[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what're you playing right now, /v/? I just started a poschengband

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: poschengband.png (204KB, 1562x947px) Image search: [Google]
poschengband.png
204KB, 1562x947px
what're you playing right now, /v/? I just started a poschengband run.
Also, why doesn't /v/ like roguelikes?
>>
>>386666819
im playing HotS
i like roguelikes, kinda.
what's poshcebund like?
>>
Played some paladins with a buddy. New patch introduced a bunch of bugs and the game runs like 500 ping even when reporting 150 ping, which also sucks, and was the standard until patch.
>>
>>386666819
I don't know much about true roguelikes, but after dabbling a bit in MUDs decades ago I don't mind the text interface. I play tons of Isaac these days, but that's more rogueLITE. What's Poschengband all about?
>>
File: poschengband is nuts.png (34KB, 577x681px) Image search: [Google]
poschengband is nuts.png
34KB, 577x681px
>>386667198
Poschengband is a beautiful clusterfuck of Angband mods with upwards of 50 races and almost a hundred classes. Tons of build variety.
There's more content than you can shake a stick at. Hundreds of unique items and monsters.
It's batshit insane and also pretty fun.
>>
>>386667830
Cool. Thanks for the explanation.
>>
Yet another solo run in Final Fantasy 2
>>
I like roguelikes in general. How is the documentation on poschengand? I mean, how compete is the wiki, how active the community, etc.
>>
File: A.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
FF7. Just got to Nibelheim, now i'm grinding a bit and kicking myself for missing a materia earlier in the game.
>>
>>386667994
The community is basically just the roguelikes thread on /vg/ and a couple of assorted angband forums, as far as I know, but the mechanics are pretty well documented. There's a nice pasta in the /rlg/ pastebin, I think. Some of the more obscure classes don't have much written about them, though.
Spoilers are for fags, anyhow.
>>
>>386668149
What'd you miss? Anything you missed in Midgar has a duplicate elsewhere, as far as I remember. The big one to snag there was Elemental from Shinra Tower to help getting Beta early on from the Midgar Zolom.
>>
>>386666913
Its a fork of the original angband. With a shitload of added content. Hundreds of race/class variations and lots of qol improvements
>>
>>386668317
my autism does not permit me to play roguelikes unless i have pretty much perfect information.
>>
>>386668329

The Choco/Mog summon. Maybe I can still get it if I go all the way back to the chocobo farm, but that's quite the haul with no airship or anything.
>>
>>386668615
Don't worry, you can get it later. It's shit anyway, unless you're going for 100% completion.
>>
>>386668473
B-but half of the point is the joy of discovery! There's no point to playing Nethack if you already know all the tiny details.
>>
>>386668729

i'm trying to get all the materias. i'm following a miss-able items guide, but then i read conflicting info that said the choco/mog is missable. can i still get it after i get the airship?
>>
>>386668794
Well, I don't have much time for vidya this days. Work, Uni, plus I'm fixing my house so I only get a 1-2 hours a day with luck. Coupled with some short attention span, I prefer to have a general idea about say, how strong an enemy actually is and get my enjoyment out of figuring out how to deal with them.
I'm not actually autistic, I just don't have the will to go through the process of getting the information myself.
>>
>>386669205
Choco/Mog isn't technically missable. The chocobo that initially gives it (that you are first given the opportunity to interact with the first time you visit the Chocobo Farm) disappears somewhere in disc 2. BUT, you can deposit your own chocobos into the pen after you catch them, and they will give the materia. If it's gonna nag you, just trek back through the Mithril Mines and the swamp. It won't take too long. The guide I used was some guy called Absolute Steve, who seems to have documented just about every goddamn thing to do with FF7.
>>
>>386666819
about to start Batman Arkham City. What am I in for, /v/?
>>
>>386671589
Pretty fun game. Did you play Asylum? Knight is also good, though they overused the Batmobile far too much.
>>
>>386671806
I played Asylum but never finished it. I got bored iirc. Bought City cause of the sale and the reviews
>>
File: ofs.jpg (184KB, 1199x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ofs.jpg
184KB, 1199x1600px
Tiles for poschengband when?
>>
>>386672768
>>386672768
but anon, there are tiles. The just suck.
>>
>>386666819
bump.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.