[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ELEX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Elex-Titel.jpg (894KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elex-Titel.jpg
894KB, 1920x1080px
This is either going to be PBs best work or a complete disaster

the fuck is all this even? I
>>
>>386650260

just that pose looks uncomfortable
>>
from all the looks of gameplay footage it looks like a total disaster
>>
Looks alright to me. By now I know what to expect from PB. I have managed to suffer through Gothic 3, and while there is no way in hell I would do it again, ELEX looks much better.
>>
>>386650260
>>386650662
>>386650726
>>386651389
reading the comments on some yt videos makes this game look like the second coming of christ

I can't tell if it's me or the game anymore

That being said I did at the very least enjoy every game PB put out so I can't see this being worse than your average WRPG

If I get to control a giant mech and shoot up the degenerate tree fuckers then that'll be good enough
>>
>>386652335
Tree fuckers and mecha guys are on friendly terms, but you can probably get away with a massacre with nothing worse than a slap on the wrist. Apparently almost anyone can be killed in the game, and I can't imagine PB implementing any half-decent reactivity for this shit.
>>
>>386652910
Well they are going full open world meme as it seems

I can't see them not just at least turning you permanently hostile to everyone in the vicinity of your murdering spree
>>
i like the concept of a wasteland that takes place very long after a very far technologicly advanved future
too bad germans can usually only do generic videogames without any character with its mechanic being an uninspired mash up from other popular games
>>
some of the stuff in this game is ripped right out of fallout, but it looks cool for what it is. might give it a try.
>>
>>386650260
I hope it's a masterpiece.
>>
File: 1473368676107.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1473368676107.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
Have you seen all the gameplay videos retards?

It looks rather clunky, boring and uninspiring as hell just like Risen 2-3
>>
>>386650260
The combat animations look like utter dogshit, they're very jerky and have no acceleration frames or any kind of feel of inertia to them. This was fine back in 2000, but not in 2017. The combat system itself looks like it's going to be another rehash of R2/3 combat system and not a return to the vastly superior R1 combat system.

PB are incompetent retards, this shit will bomb harder than R2/3.
>>
It's probably going to be not good.
>>
>>386656350
>bomb harder than R2/3

Can it do the impossible?
>>
>>386656471
Risen 2/3 at the very least belonged to somehow established by R1 franchise.
Elex? The fuck is that?
>>
Saw some gameplay footage.

Game overall looks better than Risen 2 and Risen 3.
Density of content will decide if it ends up better or worse than the first Risen - Which was great except for the lack of content in the second half.

ELEX getting delayed because the console version takes time might be the best in everyones interest.
>>
>>386658506
>Elex? The fuck is that?

a toothpaste
>>
File: 1492036624404.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492036624404.png
319KB, 640x480px
Combat looks like trash, just like every other PB game.

Honestly, PB should have followed Larian's lead and switched from action RPGs to CRPGs. Hell, I don't know why PB still makes aRPGs. They're no good at it.
>>
>>386659421
>implying there was anything wrong with Gothic 1+2 combat or Risen 1 combat
>>
>>386659421
larian goofed by making a crpg with a shit world and story. those two reasons are the main reasons why i play crpgs and rpg games in general. how the fuck am i supposed to get into divinity os when the writing is literally *holds up spork*? it's a good ultima clone but really quite flawed.
>>
>>386659557
I've not played Gothic, so I can't speak for it.

But I did play Risen, and the combat is fucking dogshit.
>>
File: 230230_2014-07-14_00003.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
230230_2014-07-14_00003.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386659692
>how dare a fantasy game do something other than the same generic tolkein-ish shit
>how DARE THEY have FUN with the world they create?
I bet you're a real blast at parties, anon.
>>
>>386659979
fuck off and take your spork with you dude
>>
>>386659772
>game lets you pick the direction of your hits
>also lets you parry like that
>no rolling shit but clever timed evade moves are required at times

There really is nothing wrong with melee combat in Risen 1.
Like in Gothic the offensive magic is pretty barebones and spammy but melee is fine.
>>
>>386660084
>There really is nothing wrong with melee combat in Risen 1.
Its clunky garbage, anon.

What good is picking the direction of my attacks/parries if what I'm doing feels like controlling an action figure submerged in mud?
>>
>>386661103
>clucky
Hardly.
Your character can be quite fast. If you played the game for longer than 2 hours you would have seen situations in which you need to react fast against quick enemies.

I guess you would dislike Gothics combat as well because it works similar.
Well, maybe some would call it clunky if the most ''hardcore'' combat they know is Dark Souls which consists of Light Attack - Heavy Attack and Rolling
>>
>>386661598
>I-It gets good after a few hours!
Its shit.
>>
>>386662710
One of the main appeals of Gothic/Risen 1 is watching your character develop.

Yes. At the start you are a disgusting piece of shit who can't hold anything heavier than a shitty long stick.
But eventually you invest into yourself and get faster, stronger and better.

If you want to be the giant dragonkiller right from the get go just play Skyrim.
>>
>>386662710
Feeling of progression is something magical in Gothic 1.
You start off as some retarded shit that will get stunlocked to death by overgrown chickens, but you'll start one shotting them once you get some levels.
>>
>>386662886
>>386662993
>the gameplay sucks at first on purpose
This is trash game design.
>>
>>386663913
The Skyrim generation, ladies and gentlemen. They care nothing for a sense of progression. It's not clunky, he doesn't know how to swing a sword. So he does it badly. As you train and improve with swordsmen trainers the animations change and you can swing properly, and faster. That's awesome game design that was praised back then, you're just too young to remember that.
>>
File: DGuqQppWAAAeR8I.jpg (61KB, 639x652px) Image search: [Google]
DGuqQppWAAAeR8I.jpg
61KB, 639x652px
I gonna buy on ps4. Risen 3 was ok but Risen 1 was better.
>>
>>386664837
I actually enjoyed Risen 2.
>>
File: 1501779523844.jpg (117KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501779523844.jpg
117KB, 720x960px
>>386664905
The world design and quest are fine, but the pirate setting is trash. Elex is gonna have bad reviews like always but i gonna buy day one.
>>
>>386665138
Why is the pirate setting trash? I enjoyed it. Gothic 2 has pirates in it, so they certainly weren't new to the series. Risen had pirates as well. It also felt like natural progression, as the medieval age sort of ended and ushered in an age of piracy that mirrored our own world. I quite liked it, but mechanically the game was inferior to the first in many ways.
>>
>>386665249
But i like medieval setting, the pirates was only a 5% of the game, Risen 2 and 3 was full.
>>
>>386664592
>The Skyrim generation,
>you're just too young to remember that.
You really should try not to be such an assumptive shitlord.

Crippling your gameplay for the sake of narrative consistency is trash design. There are better means by which to evoke a sense of progression.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.