[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: the-witcher-.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
I finally got a pc capable of playing The Witcher 3 and I'm excited to finally play it after seeing how much praise its gotten from nearly everyone. But should I play the first two before playing 3? I've heard 1 and 2 are kind of lame compared to how great 3 is, but how much would I be missing if I just skipped them entirely? I don't want to feel lost in the story, or feel like I should know who certain characters are but don't because I skipped them.

Also, are the books any good? How do they tie into the stories of the games?
>>
>>386662052
just go have fun dude, stop asking so many questions
>>
>>386662052
>But should I play the first two before playing 3?
Yes.
Why are people asking this shit so often nowadays? Have you literally never played a single story and cast-driven SERIES before?

In case you didn't know, the Witcher games are DIRECT sequels to the long-lasting Witcher novels. TW1 is the only game to even try and introduce you to the series' lore and world. So you can bet your ass you will not know who is who and what is what if you just jump to the LAST game in a trilogy.

TW1:EE > 3 > > >2.
The series became horribly consolized and generic when 2 came out as a multiplat, and 3 was only a minor improvement. But if you're a Game Of Thrones -digging Gen Zedder, then TW2-3's tasteless grittyness and QTEs will almost certainly appeal to you.
>>
TW3 is meh. TW2 is trash.
The books are great, as is the first game.
They're all directly connected, though 3rd game seems to act like 2 never happened, and your past choices in series barely matter in end.
>>
fuck off retard
>>
>>386662052
>1 and 2 are lame compared to how great 3 is
Anyone who thought 1 and 2 are lame will say 3 is lame as well

either play all of them or don't play them at all if you care about story that much
>>
>>386662052

Hope you don't care about combat or RPG mechanics.

The only thing the Witcher games have going for them is story and - maybe - exploration.
>>
>>386662052
>should I play the first two games of a story heavy RPG trilogy?
gee, I don't know.
and yes and yes.
>>
1=2>>>3 for me.
>>
>>386662786
"consolised" doesn't mean anything , Witcher 2 may have been the messiest of the three, but Witcher 3 followed all cancerous AAA trends like detective vision, handholding, GTA style minimap, red lines etc.

Witcher 2 didn't care about that it did it's own thing even though it wasn't that good at it
>>
>>386666294
>Witcher 2 didn't care about that it did it's own thing
on the contrary. Devs literally stated that Demon's Souls and Assassin's Creed worked as huge sources of inspiration for TW2, and since the X360 porting job ended up becoming CDP's responsibility as well, they simply downsized and simplified the game in numerous ways already for the PC version, just so they'd have easier time doing the Xbox port next.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.