[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on emulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: cemu.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cemu.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on emulation?
>>
>>386660078
I think your Link has autism
>>
Great way of salvaging and experiencing stuff from the past that could otherwise be easily forgotten, maybe even completely lost.
>>
I think it's nice but I usually prefer playing on original hardware as emulation is rarely close to 100% accurate. It hurts how dodgy N64 emulation still is whilst Dolphin is a godsend by comparison.
>>
It's great. It makes the Switch obsolete.
>>
best cherry on the cake i ever had
>>
File: ultrawide_NiNoKuni.jpg (854KB, 2560x2160px) Image search: [Google]
ultrawide_NiNoKuni.jpg
854KB, 2560x2160px
>>386660356
>I usually prefer playing on original hardware as emulation is rarely close to 100% accurate.
Can you give me 10 examples because I see this a lot and I just can't imagine being are so autistic to notice things that aren't accurate.
>>
>>386660078
For games preservation: Good
For PC-only babies who just want to play the latest trendy games: Terrible

Also fuck patreon.
>>
>>386660315
This dude right here gets it.
>>
File: Dolphin 2017-08-07 15-02-51-09.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin 2017-08-07 15-02-51-09.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
Love it. Just finished emulating Twilight Princess the other day. Didn't really care for it.
>>
>>386660452
Why 10 examples?
It's usually game-specific anyway, so it's all down to what kind of games you want to play. For example, I wouldn't get very far trying to play F-Zero GX in Dolphin, despite Dolphin being one of the best-made emulators out there. Arcade emulation (MAME) can also be dodgy at times depending on the game, but I can't remember specific examples off the top of my head. I'd give you more examples but you speak like a shitposter so I can already tell I'm wasting my time.
>>
>>386660486
Oh peasants.
>>
>>386660903
I'd just like to see how legitimate your complaints are or if you're exaggerating.
>>
I have literally no problem with it if you're emulating 5+ years older games without buying them or you buy those newer games.
>>
Only lawbreaking niggers do it
>>
>>386660078
Emulation is a good thing.
>>
>>386661502
dude, I just prefer playing on the original hardware for accuracy, I never once complained about emulation and I see it as a positive thing. What is your problem?
>>
Thank fucking god I didn't have to become a sonybber for persona. Loving the game.
>>
>>386661793
I don't have a problem, why are you so defensive?
>>
>>386660078
I can't get 30 fps with this. I have a i7 4790k. Overclocking it to 4.6 gh/z gets me close but it's still generally 27 fps.
>>
>>386661942
because you were acting 'offensive' in the first place.
>>
>>386660903
F-Zero GX emulates great on Dolphin now and has for a while.
>>
>>386662068
really? I haven't tried in a while.
>>
>>386662130
Yes. There was an effort to make Dolphin more accurate a while back and F-Zero GX was one of the main benchmarks for testing the accuracy.

It no longer has sync problems, replays work ,etc.
>>
>>386662040
Seems like you just have incredibly thin skin. Would you like a band-aid?
>>
It's great for older games that you want to play, but are ridiculously expensive to buy.
>>
>>386662251
nice shitpost m8
>>
>>386660078

Preserves vidya and often enhances playability/visual quality. I am a supporter of emulation.
>>
>>386660078
if you can do it it should be done.
>>
>>386661212
>>r/pcmasterrace
>>
Ace Combat 4 and Zero are good
>>
>>386661793
You turned into a big baby the minute he asked for evidence. If you are going to be a big faggot making claims but unwilling to support them, you can always just leave the thread instead of continuing to cry.

Honest question, are you actually old enough to browse this site?
>>
>>386663840
fuck off, I didn't make any claims at all. I only said I preferred playing on the original hardware. It was him (i.e., you) that was a faggot about it whining for evidence even though I was advocating emulation the entire time.
>>
>>386664050
You made specific claims of emulators being dodgy at times and when asked to give an example of what you consider dodgy, you turned into a little girl.

Also, I'm not the original person you chimped out on but your paranoia is telling.

His question was legitimate because some people whine about a single pixel being off or a shadow not showing up which have no effect on anything and he, and then I, wanted to know if you were having legit issues or just being autistic.

So far, it seems you are autistic.
>>
>>386660078
does anyone else really want rock band 3 to be supported and fully work? imagine someone dumping the entire DLC list, and even the idea of homebrew DLC. network implementation is long away but playing against someone online would be dope. it'd be like living through my stepmania era again.
>>
>>386664250
I already gave an example in the very first post I made in the thread, although inaccuracy and dodgy emulation are 2 very different things. Why are you so triggered by the fact I said I prefer playing on the original hardware?
>>
File: Cemu 2017-06-29 06-17-43-60.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-06-29 06-17-43-60.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
Allows me to save money on shitty consoles once I realise how mediocre its games are.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.