[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post Trinities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

File: arpg_trinity.png (582KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
arpg_trinity.png
582KB, 1000x1200px
ITT: We post Trinities
>>
someone sell me on PoE
Keep in mind i'm casual as fuck and only mildly interested in anything isometric
>>
File: wRPGs.jpg (2MB, 2128x2398px) Image search: [Google]
wRPGs.jpg
2MB, 2128x2398px
>>
>>386641324
nice Trinity
>>
>>386641278

Tons of stuff to find, tons of stuff to customise, hideout you can decorate and craft stuff in your items. Endgame map content has separate story content to it so if you're a sucker for that kind of thing, theres still reason for you to play endgame.
>>
>>386641497
Can you respec? Jumping into the game I have no fucking clue what to do and if I'm ruining my character forever
>>
File: 983849755.png (3KB, 397x55px) Image search: [Google]
983849755.png
3KB, 397x55px
>>386641278
try it out. I was in the same position as you and my friends convinced me to play it. I thought it was boring as fuck though so hey ho.
Too much to learn, and where's the fun? 30 hours in? I'll pass, I'm not hardcore enough to give a shit about 50 different stats and modifiers on weapons and abilities.
From what I've just written though it's probably clear I really didn't take the time to learn the game, but you might me grabbed. My friends love it.
>>
>>386641497
Can you enjoy the game playing alone?
>>
>>386641223
nice
>>
>>386641324
>Pathfinder
God, what on Earth would possess you to include that?
>>
>>386641223
Why does torchlight 2 feels so shitty to play compared to all other arpgs? I just can't play it for more than 20 levels.
>>
>>386641223
Isn't Torchlight shit?
>>
>>386641803
>>386641807
i agree, couldnt play it for more than 30 minutes
>>
>>386641223
torchlight 2 is worse than sacred 2
>>
>>386641803
Personally, I feel like it tries too hard to make everything feel impactful, and as a result makes what should be spectacular fall flat.
Grim Dawn pulls it off a lot better by having a select number of spectacular skills while still retaining some weight to normal attacks.
>>
>>386641278
It's free.
>>
>>386641617

You grind for items that allow you one respec points, and you get some respec points from missions. So you don't have to worry about fucking up slightly but if your build is fundamentally shit, nothing is going to save it. Build ton of Life/ES and cap resists and you can take even shittier build to the endgame relatively safely though. Common beginner mistakes is not building enough life/ES and resistances, and trying to do 3-color build as the first character. Stick with 1-2 color builds, not all 3.

>>386641663

There is a Solo Self-Found Mode with a separate Ladder to it. You can't co-op or trade in that mode, but you can exit that mode and make your character Standard League anytime you want, you just can't change it back to SSF.
>>
>>386641992
alright thanks for the tips. Is there any beginner video that's good?
>>
Is earthquake still good in PoE?
>>
>>386641807
I liked it before I played literally any other ARPG. Can't stand to go back to it now. Very little depth and the way leveling works is probably one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen.
>>
>>386642141

New expansion came with extensive active tutorial when you're playing it. No idea how good it is because I just turned it off immediatly. But the tutorial is there, explaining especially all the other expansion mechanics like Vaal side dungeons, Masters, Prophecies, Labyrinths etc. Like I said theres a ton of shit to find in the wilderness when each new expansion and league have been adding more and more stuff for midgame content so you won't get bored of the game because of lack of content anytime soon.
>>
>>386642746
This, holy shit. Not only that but the skills were pretty boring themselves.
>>
Are you guys hyped for the grim dawn expansion? I hope the necromancer wont be only about pets.
>>
>>386641223
I'd either put torchlight 1 or Diablo 2 instead of Torchlight 2
>>
>>386643609
Torchlight 2 is flawed and dull but how exactly is 1 better than it?
>>
>>386643198
Definitely looking forward to it. Necro has a lot of vitality/aether related spells if you prefer a caster playstyle, and for melee options it has a couple WPS and a large AoE skill that's mechanically similar to Amarasta's Blade Burst that Nightblade has.
>>
Anyone else feel like every build in POE amounts to doing the exact same thing? Getting a skill for uber fast clearing and blasting through maps; projectile/ranged of some sort with super high HP/ES. You can't be a tank nor glass cannon - just feels like every build becomes the same thing just with different special effects.
>>
What about Titan Quest?
>>
>>386644794
Its pretty fun but ive found it runs like shit once you get to egypt. Some mods are crazy like the paths one, if you like absolutely umbalanced shit.
>>
>>386641970
Yep. TL2 was the one ARPG I have played where there is constantly so much shit happening and numbers flying everywhere that it was actually hard for me to follow what was going on
>>
>>386641223
Except Grim Dawn is actually great unlike the other 2 games.
>>
>>386641223
Torchlight II are fucking shite, and Grim Dawn is mediocre at best.

