[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confession time, what are some famous/classic franchises that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: Get a job.png (395KB, 847x463px)
Get a job.png
395KB, 847x463px
Confession time, what are some famous/classic franchises that you haven't played a single game of?

For me it's Sonic
>>
>>386650687
you are not missing anything. mario and megaman does literally everything better.

for me metal gear.
>>
I haven't played a single Nintendo game unless pokemon go counts
>>
I was born in 1990 and I've not played a single Mario, Zelda, Silent Hill or Resident Evil game

I just don't care
>>
>>386650687
Castlevania and Final Fantasy
>>
DMC. I played both Bayonetta games so I really want to try them. But my autism demands I play through a series in order, and playing the first game looks difficult. It emulates poorly, and it never got rereleased like 3 and 4.
>>
I'm way too retarded to play Zelda and Dragon Quest
>>
>>386650869
>>386650950
mario and zelda aren't really worth it in todays standards. if you must play mario once play super mario bros 3. don't bother with zelda.

i recommend metroid.
>>
Ive played every famous franchise
>>
File: 1374094352136.jpg (30KB, 392x500px)
1374094352136.jpg
30KB, 392x500px
>>386650687
Mass Effect
>>
>>386650950
>>386650869
How can you go your entire childhood without playing the original Super Mario Bros? That shit was literally everywhere and I was fucking born in 97.
>>
>>386651043
These games are designed for kids, you must have some serious disabilities if you find them hard.
>>
>>386650687
>Yakuza
>Persona
>SMT in general
>Ratchet and Clank
>God of War
>KoTOR
>Animal Crossing
>F-Zero
>Castlevenia
>Street Fighter
Shit I'm not a real nigga at all.
>>
>>386651038
>and it never got rereleased like 3 and 4.
What? Yes it did. 2 as well, but that game sucks.
>>
>>386650687
Pokemon
Final fantasy
>>
Halo

...or for that matter, any big name franchise from the tail end of the PS360 generation
>>
File: IMG_3195.gif (98KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3195.gif
98KB, 314x319px
I owned a Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance and have never played a Pokémon game.
>>
Metal Gear
Metroid
Fire Emblem
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Castlevania
Final Fantasy
Half Life
God of War
Uncharted
Dark Souls
>>
What should we consider 'famous' or 'classic'? I hadn't touched a single Tales or Trials game, it's the only series I can think of I hadn't got into that I have interest in.
>>
Most western games
Most notably things like call of duty, elder scrolls, fallout, halo.
I like Rockstar's games though
>>
I haven't played any MOBAs or MMOs. Or grand strategy games, really. I haven't played any Castlevania games yet. There are plenty of JRPG series I haven't touched yet, like Phantasy Star.
>>
File: Dancing_fossil.gif (617KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing_fossil.gif
617KB, 500x375px
sonic
kirby
donkey kong
star fox
metroid
castlevania
silent hill
dragon quest
street fighter
doom
elder scrolls
fallout
wolfenstein
halo
gears of war
bioware stuff
chrono trigger
xenogears

probably a lot more but nothing comes to mind at the moment
>>
Does "playing it for 5 minutes and throwing it to the crash can" count as not having played it?

If so I should add Fallout
>>
I haven't spent a penny on videogames since 2010 when I rented RDR and was subscribed to EVE Online. During this giant span of time, the only games I've played were Minecraft, Haven & Hearth, Master of Orion, Stardew Valley, Sacred, a shitload of emulated SNES games, Legend of Dragoon, FTL, Age of Empires 1, 2, Stronghold 1, Stronghold Crusader
and that's about it. That means I've been avoiding every single "AAA" game that has come out in the past 7 years. I only genuinely discuss games that I've played, the rest is trolling.
>>
>Megaman
>Sonic
>Castlevania
>God of War
>Tekkan
>Street Fighter
>Metroid

The list keeps going on and on.
>>
>>386650687
MGS
>>
>>386650687
Grand theft auto
>>
I've never played Warcraft in any form
>>
>>386652016
>saying the original DMC sucks
fucking underage holy shit you're garbage
>>
Castlevania
>>
>>386653281
Holy fuck, are you actually blind? I didn't say that at all. Learn to read.

Seriously, what's up with your reading comprehension? I said that 2 sucks, and it does.
>>
Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>386651361
Only the first one is good
>>
>>386653281
It's pretty bad nowadays, I loved the fuck out of that game back when but it's clunky and garbage now. It's aged worse than most everything else imo.
>>
>>386650687
Legend of Zelda
>>
>>386653462
Nah fuck off. I played it for the first time a few months ago and it was great.
>>
I've never played a Final Fantasy game.
>>
I'll give you a entire developer i haven't played a single game from.

