[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /v/ If I wanted to get a psp, which model should I get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8475.jpg (74KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8475.jpg
74KB, 1200x681px
Tell me /v/
If I wanted to get a psp, which model should I get?
And what are the benefits to "jailbreaking" one? Is it worth it? I want a nice handheld and the 3ds wasn't doing it for me, but I remember how much fun I used to have playing my psp. Really hope I'm not being blinded by nostalgia.
>>
3000 or Go.

There are literally no downsides to installing CFW. All it takes is copypasting a few files and running the application from the menu. That gets you emulators, homebrew (PSP has an excellent version of Cave Story), and free PSP/PS1 games.
>>
>>386683357
What are the negatives to getting a 2000 or 1000? I see they're cheaper and have more availability online
>>
>>386683357
Also how does the screen and resolution hold up in person? I remember it looking nice but that was years and years ago.
>>
>>386683492
Screen isn't as good, and the 1000 doesn't have as much RAM or clockspeed options.
>>
>>386683574
It's alright for what it is.
SLIGHTLY better than the 3DS, actually, so if you're used to that, it's about the same. It'll be a slight shock if you're used to cell phone screens, but It's never a problem in-game.
>>
>>386683492
Weaker CPU, dull screens. Some say the 2000 has ghosting while the 3000 has bad interlacing artefacts, but honestly I've never noticed either. When you have them side by side the only difference is that the 3000 has more vibrant colours. You gotta go into the options to turn that on though. It's called something like "Wide colour space".

>>386683574
Well, it still has higher DPI than the 3DSXL. It does look a little outdated considering everyone has a 1920x1080 phone nowadays, but it's perfectly good for the kind of games that run on it.
>>
>>386683357
I just found my old Go in a drawer. Man, this is the shit. Wagic is the best homebrew i ever seen, for all our poor mtg fans
>>
>>386683075
You want either a 3000 or a GO, depending on personal preference.

GO is smaller, with a sharper screen and 16GB built-in storage space (Which, as far as the PSP is concerned, is WAY more than enough), but lesser battery life, and if anything breaks on it (rare, but happens), you can't just fix it.

The 3000 is bigger and the buttons/stick are better, with a better battery life, but there's no internal storage, and the DPI is lower, which might matter to you.
>>
File: IMG_8478.png (606KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8478.png
606KB, 1242x2208px
Is my best bet picking this one up? Cheapest one I can find online on amazon.
>>
>>386684815
Try looking for a used one on ebay. There are a lot of cheap barely used PSPs in circulation.
>>
>>386684073
Oh god, right?

I've recently rediscovered mine too. It feels like there's been a mass PSP-rediscovery going on recently, and I'm not 100% sure why, but I love it. I completely forgot how great this console's non-Monster Hunter, non PS1 Port library was.

Also, everyone needs to play No Heroes Allowed.
>>
>>386683075
>If I wanted to get a psp, which model should I get?
3000. Lightest, slimmest, longest battery life and chargable through USB.
>And what are the benefits to "jailbreaking" one? Is it worth it?
Yes, you can play literally every PSP game in existence as well as a shit load of homebrew stuff plus loads more. There's no reason not to.
>>
>>386683492
Nothing wrong with the 2000. Just the 3000 and GO are better. Only changes between 2000 and 3000 is the screen is more vibrant but has artifacting in the 3000 and 3000 has a built in microphone.
If you can only find a 2000 then go for it.

>>386684059
They all have the same CPU.
>>
>>386683075
Get a 3.60 vita instead
>>
File: shesdeadjim.jpg (54KB, 572x772px) Image search: [Google]
shesdeadjim.jpg
54KB, 572x772px
I'll use this thread since I always want to go back to mine, what games do you recommend?
>>
>>386685735
What are my options if I'm on 3.65?
>>
>>386686237
Paying for games.
Oh wait, that's your only option. Only 3.60 is exploitable.
>>
>>386685980
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

It's an especially great console if you like JRPGs and SRPGs.

And I mean ACTUAL JRPGS and SRPGs, not that weaboo trash Vita fanboys try to pass off.
>>
>>386686237
You can buy a 3.60 motherboard (around $30 on ebay) and replace the one in your Vita with that. Supposedly it's not that difficult, as long as you take your time and be gentle.
>>
>>386686237
Pretty sure vhbl is still doable on 3.65 but i'd have to check again
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.