There's the Holy Duality of Diablo II and Path of Exile.
>>
>>386644746
>game about killing stuff
>hmm guys i think these different ways to kill enemies ultimately come down to me doing the same thing

I want to berate you for your lesser intelligence and understanding but in all honesty, you are playing the game wrong

Have you tried SSF? I don't like particularily like it but playing one character through the main quest in this fashion felt like a breath of fresh air which I desperately needed
>>
>>386641617
>Can you respec?
No. It is absolutely unviable to respec a character. You do get some refund points from quests, but it is too little for a full respec and respeccing with currency is prohibitively expensive so you only get to correct minor mistakes in your passive tree. Don't forget that this is a positive point in the mind of the rabid fanboys and the retarded design team, because "your choices matter". If you want to play a well designed ARPG play Grim Dawn.
>>
>>386641278
PoE isn't isometric. Not only does the camera not adhere to said angle and orthographic view, it is also too zoomed in to be enjoyable.

The mechanics of the game are solid, though.
>>
>>386645726
There isn't a single negative to no full respecs besides "muh convenience"

Take D3 for instance where everything about the skill system is made to be cookie cutter, nothing about it feels rewarding

but muh "rabid fanboys" am i right
>>
Grim Dawn was way too dedicated to its central theme in level design. The entire world in that game felt like an overly long Act 1 from another ARPG.
>>
>>386646196
>There isn't a single negative to no full respecs
>but muh "rabid fanboys" am i right
case in point

I was not advocating respecs at any time with no cost, but a balanced approach which actually let's you respec without wasting a ridiculous amount of currency.
>>
>>386641223
Fall of Oriath literally killed all hack'n'slash games. Every single one of them. There is just PoE now.
How did GGG do it?
>>
>>386645726
Every skill being "X% chance to Y while Z" is the exact opposite of well designed.
>>
>>386646345
How is it ridiculous amounts?
At most you'll need maybe a 100 regrets which in good times is less than 2 exalts

Unless you're a disgusting pleb who literally can't afford anything this should amount to nothing

>but no lets include full respecs so the mouthbreathing masses can remedy their mistakes without learning a single thing

I think you missed the entire point here
It's supposed to be punishing if you fuck up your skill tree
>>
>>386646401
Okay, anon keep buying the "supporter" packs.

>Some skills being "X% chance to Y while Z" is the exact opposite of well designed.
Let's cut out the hyperbole, but go ahead and explain how it is poor design. I doubt you can make a point except "I don't like thing!".
>>
>>386641223
>unholy trinity of games far worse than d3
>>
>>386646649
>At most you'll need maybe a 100 regrets which in good times is less than 2 exalts
Why would I spend 2 Exalts when I can level a new character and actually get even more currency on top of that?
>>
>>386641663
I even prefer playing without party but i do ttrade with other players. There is a solo-self found setup you can play with 0 interaction with others
>>
>>386646649
>It's supposed to be punishing if you fuck up your skill tree
Games should not punish players that are trying to learn the game. At the very least you should be given a single opportunity for a full respec. I agree that being able to constantly respec without ever having to commit to a single build is bad design, but players should be taught how to play the game, then offered a chance to fully respec their character once they understand the game.
>>
>>386646307
I kinda agree on this. Compared to like, diablo 3, whose world design was all over the place but pretty fun and visually interesting, grim dawn has a lot of world building going on but the map itself is pretty boring. I hope the expansion will fix this but im pretty sure it wont.
>>
>>386647017
I disagree

The player did nothing to deserve the reward of a respec

Being lenient with your student at the most critical time of his failure will teach him nothing
>>
File: attachment.jpg (227KB, 1024x325px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
227KB, 1024x325px
>>386643198
I definitely am.

