[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo decides to jump on the cinematic universe bandwagon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 4256328-super+smash.jpg (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4256328-super+smash.jpg
2MB, 1200x1600px
Nintendo decides to jump on the cinematic universe bandwagon and create a Nintendo Cinematic Universe leading up to an Avengers-style Smash Bros movie. Which characters get their own films first? Who gets cast?
>>
Arnold Schwarzenegger stars as Captain Falcon.
>>
Mario gets filmed first, obviously
Then chronological order of fighters until Olimar, then make the Smash Bros. Movie
>>
>>386644256
I can't think of who would star ness or mega man, child actors usually aren't very good.
>>
Patrick Stewart plays kirby
>>
> John Goodman as Mario and/or Kirby
> Emma Roberts as Pikafu
> Schwarzenegger as Captain Falcon
> Julia Vins as Samus
> Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Link
> Pilou Asbaek as Luigi
> Robert Downsy Jr. as Fox
> Idris Elba as Dankey Kang
>>
>implying any actors are good enough for this and it wouldn't just be CG
Half of the characters have no/shit voice lines, just use the standard shit. This would force them to focus more on a decent fucking story.

>>386646140
>Casting IronShill as anything in this
Confirmed shit taste.

At least you somewhat redeemed yourself with Idris and Schwarzenegger
>>
Mario - Ron Swanson
Luigi - Miley Cirus
Kirby - Patrick Stewart
Captain Falcon - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Link - Michael Phelps
Pikachu - PewDiePie
Fox - Usain Bolt
Samus - Todd Howard
>>
Mario - Dan Fogler
Link - Dean Charles Chapman
Samus - Emily Blunt (this should have happened by now)
Captain Falcon - Jon Bernthal

The rest could just be voiced by their normal VAs though Sonic should be updated to be less 90s
>>
>>386644256
I would do anything I can to stop this project. There is no way it would be good, and all that money could be used to make decent games instead.
>>
>>386644256
No way the Nintendo universes can coexist in the same universe
>>
>>386644256
So who's the Loki or rather the main antagonist of the movie?
>>
I'm a producer trying to get Nintendo to allow me to adapt the Tellius Fire Emblem games into a live action TV series, but my true plan is to make this happen.

Personally, my plan is to work with IPs that people KNOW OF, but arenn't exactly big in the public eye. Specifically I think a Metroid movie (I specifically want to adapt Super and it's isolated atmosphere into film) and Splatoon (Which I also want adapted into a cartoon)

I want to hype people hype for the inevitable Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros movies first before actually making them.
>>
>>386648272
>into a live action TV series
Please don't, vidya to live action is never good
>>
A Nintendo cinematic universe would be irredeemably shit, the games are simply too different from one another to work together. The original premise of Smash Bros was that the fighters were figurines in a collector's house that were brought to life to fight. And in Brawl, the fighters all lived in a separate universe that was completely different from their original ones. All things considered, Subspace Emissary probably did the best job of creating a storyline involving Smash characters and that's far from being a masterpiece in storytelling.

Having said that, a few Nintendo franchises could make some decent films if they were set in their own universe and had competent writers/directors at the helm. Metroid could make a decent action horror film (like the Alien series before it went to shit). I think F-Zero has the basis for a pretty solid action/racing film too. Although no self-respecting director or writer will want to work on a film based on video games.
>>
>>386644256
Zelda gets the first movie because it's the easiest normie bait.
>>
>>386648272
>implying Nintendo acknowledges that Tellius exists
Have fun making an Awakening/Fates TV series featuring Marth and possibly Caeda.
>>
Puff - The buff ass black old spice guy
>>
>>386644256
If sakurai has any say the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters are going to be the only ones that do anything
>>
>>386649361
What about Kirby?
>>
>>386646140
Danny DeVito can be Wario
>>
Liam O Brian as Fox, all I ask for.
>>
>>386649361
In Subspace Emissary, the only characters that did anything important were the Kirby characters (and Sonic, who was just thrown into the script at the last second).
>>
>>386644256
Marth, Roy, Lucina, Dark Pit, Robin, and Chrom are the main characters.
>>
>>386649784
>responding to retards
>>
>>386648475
JCVD street fighter is the tits son
>>
>>386649784
If this hypothetical movie was being made back then, that would probably happen. If there was a story mode in Smash 4 the same thing would've happened except much larger.
>>
>>386644256
Mario obviously, it would be their 'origin' story. A quick overview of Yoshi's island before jumping to them falling into a warp pipe and ending up in a modern looking city (not Brooklyn). Then the start of the movie is Mario getting a job with his brother fixing pipes, fighting Koopa coming to attack them and then finding the source, returning to the Mushroom Kingdom and their first fight with Bowser to rescue Peach and undo the evil spell.
>>
>>386646928
Subspace emissary
>>
>>386651304
smash is not canon
>>
>>386644256
I'd say Metroid or Zelda are the obvious cinematic starters. But I would love to have a road trip style movie of New Super Mario Bros Wii where Mario and Co. Travel to rescue Peach and the koopalings occasionally stand in their way kind of like Stardust Crusaders.
I wouldn't mind an updated version of Kirby Right back at ya for the Kirby movie either
>>
>>386651304
Subspace Emissary takes place in the World of Trophies, a world that is separate from the universe that each character originates from.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.