[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Which one is the best factoring in DLC 1, 2, or Infinite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Big-daddy-bioshock-little-sister.jpg (268KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Big-daddy-bioshock-little-sister.jpg
268KB, 1280x960px
Which one is the best factoring in DLC 1, 2, or Infinite?
>>
With the DLC, Infinite retroactively ruins the lore of 1 and 2.
>>
1>infinite>>2
>>
File: 1415227239799.jpg (9KB, 222x329px) Image search: [Google]
1415227239799.jpg
9KB, 222x329px
1 > 2 > infi-"shit"

hehehe
>>
File: 1489106788240.gif (970KB, 616x577px) Image search: [Google]
1489106788240.gif
970KB, 616x577px
>>386668065
>being this pleb
>>
>>386666579
I like Bioshock Infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7FIznjcLs
>>
2 > 1 > Infinite
>>
Infinite by a mile. And then the DLC makes you actually appreciate playing through the disappointment that is Bioshock 1. Minerva's Den is servicable, maybe even great if you're a sci-fi nerd. Bioshock 2 is a garbage fire.
>>
MInerva's Den > 2 > 1 > Burial at Sea > Infinite
>>
>tfw everyone forgets Minerva's Den exists
>>
>>386668835
>>386668836
>two other anons actually remember Minerva's Den exists
Is this fucking opposite day what in the actual fuck
why can't I always be positively proven wrong so quickly
>>
>>386666713
That's not a problem. Bioshock 1 has shit for lore and Bioshock 2 is an utterly unnecessary game.
>>
2 had the better gameplay
1 is best for everything else
system shock 2 is better than both
infinite can fuck off
>>
>>386668836
sounds about right. never played MD though.
>>
>>386668965
>unnecessary

that's an unnecessary statement. every game is "unnecessary"

the first bioshock much more so than 2. especially when you see all that was cut and how much better it was supposed to be. shit makes me sad.
>>
>>386666579
The second and Minerva's den are kinogames
>>
Bioshock 1: the most overhyped game of its generation, an utter failure to replicate System Shock 2; for an RPG it's so shallow and insubstantial that it's a joke, for an action game it's extremely unsatisfying, and for a horror game it is an utter failure. Rapture is the only successful thing about it.

Bioshock 2: probably the most disgusting example of corporate greed in the game industry. An utterly worthless, utterly unnecessary pile of dogshit that only manages to take the original and make it even more tedious. Trash.

Bioshock Infinite: this is how you make a video game. All of the original's clunky mechanics either streamlined or thrown out all together. No more pretending at being a role-playing game just for the sake of pulling the wool over the eyes of a bunch of easily fooled rubes with fake depth. Storytelling greatness unprecedented in the medium. Taking every single lesson the genre taught it to heart. The best first-person shooter of its generation. And then Burial at Sea makes you glad you slogged through Bioshock 1(!).

I think the answer is clear.
>>
File: YOURE_YOUD_UP_GET_IN_THERE.jpg (40KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
YOURE_YOUD_UP_GET_IN_THERE.jpg
40KB, 500x456px
>>386669981
>>
>>386669212
If you enjoyed Bioshock 2 you should try it. It's got some of the best pacing I've ever seen in a game. Despite being average DLC length, the player goes through the regular *shock progression of new weapons and upgrades without feeling rushed.

It's got an interesting setting with good level design and memorable characters, as well.
>>
>>386669981
>an utter failure to replicate System Shock 2
did you perhaps consider that the game was trying to replicate SS1 which was superior to that bloated shit that was SS2?

>for an RPG it's so shallow and insubstantial that it's a joke
it's not an rpg and that's a good thing

>for an action game it's extremely unsatisfying
i see you tried to shoot your way through the game like a retard, the game gave you plenty of tools to plan out your approaches from plasmids to traps to different types of ammunition, if you actually took the time to plan and utilize those tools you come out very satisfied, but no, you just decided to shoot everything only to realize the enemies are too spongey so you end up depleting your ammo, and your medkits all the time, and come bitch about it here.

>and for a horror game it is an utter failure
lol who said they were trying to make a horror game?
>>
>>386666579

2 played it too similar to 1 and honestly didn't do anything better, that boring part of 1 where you harvest ADAM with a little sister? that's 50% of the game, enjoy. and personally I don't get the high standard people hold minerva's den to. the story is pretty touching but gameplay-wise I just didn't see what other people saw

I really liked columbia but infinite as a game was somehow even more streamlined than 1 and 2 with little to no exploration
>>
>>386668851
>>386668940
Everyone missed out.
>>
File: obvious troll is obvious.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
obvious troll is obvious.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>386669981
>>
>>386668065
Idiot.
>>
>>386671780
I know, my dude. Today, I had to remind them.
>>
2 > 1 >>>> nuclear waste enema >>>>> infinite
>>
>>386670897
I agree, except that in the last quarter or so, they just fucking dump all the rest of the weapons on you.
They really should have left out a few guns and made you use and appreciate the ones you get.
Laser was GOAT though.
>>
>>386668836
Best post
>>
>>386672117
That twist though, one of the few moments I ever shouted at a game. Maybe I'm dumb but I didn't see that shit coming.
>>
>>386673226
Definitely a YOOOOOOOOOOOO moment
>>
File: crushing realization.jpg (10KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
crushing realization.jpg
10KB, 540x304px
>>386673630
Played like a fiddle
>>
>>386668595
the only one to get it right
>>
>>386671263
Only correct opinion. Replaying the whole series makes this apparent. One and Infinite were both great on the first playthrough, 2 was just solid. MD was great, BaS was really good as a standalone, but absolutely shits on the lore.

On subsequent playthroughs, Bioshock 1 holds up and is legit 10/10, 2 stays pretty good, MD leaves you wondering why you liked it so much the first time, Infinite feels pretty bland outside of a few areas that are god tier(mostly the big skyline areas) and BaS is still worth playing for the gameplay and atmosphere, but the more you get every piece of the story, the more it feels like Levine just wanted to ruin the series before bowing out.
>>
>>386668836
By far the most correct, barely anyone mentions Minerva's Den which is fucking stupid.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.