[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can this be considered the predecessor to the DLC model?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IQWtz.jpg (140KB, 1359x771px) Image search: [Google]
IQWtz.jpg
140KB, 1359x771px
Can this be considered the predecessor to the DLC model?
>>
>>386676929
predecessor to the expansion model
>>
It's just a standalone expansion
>>
Honestly it was a show of how cheap devs can be but they turn around and create knuckles in sonic 2 so it can be forgiven
>>
>>386677525
I call bullshit on that.

Expansions packs back in the day gave you about 80-100 percent of the amount of content of the original experience which itself was a full game, uncut.

Sega sold 2 half-games with just a BIT more content for buying both. It’s more like episodic model, or DLC model with goodies for buying the season pass than an expansion pack.
>>
>>386677850
Considering the content on board I wouldn't say they were half games
>>
Can OP be considered grasping at straws?
>>
>>386677850

Not really. The release of Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles was 8 months apart. They were split up because the game was too large to release by the deadline given, so they split them up. And I'd say that each was around the size of Sonic 1 separately
>>
No it's an expansion pack.
>>
>>386677850

Well, Sonic 3 had as much content as 1 and 2 if not more.

S&K had the same amount as 3 (But you can't save progress for some reason) PLUS you could play as Knuckles in 2 and 3.

I'd see it as if today they released Dark Souls 4 BUT by buying it you could use armor and weapons from it in 3 and 2.... for some reason.
>>
>>386676929
Sonic and Knuckles has more zones than 3.

So its not exactly an expansion.
>>
>>386678361
Does the reason they cut the game in fact even matter? I’d say it’s the fact that they did cut it in half is what matters. They could have delayed it, they could have refined it (see the SOnic 3 complete videos to see how many goofs were left in the final product).

That, and it is no uncommon for sequels to be bigger than their predecessors by a LOT. Take SMG to SMS, or SAdv2 to SAdv3.
>>
>>386678540
Wait you can't save in sonic and knuckles?
>>
>>386679742
didn't have a save battery
>>
Nah but Sega are basically the first people to really use it

Shit like Sonic Adventure's hub world having a christmas skin over it and such.
>>
>>386679742
No, yet for some reason it gives you more slots with Sonic 3’s save feature when you lock on.
>>
S&K is my favorite sonic game, 2 fully fleshed out campaigns with different levels. How can you not love that shit?
And the fact you could pop games into it for extra content?
Dlc? Fuck no, it was just genius development.
These days that slot would charge $30 to add knuckles to sonic 2, and $30 to add knuckles to sonic 3.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.