[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am still pissed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
I am still pissed.
>>
It wasn't developed by Obsidian. What were you expecting?
>>
>>386674296
>expecting nothing but utter shit from Bethesda

You can only blame yourself.
>>
>>386674369

Something at least partially resembling an RPG. What we got instead was a watered-down post-apoc Far Cry with worse shooting and Sims-Lite.
>>
>>386674493

To be honest, I wouldn't mind all that if the writing would be good.
>>
>>386674369
I had fun with Skyrim for the first 15 or so hours. I knew it wasn't quality vidya time but I was enjoying myself.
I expected something similar with FO4 but it was a pain from the first moment.
>>
File: 1501307162999.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501307162999.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>386674369
Oh an obisidian fallout game. That'll work perfectly and never crash every 14 minutes. And i bet the loading time on consoles is just as fast as any other fallout game.
>>
File: 601.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
601.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>386674964
>blaming Obsidian for the shitty engine

Capital!
>>
File: 10inches.jpg (325KB, 724x696px) Image search: [Google]
10inches.jpg
325KB, 724x696px
>>386675076
>blaming a shitty engine for a buggy poorly optimized game
Sarkeezien!
>>
>>386674964
>loading time on consoles
>>
>>386675076

What a bizarre coincidence it is that every single engine Obsidian works with is a shitty engine that bugs out crashes all the time. Strange a lot of other devs that have worked also with the likes of UE3 and Aurora haven't had the same problems.
>>
>>386675378
Dungeon Siege 3 ran on their own engine and it looked pretty good, was well optimised and never crashed.
It's just that it was boring trash.
>>
>>386675632

It was also made by fresh recruits who were promptly fired after the game was finished.
>>
>>386674296
It wasn't a flop. look at other games that have came out since, like Andromeda and Battleborn.

you need to get over it
>>
>>386675378

Aurora is a piece of shit, but I can't really argue with UE3. Although Alpha Protocol was a huge mess of a project to begin with. Also, it was their first game created for 360 and PS3, while their only previous console game was Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox. We all know how well that turned out.

Still, their writing skills are above decent. You can easily struggle through that mud when the narration feels satisfying.
>>
>>386676570
>Although Alpha Protocol was a huge mess of a project to begin with.

Because of one man, Chris Parker.

He's apparently the biggest problem with Obsidian. He's the reason Chris Avellone left and publicly stated he would never return under any circumstances. If Chris Avellone hadn't stepped in to salvage Alpha Protocol it wouldn't have even had a good story, it would have just been 100% shit. That's assuming it would have even been released, Sega were on the verge of canning it.
>>
File: angertodd.jpg (495KB, 1062x1062px) Image search: [Google]
angertodd.jpg
495KB, 1062x1062px
>>386674296
>>
File: Cut Institute weapons.jpg (1MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Cut Institute weapons.jpg
1MB, 1536x2044px
every thread
>>
It was okay and I had fun.
Nick #1 bro
>>
>>386677158
Are you mad about the scrapped synthetic bacteria guns?

Me too. Would probably be the only dark thing in the entire game, everything else is kindergarten tier.
>>
>>386676947
>Chris Parker

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Have you played Tyranny? I thoroughly enjoyed Pillars.
>>
File: 78461221.jpg (135KB, 339x506px) Image search: [Google]
78461221.jpg
135KB, 339x506px
>>386674296
Sensei, enlighten me.
How do I be the most tumorous and most unwelcome contrarian?
>>
>Fallout 3 is shit
>NV is shit
>OH NO HOW COULD 4 BE BAD THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Go ahead and tell me NV isn't shit. You're deluded.
>>
>>386674964
BC New Vegas runs surprisingly well on the XBone. Not even close to being as good as a modded PC version of course.
>>
it's like they didn't even want to make it an rpg.

i dread to think what they plan to do with the elder scrolls.

except not really i don't give a shit about bethesda games. don't even want to touch fo4.
>>
>>386674296
I'm not. I'm not even disappointed. It's not that I think Fallout 4 is a good game. I don't. But Bethesda is doing what any reasonable person would expect them to do, given their past releases and the trend that becomes clear in looking at them over time. At this point I don't really care about them or their games anymore. They don't make games I want to play, they won't hire Obsidian to do it, and they're making it hard for modders to fix what they're doing wrong. In the end, I'll just have to look elsewhere for fun, because I haven't had actual fun in a Bethesda Game Studios original out of the box since Morrowind.
>>
>>386677416
>NV is shit

Now, that's really biased. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece like some like to think, but it's a decent Fallout game and offers miles away better role-playing than Bethesda's games to date.
>>
>>386678181
>I haven't had actual fun in a Bethesda Game Studios original out of the box since Morrowind

I got Morrowind as a Christmas gift although I didn't have a computer powerful enough to play it with. I saved for a new PC next year and bought it with Tribunal. Fuck, I was scared shitless with that first Brotherhood attack.
>>
File: download (1).png (8KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
8KB, 199x253px
>>386677416
I have 500 hrs in NV famalam. More than 3 & 4 combined. I have enjoyed and beaten all games in the fallout universe (even BoS). NV has more soul, it's more of an attempt to depict rebuilding civilization after the world as they knew it ended, fleshing out characters, giving them motivations, personalities, with just enough goofiness for seasoning.

3 and 4 are more like Bethesda read the wiki on Fallout lore, then tried to make caricatures of the world based on those summaries; almost as though they made theme parks based on the fallout universe (the irony of Nuka World isn't lost on me)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.