[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this game do well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (10KB, 286x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 286x144px
What does this game do well?
>>
World design
Puzzles/problem-solving in an open world
Exploration
Physics
How many of the mechanics can be 'chained' together in satisfying ways
>>
>>386661084
/thread. that's basically it all in one post.
>>
Core gameplay mechanics are novel and enjoyable.
Exploration can be very rewarding

That's about it for me, though. Side quests are largely forgettable, the "dungeons" are glorified shrines, the story is almost nonexistent, and while the core gameplay mechanic are very enjoyable it feels a little anemic compared to something like Majora's Mask with its different transformations and their various benefits. Still a great game due almost solely to those satisfying mechanic and exploration, though. I just hope they're better to explore that good design philosophy in a more robust context in the next title.
>>
>>386660746
get posted here daily
>>
>>386661184
This. BoTW is an amazing scapegoat, and I can't wait to see the next Zelda.
>>
>>386661184
a MM-like follow up to BotW could be god-tier. That said, I really liked BotW and it's my personal favorite in the series and is the only one that got me invested into the setting.
>>
File: SuperMarioOdyssey_-_NA_boxart.jpg (416KB, 926x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioOdyssey_-_NA_boxart.jpg
416KB, 926x1500px
>>386660746
It acts as a stand-in before the real GOTY is out
>>
>>386661378
which zelda games did you play?
>>
File: 1499012416743.png (1020KB, 1021x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1499012416743.png
1020KB, 1021x1023px
-truly OPEN world.
-tons of integrated, interacting systems = TECHNOLOGY!
-great OST.
-Fine visuals.
-Best Zelda.
>>
File: mamma mia.png (44KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
mamma mia.png
44KB, 500x461px
>>386661435
When this game is finished and out, I want Koizumi back in muh Zelda games.
>>
>>386661504
LoZ, LttP, OoT, MM, WW, and LA
>>
There's no games on the Shitch so people have to put up with this overrated garbage.
>>
>>386660746

Made the series the Adventure game it was supposed to be since Day 1 instead of the puzzle fuckfest we've been getting since Wind Waker
>>
Literally everything except durability
It turns a grand adventure into a grind quest for no reason
If they had made it the good kind of durability, where weapons do degrade and become unusable but you can fix them, this would have been GOTY no contest
>>
physics and environment manipulation
movement (every openworld game should have a paraglider equivalent holy fuck)
>>
>>386661596
https://youtu.be/rhEgsvNTEio?t=67
he ain't coming back
>>
Remain on Page 1 of /v/.
>>
The combat
The puzzles
The graphics and design (the world is absolutely beautiful)
And honestly the feeling of adventure you get with every step you take.
The game is almost perfect...

But seriously though who's the fuck came up with Lynels? Fuck whoever did that.
>>
It sends /v/ into a rage because the Majority loves it
>>
>>386660746
I am getting it in the mail from amazon today. Probably going to at least try to get to lvl 50 in xenoblade on 3ds before i start zelda. Not a big fan of zelda but no games
>>
File: tom.jpg (107KB, 1273x922px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
107KB, 1273x922px
>>386661835
No please. It's been enough bin bing wahooing for you, Koizumi. Write some sick fanfiction tier lore for next Zelder pls.
>>
>>386660746
Physics and exploration, everything else it does is meh tier
>>
>>386660746
Its Nintendo's MGS5

A big open world with shitloads of TECHNOLOGY but the game is extremly shallow when compared to previous games in its series and why people loved them
>>
>>386662856
BotW really isn't shallow, it has some flaws but even if you exclusively play the story content it's got some meat to it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.