[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTMARKERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1032.png (562KB, 1000x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1032.png
562KB, 1000x473px
QUESTMARKERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
can't say I'm surprised based on the reading through some comments and caps of people complaining about not knowing what to do
>>
>>386660056
i just hope you can disable them and the game doesn't rely on them
this way it will be just easy mode for retards who can't think or read and noone will die by my hand
>>
>>386660056
There is nothing inherently wrong with quest markers.
>>
File: 635534.jpg (44KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
635534.jpg
44KB, 459x459px
Thats not true, right?
>>
>>386660056

You can disable questmarkers
>>
>>386660671
there is everything wrong with questmarkers
ESPECIALLY inherently since the fundamental concept of quest markers is already causing the problems. It's not only ugly. It turns the game into following checkpoints.
>>
>>386660928

sry, didn't mean to post as sage.
>>
>>386660671

questmarkers are the cancer that killed RPGs
>>
Good, that murder investigation quest is such a fucking pain in the ass. It's one of the most boring tedious experiences in gaming.
>>
>>386660056
good
>>
>>386660056
You fags didn't even play the first game, if you don't think opening your map to see where the next way shrine is in a linear zone progression is near identical get the fuck out
>>
>>386660056
please, PLEASE tell me you can disable them
>>
>>386662948
you can

>>386662441
>>386660671
questmarkers make the game easier, but encourages lazy design. Who needs to put effort into questlogs and dialouge describing a path like in older RPGs when you can just pinpoint the exact location someone needs to go?

>>386662370
that murder investigation would be the most boring shit with quest markers, who needs looking for clues if you can just run from marker to marker?

Witcher 3 is the fucking worst, not only does it have quest markers, but a fucking GPS on the map to guide even the dumbest player, god forbid paying attention to the environment and finding a path yourself.

Then it even highlights everything with witcher senses in an area, Witcher 3 is the epitome of casualfaggotry, fuck it.

Zelda botw does have quest markers but it doesn't show you every sidequest there is and encourages exploration, finding your own path through terrain is satisfying gameplay by itself, Witcher 3 ruins any sense of wonder this way.

Witcher 3 is literally autopilot: the game, fuck it so much.
>>
>>386663974
I never said that gps quest markers are good, the example you gave, BOTW, is perfect. For example in that godawful murder investigation it could highlight the general area where evidence can be found from what you have heard from suspects etc.

Quest markers shouldn't make a game mindless but it should remove some of the tedium
>>
File: 1491954265358.jpg (40KB, 425x461px) Image search: [Google]
1491954265358.jpg
40KB, 425x461px
>>386660056
Source?
>>
File: u srs.jpg (12KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
u srs.jpg
12KB, 300x218px
>>386660671
have fun with your atrophied hippocampus, newfriend.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-action-video-games-brain.html
>>
>>386660671
Yes there is. Quest markers means that you miss the basic gameplay elements of search and exploration. It takes away the little thought required to actually figure out where you're supposed to go, and turns it into a mindless task.

It's like using a walkthrough for a game. The guide says go here, you go here. Do this, and you do this. At that point, you're not playing a game. You're simply following instructions like a drone.
>>
>>386663974
everyting in the game other than the combat is boring
>>
>>386660056
Didn't the first game have questmarkers? I'm pretty sure it did, it would mark the general location of where your quest took place. Or do these new ones mark the exact person/place you have to go to?
>>
>>386660056
>its not going to be optional
You need to pretend not to be stupid.
>>
I FUCKING TOLD YOU THIS SHIT IS A FUCKING CONSOLE GARGABE!
SWEN WILL FUCKING PAY!! FUCK RPG CODEX!
KIDDYNY UNORIGINAL SHIT 2 DAY ONE PIRATE!
>>
File: Brock.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
Brock.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>386666940
Like clockwork
>>
>>386665693
This implies dungeons crawlers without maps are good for the hippocampus. Also, Taxi drivers have a more developed hippocampus they stated so why aren't you out driving a taxi.
>>
>>386666898
>questmarkers
>optional

Are you completely dumbfuck retarded or have you never played a game with questmarkers?

If quest markers are in then there's no other way to find your target without them because instead of the lore/npc/environment/quest text pointing you in the direction you will have questmarkers.

Go play skyrim without questmarkers and enjoy looking for that one cave you're supposed to go to with your only directions being 'it's to the left'.
>>
>>386666940
WHERE IS THE FUCKING SOURCE
>>
File: multiple-sources.jpg (28KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
multiple-sources.jpg
28KB, 500x281px
>>386668357

thank god someone finally gives me reason to use this reaction image
I've been waiting like a year or so
>>
If this is true, the important question becomes:

Does every single quest in the game have sufficient description to complete without tracking (allowing for players to disable the quest markers while still completing the game logically), or did the inclusion of quest markers necessitate their utilization. If it's the latter, game a shit
>>
From what I've played of the EA, they aren't a big deal. The marker may point to a location but you need to actually figure how to get there and through whatever challenges that may be in your. You also don't want to beeline as some of the fights demand you have good positioning or you will get fucked over quickly.
>>
File: 1500838947889.png (147KB, 367x647px) Image search: [Google]
1500838947889.png
147KB, 367x647px
>>386660056
THANKS FOR THE MONEY YOU FUCKS TIME TO BACK OUT ON KICKSTARTER GOALS AND DUMB THE GAME DOWN YET AGAIN
>>
>>386660671
this. larian is pretty based so every quest was likely already designed without them in mind with clues and descriptions, so they can just be turned off to get the true experience. as opposed to something like The Witcher 3 which was designed with quest markers in mind. playing without them is fucking retarded, they give you basically no clues to go on

I fear for their next game however. if they've started down the casual path there is likely no turning back. they want the call of duty audience.
>>
>>386660056
hopefully they are only available in babby explorer mode. nothing wrong with dumbing your game down for the retards, but keep the real players honest
>>
Not only quest markers, sometimes even a map system can be so good that it harms the game.
One of the reasons the souls saga is so liked and people talk about "immersion" or whatever the fuck that may be is due to not having quest markers, but most importantly, no map, but specially, no mini-map.
Mini-maps are the ultimate cancer. Most people end up playing the games paying more attention to the map than the game itself, and as a result, they don't memorize any landscape or scenarios.
>>
>>386667550
>To the left
Implying they even give you directions even that specific.

Most of the time it's just "go kill x in cave y"
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.