[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DeepMind and Blizzard open StarCraft II as an AI research environment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Adjutant-640x353.jpg (30KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
Adjutant-640x353.jpg
30KB, 640x353px
AI will be limited to 180 APM. Superhuman starcraft bot soon.

https://deepmind.com/blog/deepmind-and-blizzard-open-starcraft-ii-ai-research-environment/

https://deepmind.com/documents/110/sc2le.pdf
>>
gg no re
>>
>>386671563
Is this the start of AI that doesn't need to cheat its ass off to win?
>>
>>386672068
I'm assuming it's still unfeasible to run this at home
>>
>>386672068
IT LEARNS
>>
>>386672068
Yes. But it will first run on TPUs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_processing_unit
>>
>>386671563
they have them already
they're called south koreans
>>
lol at this shit.

>small brain
sc2
>ascended
BW
>>
>starcraft 2
bot is gonna be dumb as fuck
>>
>>386672491
>they're called south koreans

>South Koreans only doing 180 APM.
Puh-lease, anon. Brood War people do about 310 out of shape. This AI is being gimped on purpose.
>>
>>386671563
human players inflate their apm with control groups so this thing will be a god
>>
>>386672954
It's being "Gimped" to stop it being super Micro focused, they want to try and get it to be smart about units and not just incredibly deadly with dancing it's units.
>>
>>386672954

Most of those are non inputs meant to drive up their APM. Do you see how many times players click on the same object? It's ridiculous.
>>
>>386673301
>Do you see how many times players click on the same object? It's ridiculous.

Except RTS games are specifically made to ignore repeated orders to not kill the PC by clicking like a mad-man and halting the game through pathfinding computation.

Though I guess the APM counter may not really care about that. IIRC, there were ways to compute "effective APM", which I simply assued would be the standard here.
>>
>>386672902
>impliyng
>>
>>386671563
>sc2
who the fuck cares?
>>
File: Vinny_Top_Gun.jpg (11KB, 176x187px) Image search: [Google]
Vinny_Top_Gun.jpg
11KB, 176x187px
>>386671563
>"AI" meme
>>
>>386673301
>Most of those are non inputs meant to drive up their APM.
only early phase of the game and it's so the players warm up their hands and get accustomed to the high input speed required for late game
>>
>>386671563
>Training an AI on a game that 90% micro and 10% rock-paper-scissors metas
They didn't set their bar too high.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.