[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: dgf.png (908KB, 1320x502px) Image search: [Google]
dgf.png
908KB, 1320x502px
What went wrong
>>
>>386676665
you didn't tell us what those games and mods are, that's what went wrong
>>
>>386676781
It's Arcane dimensions for Quake and Dusk. How new are you?
>>
>>386676665
You cherrypicking
>>
>>386676665
>Arcane Dimensions
>1996
Kill yourself.
>>
>>386676665
Original Quake didnt look like that in 96. Try a little harder with your bait next time
>>
>>386679434
Original Quake looks better than Dusk, anyway
>>
>>386677062
I'm not new, now if it were DOOM or any wad for that I could tell you
Quake was never my favourite and the only thing I appreciate about it existing is its 3D engine

Now take a step back and go fuck yourself
>>
>>386679930
Then compare it to that or get the year right.
>>
>>386676665

>2017 map made by two veteran Quake level designers
>Indie game made by literally 1 person

I know this is a troll image, I just want to clarify what is going on here, for those who don't know what they're looking at.
>>
>>386680259
Quake is ok, but doom is way, way, way much fucking better. You can tell Quake wasnt designed to be a shooter affer playing it for a bit. So yeah its greatest legacy was the engine itself.
>>
>>386680986

There's just so much wrong with this post, grammar included.

>You can tell Quake wasnt designed to be a shooter affer playing it for a bit

The actual fuck are you talking about? You realize this is the game that really solidified FPS multiplayer, rocket jumping, etc?

Please shut the fuck up at this point to avoid any further embarrassment.
>>
>>386681567
quake was meant to be a melee game you faglord
>>
>>386682432
And obviously they changed their minds on that, are you retarded?
>>
>>386681567
>You realize this is the game that really solidified FPS multiplayer, rocket jumping, etc?
It was originally designed to be an RPG, featuring mostly close combat with quake (the eponimous player character) swinging his thunder hammer.

>Quake traces its origins back to a promotion in the first Commander Keen trilogy, where it was titled Quake: The Fight For Justice. It was going to be much more like a role-playing game than a shooter. The player was named Quake (taken from a Dungeons & Dragons character in Carmack’s world [1]), the strongest and most dangerous person on the continent. He would have a weapon called the Hammer of Thunderbolts, a Ring of Regeneration, and a trans-dimensional artifiact.
straight from the quake wiki http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Quake , but you can also look for id designers talking about it on youtube.

what were you saying again?
>Please shut the fuck up at this point to avoid any further embarrassment.

Oh yeah, maybe you should take those words to heart yourself.
>>
>>386682621
you were wrong, faggot, nut up and shut up.
>>
>>386682621
>changes the foalposts
WOAH!!! you BTFO me there buddy!
>>
>>386682672

You're missing the point, how does what it was originally meant to be IN CONCEPT versus what it TURNED OUT TO BE mean it's not a shooting game?

None of that was ever integrated into the game, the only melee weapon in Quake is there as a fallback if you run out of ammo and using it is clunky and useless. So no, you didn't prove anything.

Your original, stupid comment "You can tell Quake wasn't designed to be a shooter affer playing it for a bit" is just not true. Because anyone with a modicum of knowledge or skill can see that it plays as a fucking fantastic shooting game from the get go.

It might have originally planned to be a melee focused game, but it didn't end up being that, did it? How hard is this to grasp?
>>
>>386682672

>It was going to be
>He would have a weapon called the Hammer of Thunderbolts

Except none of this came to pass and it ended up being an FPS. You fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.