[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Guild Wars 2 fail to live up to its promises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1434891509466.png (1MB, 738x710px) Image search: [Google]
1434891509466.png
1MB, 738x710px
Why did Guild Wars 2 fail to live up to its promises?
>>
>>386682870
the developers didn't know what they wanted to do with the game
Also it had no endgame(when i stopped playing, in 2014
>>
>>386682870
Because Kike is a lying pos.
>>
>>386682870
>this is a charr
>>
File: gw018.jpg (861KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw018.jpg
861KB, 1920x1080px
Took away everything that made GW unique.
>>
Why the fuck has nobody made a spiritual successor to GW1? It's a low grind game that would be super popular if it was made today due to the matchmaking+community driven aspects and they even tried the whole esports thing with spectator matches. I don't get why they made this one a WoW clone.
>>
File: tumblr_ooesoozG6c1rd8x3eo1_400.gif (704KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooesoozG6c1rd8x3eo1_400.gif
704KB, 382x450px
The one of the main developers for GW2 came out and said they literally never played GW1.
If that is the case for one, what makes you think more also haven't played GW1.
>>
>>386682870
>roughly 20 emote commands
>no command to flirt or flex/show off your bod
tis sad
>>
>>386684876
That'd be sexist
>>
No new race yet?
>>
Took away everything that made GW1 great
>>
>>386685137
but I want to flex
>>
You literally made this exact same thread yesterday, and it was just as dead as this one.
>>
>>386682870
Fuck off back to your haunted general with your fucking squatposting
>>
>anet loses most of it's key staff, including two of the 3 founders, early in gw2 development
>game was literally only 2/3rds of the way finished a month before release
>over half of the personal story is a rushed mess
>higher level maps are a train wreck at launch due to lack of testing
>anet loses a bunch of the core gw2 staff within the first year after release
>constant direction changes and re-envisioning due to high staff turnover
it's been a fucking mess and as bad as it is< I'm honestly impressed that they're still running after five years
>>
>>386685743
No it isn't
>>
>>386687915
famous last words
>>
>No endgame
>Gear Treadmill
>Worse story than TORtanic
>Story rips off Skyrim with its "KILL TEH EVUL DRAGUNZ!" shit
>The entire game has you killing the bad guys as a moralfaggot, without an option to join them
>No likeable NPCs anywhere
>Choices in personal story doesn't matter
>Technology level is retarded across the entire board, one race has borderline sci-fi technology vs generic medieval humans and steampunk cats
>Zero roleplaying elements, your character does all the talking for you automatically
>Shit writing
>destroyed servers based on clients' language in favor of a messy, incoherent piece of shit megaserver system that doesn't work
>Sylvari is a cookie cutter mary sue race
>No dedicated tank or healer
>Killed CoH
>Arenanet bans whoever they please
>Arenanet consists of dA tumblr SJW writers, jews, communists AND nazis somehow
>Published by NCSoft
>Is designed for and by weeaboos and children
>No mounts
>No GvG, NO FUCKING GvG. IN A GUILD WARS GAME

Easily the worst MMO ever
>>
only four spells
>>
File: 1480225231945.jpg (75KB, 408x442px) Image search: [Google]
1480225231945.jpg
75KB, 408x442px
snug n' fug
>>
GW2 skill system - shit
combo fields - shit
dodge button - shit
movement - floaty shit
skill progression - shit
story - shit
gear system - shit
wvw - time zone based pointless shit
party play and cooperation - shit
dungeons - pure shit because of above
community interaction - nonexistent
>>
File: Warhammer 2017-08-09 16-00-33-58.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 2017-08-09 16-00-33-58.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
Jesus fuck! I don't know which of my allies did it, but whoever killed Grimgor Ironhide, you're a fucking champ!
>>
Shitty, clunky, simplistic combat
WvWvW is doorwar zergfest
Community is full of brony faggots who are completely delusional
Downed mechanic in PvP
Spam-based combat
Skills based on weapons
Dodge button is buggy and boring
No tanks, just a clusterfuck of DPS classes
PvE is full of boring kill x quests
World not persistent due to overflow channels and instances
Themepark fast travel anywhere
One skill bar
Ugly, non-customizable, casual UI
No world PvP
No endgame progression
Terrible auction house
Lame story
Laughable voice acting
Runs like shit on modern rigs - No optimization
Cash shop advantages
abysmal visual nerfs on effects

/thread.
>>
>>386689785
>no mounts
>no endgame
>no dedicated tank or healer
spotted the typical shitter who got no clue about the game. Raids got dedicated tanks and healers and other role shit. Mounts coming soon
>>
>>386690174
t. 2016+ redditfugee
>>
>>386690130
>Cash shop advantages
you are fucking retarded if you think that. Most of the stuff you listed is long gone
>>
>everyone brings up issues that were present ages ago
Yes because WoW and runescape are the same they were at launch baka desu
>>
>>386684472
Good thing they just put someone in charge that has for PoF/LS4
>>
Name 1(one) MMO better than GW2
protip you cannot
>>
File: 1470097070870.jpg (21KB, 424x408px) Image search: [Google]
1470097070870.jpg
21KB, 424x408px
>>386691171
GW1
>>
>>386691171
FF14
WoW
TERA
BDO
Blade & Soul
GW1
Path of Exile
Dungeon Defenders
Fate Grand Order
Slime Rancher
Minesweeper
>>
>>386684472

The lead content designer of GW2 since 2015 has been an arenanet veteran that has been around since before GW1 was launched, Mike Zadorojny.

Overall I think the game has been improving since HoT, the annoying characters from core died or were btfo, no more lesbians down your throat, no more diversity bullshit, just old fashoned guild wars stories with your character actually speaking during gameplay and not being a sandbag.
>>
>>386689785

>>No endgame
>>Gear Treadmill

are you stupid

gear treadmill is literally the end game of wow and ff14, by your logic the most popular mmos in the planet have no endgame
>>
>>386691748
>blade and soul
>kung fu wannabee
>best than gw2
>>
>>386691973
The post was mostly a joke if you didn't notice that fucking minesweeper was in there.

But I'd rather play B&S over GW2. The combat in the game is fun, and I love the art style. The game just overall isn't worth playing much due to shit story and overall world structure (and barely resembling any real MMO functionality).

GW2 on the other hand is just bleh in all respects. Decent designs, but the combat feels boring, they threw away the perfect skill system of GW1, and the plot is up its own ass with stupidity. Made it to Orr at launch and dropped the game. Have tried a few times to give it another shot but can't make it to level 40 without getting bored with the game, and not willing to drop money on HoT to try that content.
>>
>>386691881
Gear treadmill and end game have become meaningless buzzwords at this point.
>>
>>386692287
no they have not

gear treadmill is what drives us to keep playing through expansions
end game means after you're done preparing (leveling), you have content that's challenging, and not just some bullshit that requires more leveling or meaningless pvp
>>
>>386691779
>no more lesbians down your throat, no more diversity bullshit
Tell me more. Those things and the horribly stupid story was what got me to quit GW2 for good right before HoT dropped, so I know nothing about that
>>
>>386692826
The story is still stupid so don't bother
>>
>>386693264
Sure but I could at least tolerate it until the diversity issues became so forceful. Has that been toned down?
>>
>>386692464
Right but I've seen people apply the model to the end game itself in so many games. "Why would I do the end game raid? X alternate gear is almost as good! I'll just wait for the next expansion, this is a dumb gear treadmill"
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.