[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why hasn't this game failed yet like /v/ said it would?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 12975_street-fighter-v-prev.png (360KB, 700x507px) Image search: [Google]
12975_street-fighter-v-prev.png
360KB, 700x507px
why hasn't this game failed yet like /v/ said it would?
>>
Because people would still rather bitch about it than play other games.
>>
but did fail though, it bombed in sales massively

>b-but EVO!

Yeah one time a year where anyone gives a flying fuck about it, and it's only because it's EVO. Even lesser known games broke 100k viewers when they normally don't.
>>
It's big and popular. The pros play it because it's Street Fighter and Capcom offers huge prize pots, so there's incentive for people to practice it despite them not having fun with it.

For the record, I like SFV, but there are valid reasons to not like it
>>
It hasn't broken 2 million

It's sold on par with DmC Devil May Cry

As a well hyped exclusive no less
>>
because bullshit like goober gear and kekken only appeal to elitist autists
>>
>>386654375

>As a well hyped exclusive no less

Didn't know being on PC and console constituted "exclusive".
>>
File: 1499352128881.jpg (82KB, 650x957px) Image search: [Google]
1499352128881.jpg
82KB, 650x957px
>>386653681
because its fun
>>
The fifth game is always shit
>>
>>386654375
It's been on TV multiple times and has gotten a lot of work from big companies like Red Bull. It's probably doing pretty well despite the sales.
>>
>>386653681
because /v/ is always wrong unlike /pol/
>>
It's failure will become apparent when fewer people buy the sequel. The people who paid for this game will try to get their money's worth, but could already have lost interest in acquiring the next iteration.
>>
it's fun to talk shit about sfv and sfv players, plain and simple

sf is slowly becoming the new smash nowadays, smash is still trash though
>>
>>386653681
it did fail. what is keeping it "alive" is the eSports money.
>>
>>386653681
>>386656505
Because of the FagginGayCommunity, aka the fgc.
>>
Don't worry bro, the FGC revolution will finally end Capcom's evil reign.
>>
File: 1497495263648.jpg (29KB, 355x265px) Image search: [Google]
1497495263648.jpg
29KB, 355x265px
>>386654508
>goober gear
>kekken

nigga get the fuck back to tumblr, leddit or wherever you belong to because it isn't here.
>>
File: 22.png (134KB, 416x319px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
134KB, 416x319px
>>386655089
This outfit needs more art.

Some of the newer outfits are finally getting to be somewhat decent.
>>
>>386654508
Those elitist autists are the demographic that made up fighting games before games like SFV tried to reinvent it for american normalfag e-sports drones.
>>
Because it's likely that they put more money into the tournament scene than on the actual game's development, and there are a lot of people playing in those tournaments.
>>
>>386655396
nah

you know who's doing well? esports organizers and sponsors.

capcom getting cucked by their own shitty business practices

speaking of which, anyone got a link to that MvCi esports video? Capcunts keep taking it down
>>
File: 1501037149397.png (363KB, 418x416px) Image search: [Google]
1501037149397.png
363KB, 418x416px
Because it has the best girl
>>
>>386659202
here you go lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IenKqma580w
>>
>>386653681

Abigail put a little more life into it, so now people are more curious who the last two characters might be. The popular rumors / leaks is the Fortune Teller chick who appears in Ed's story, said to be named 'Menat' and the last character for season 3 is said to be Zeku, Guy's master.

Abigail got 'new character syndrome' - everyone hated him when they -first saw- him then when they started showing exhibition matches he grew on people, a lot. Even mkt-iwate the #1 player (balrog) for a long time seems to have fully switched to him, dropped to about 10th last time I saw him in a match, now Haitani is #1 again

Its stupid how dumbed down the game is compared to 4 but -sometimes- i have fun playing it i guess.
>>
USF4 did nothing wrong.
>>
It still hasn't met it's original first month sales target almost eighteen months later so I'd say it's a pretty big failure
>>
>>386653681
>1.7 million

Good luck with SFVI for the olympics.
>>
>>386653681
I played it for a month before I quit. It's just simply not good. They even took away the character select screen. How the fuck does that even?
>>
>>386653681
Except it literally did fail, it sold far below projections and is already down 50% in entrants at Evo in it's 2nd year. Capcom shills wouldnt have to make these threads if the game was actually popular.
>>
Evo attendance dropped like a rock. Does anyone know about how the DLC continues to sell?
>>
>>386653681
Because the only thing it failed was the initial release, competitive scene kept it alive and well, which most people forget was the initial plan for SFV, this year's number of entrants in EVO was the second highest in SF history, and only because last year was still riding on the initial release wave
>>
I'm not sure if it's a total flop but you'd never call it a success.
>>
>>386654717
It was notably unavailable on xbox and nintendo
Dont be a retard
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.