Blizzard
>>
File: 1502209761952.gif (1MB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
1502209761952.gif
1MB, 300x212px
>>386651948
Nigga I am in the same boat with you. I missed many classics just like you, except for KotOR, P5 and P2(IS).

So little time, so many good old games.But I can't even touch them because I can't get used to some mechanics and graphics, then I lose interest all of a sudden. Some modern day mechanics are real cancer.
>>
>>386650687
Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, DQ, Half Life.
>>
File: lv.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
lv.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>386653761
But this one was fun
>>
>>386652978
kys
>>
>>386653617
I love the game, but holy shit is the camera awful. I'm an autist when it comes to broken mechanics and general unfairness in video games and DMC1 takes the cake for the biggest amount of bullshit in an action game.

At least in Onimusha combat was slower, so having a locked camera wasn't as intrusive. It's annoying as fuck in DMC, though.
>>
File: 1462818346509.jpg (47KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462818346509.jpg
47KB, 375x375px
Devil May Cry, God of War, Dark Souls, Metal Gear, Street Fighter and the Sims
>>
File: 1493362989601.png (175KB, 450x368px)
1493362989601.png
175KB, 450x368px
>>386653935
no
>>
>>386650687
>I still haven't played doom
>Still haven't played Fallout
>Metroid
>Castlevania
>Persona
>Half life
>Own Silent Hill and Resident Evil since my brother gave me his old games but I still haven't played them
I feel so bad whenever there's a reference to one of these and I didn't get it because I really have no excuse. I've taken to just pretending to get it since I've been on /v/ for so long I've picked up enough knowledge about them that I can bullshit.
>>
Zelda, Mario, MegaMan, Dark souls, CS and a ton more that I can't think of
>>
>>386650687
Halo
>>
>>386650687
Castlevania, I really wanna play it, but something always stops me from doing so.
>>
>>386650687
Just saw this episode today.
The animation and artstyle got such a huge upgrade. Also the new OP is fucking wicked.

Never played DOOM and I've only played like one or two Metroid games. Never played Animal Crossing or God of War either.
>>
>>386654446
It was a little weird at first for me at the beginning, but now I look at pre US super and it's just so bad in comparison. Not to mention that they just stepped everything up and made more things consistent in general, which was really much needed. Some parts before that arc were really good, but there were a LOT of lows, and they were very low.
>>
>>386654198
>>Still haven't played Fallout
>>Metroid
>>Castlevania
>>Persona
>>Half life
Meh.
>DOOM
Unforgivable.
>>
>>386650687
>GTA
>DMC
>Silent Hill
>Chrono Trigger
>FFVII
>God of War
>>
>>386650687
I play since the mid 90s but mainly on PC and I've only owned some Nintendo consoles so I didn't play any Xbox/Sony exclusive.

Also, no GTA, Halo, Gears of War

No JRPG except Pokemon
In fact almost no japanese game. Only some from those franchises: Mario, Pokemon, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken and absolutely nothing else.
>>
>Dragon Quest
>Rune Factory
>Pikmin
>Kirby
>Jak and Daxter
I have more franchises that I tried but didn't complete a single game
>Zelda
>Silent Hill
>Metroid
>Half Life
>Castlevania
>Megaman
>Sonic
>Chrono Trigger (got to the Black Omen though)
>Tales
>>
File: cloud.png (589KB, 1010x707px) Image search: [Google]
cloud.png
589KB, 1010x707px
I love dragon quest but i have never played final fantasy or kingdom hearts i tried them for like a couple of minutes and they bored me, i just don't like any of the final fantasy or kingdom heart anime characters they are just to girly or emo they just don't look like a real hero

In dragon quest everyone is a Goku , i can relate to that
>>
>Castlevania
>Quake
>DMC
>God of War
>Half Life
>Silent Hill
>Halo
>>
Call of Duty and Halo are probably the most "famous" franchises that I haven't touched.

Don't think I have missed anything worth playing, though.
>>
>Legend of Zelda
>Metroid
>Elder Scrolls
>any Final Fantasy other than XV
>Dark Souls
>Tekken
>Half Life
>God of War
>Chrono Trigger
>Persona
>SMT
>Animal Crossing
>Silent Hill
>Metal Gear
>Devil May Cry
>Power Stone
>Deus Ex
>Xenoblade
>Counter Strike
>Bioware in general
>Far Cry
>Yazuka
>Any RPG that isn't the Earthbound, Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario, or Fallout series
I would play all of these games, but I just don't have the time to invest in most of these games.
>>
the only turn-based rpgs i've ever played are pokemon and chrono trigger
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.