game if it's new. If it's old, it might not be in any local retro game stores. Buying online takes time to ship. Many of these old games are way too expensive. I prefer emulation.
>>
Emulation is great in general, but some consoles don't have the luxury of having competent devs. PS2 emulation still sucks and will continue to do so, because PCSX2 is garbage at its core. For this reason, I would recommend buying a real console, they're cheap as fuck, and then softmodding it to play whatever games you want.
>>
>>386685448
How about the fact you are 10-20years late to the party for a lot of stuff. We still dont have solid xbox, 360 or ps3 emulation
>>
>just use a flash cart

They're expensive and it seems the NES ones might harm your console. They're slow and you're still limited to that shitty 80s hardware.

>but I'm a real gamer who-

Don't care. You hoard junk, your home is packed 2/3 full of gaming crap. You wanted piles of cash on this and need to justify the expense. Your whiny Youtube rant videos where you stand in front of a wall of junk and cry about how some game company hates you or how much you hate women? You look like a faggot. No wonder game companies think you're pathetic and you don't have a girlfriend. No wonder Jeff Gerstmann told Gamergate to fuck off(well you should have started that when he was fired, not over a fatty dumping her beta boyfriend). You vote conservative because you're retards that willfully ignore the fact the conservatives hate you and your entertainment- see Jack Thompson and piles of senators in the 90s no matter how much you want to pretend it's only liberals. You back Trump because Nintendo indoctrinated you into being a corporate whore who believes the lies of the rich.

>but it hurts companies!

How does pirating a game no longer at retail, possibly from a defunct company, hurt anyone? That's like saying downloading Robert Johnson MP3s hurts a man who has been dead for 80 years. Nintendo is rolling in cash, actual independent studies of piracy of all media shows it doesn't do dick, and in some cases encourages sales. Only the studies run by the big media companies say it hurts anything. Small studio got hurt? They're fucked either way, the big boys will take 99% of the money to buy luxuries with and give them nothing even when sales are strong.

Bottom line, emulators have more features, are more accessible, don't take up space, don't cost fucking thousands of dollars, and all the anti-emulation Gamergate corporate conservative garbage against them is pure butthurt. If I'm not a "real gamer" I don't care. Been playing since the 80s, eat shit, you underage crybaby tard.
>>
>>386686187
Did somebody attack you for emulation, and you decide to start crying at 4chan?
>>
>>386686102
new consoles? Give it time. Old stuff is perfect. Not that getting those consoles modded to play free games is too hard but eventually they'll be emulated better than the real thing. Not that you'll have much choice, the newer hardware is such cheap-grade shit I doubt many of them will even work by then.

Fuck, the 360 barely works now. So many died because of corner cutting and cheap parts.
>>
>>386686102
we can emulate dark souls
>>
>>386686332
did my getting free games make you butthurt?

Yep. Oh wait, I'm on 4chan, everything offends you. Now more than ever what with /pol/ everywhere. Kings of getting assmad
>>
>>386685448
>>386686187

Why are you having an elaborate imaginary argument? Have fun I guess, hope you win
>>
>>386685448
>piracy hurts the gaming industry
>Playstation 1 were the most successful consoles of their generations and they were the easier to play pirated games on
>Saturn, N64 and Gamecube had no piracy (emulators don't count)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.