>I hope the necromancer wont be only about pets.
Have you not been keeping up with the Grim Misadventures?
>>
>>386647017
>give a new player one full respec
>he doesn't understand the concept of dodging, gets raped by Malachai and decides that surely his build is at fault
>he respecs into something even worse because he has no clue what he's doing
>now he'll never beat Malachai because the game didn't teach him to move out of the damn way
>>
>>386643198
Is it going to add 6 new acts?
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (7KB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
7KB, 200x151px
>>386647626
>points out it's possible to fuck up a build badly enough to halt your ability to progress
>while arguing against giving new players a respec lifeline
>>
>>386647256
This, honestly. New players should eiter just get everything right the first time around or just copypaste some pro builds made from other people without ever experiencing why something is good or bad first hand. Its like an author not publishing directly his first draft but thinking he's entitled to """correcting""" it. Can you imagine?
>>
>>386647626
>Dont give new player a full respec
>He builds like shit because he has no clue what he is doing
>Now he will never beat malachai
>>
>>386648045
Or maybe new players should not expect to be able to plow through all of the post-game content by simply going "YOLO".
>>
>>386647256
>I disagree
Then I hope you never design a game anon. Why would you punish a player for actually playing the game instead of just copying other people's builds? It's incredibly easy to mess up if you don't fully grasp the game's mechanics.
>>386647626
>Game does a poor job at teaching the gameplay.
>Instead of giving the player a chance to salvage his character he should be punished.
Solid game design anon. Let's ignore how rare this actually is going to be, but you know how this could be solved much better? Detect if the player rarely avoids hits and just tries to facetank and give him a message to suggest adjusting his play style.
>>
>>386643198
It's not but I already am building my next character as necro/occultist specifically to take advantage of the new pets. I was considering shaman but I think I would enjoy occultist secondary more, I fucking hate Primal Spirit's mechanic. I guess it all depends on if necro has a better class aura since occultist doesn't have one, if it doesn't have a good signature I will stick with shaman over occultist for that pet aura. Occultist is just better damage than shaman, and triggering shepherd's call is super easy with sigil, just drop the shit and move back to your summon upkeep; the biggest tossup will be wendigo totem vs. blood of dreeg for sustainability though. I hope necro has some good sustain skills to replace one of them.
>>
File: 1339273882850.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1339273882850.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
First respec
>1 regret
Second
>4 regrets
Third
>16 regrets
And so on.
>>
Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest are probably some of the most boring games i've ever fucking played.
>>
>>386647626
At that point it's not the game's fault. If you as a player do not understand the concept of "Oh, this monster hurts when it hits me, I should learn how to avoid it" then I'd avoid ARPGS altogether.
>>
Diablo 3 ROS is objectively better than Torchlight 2.
>>
>>386641223
TL1 >>>>>>>> TL2
>>
>>386647405
Not really, I like the idea of exploring a class by myself the first time around now that ive played long enough to have a clue on the game, so i dont want to get spoiled too much.
>>
>>386648405
When they first showed Necro on stream one of its exclusive skills gave a bunch of pet stats, so it'll probably be better than Primal Bond. Aside from a few skills Shaman is kinda shit compared to the other masteries in my opinion.
>>
>>386648623
I agree but that's not saying much. I remember people actually shilling tl2 at the time, but the game is really garbage.
>>
>>386648823
I agree, the only BIG hit I will be taking to DPS by not using Shaman is the warcry the tree uses, and that is easily overpowered by so many things in Occultist, the dreeg's blood poison buff with the new necro minion will be strong as fuck, not to mention the fucking raven aura and the fact that occultist has a very strong nonsignature minion aura.
>>
>>386648823
It definitely feels weaker compared to the classes but i think it has some of the most interesting builds out there
> lifesteal caster conjurer
> Lightning man
> Retaliation warder
>>
I want to say i played PoE 2 years ago? Has it changed enough since then?
>>
>>386649554
They removed difficulty levels and replaced it with a 10 act system this patch. It's at least worth a playthrough.
>>
My only gripe with Grim Dawn is there's no "random infinite dungeon" to play after you finish the (pretty damn short) main quest, and the hand-crafted levels mean that exploring the non-story parts of the map means they grow stale pretty damn quick as well.
>>
>>386649631
There is the crucible, kinda.
>>
>>386641223
Is "unholy" supposed to mean shitty grindfests with 1-dimensional gameplay... Or something else?
>>
>>386648823
Retal builds are very deep in shaman.
>>
>>386649027
Shaman tree has a flat 106% damage increase to all allied damage. Not just one type of spell.
>>
>>386649737
Yeah true, but arena modes lack any sense of forward progression because even if you get a bunch of cool shit there's nothing to actually do with it except go further in the arena.
>>
>>386650303
Yeah, i understand why you would want that. That one infinite dungeon mod is the only thing that made tl2 somewhat playable for me.
>>
>>386650134
Primal Bond is 50% all at base cap, Emboldening Roar is 50% all at base cap.
Meanwhile, Manipulation is 60% all and 25% FUCKING SPEED at base cap, Blood of Dreeg is a ton of acc/crit via +138 Offensive (not to mention 50% poison/acid/vitality/decay damages and a shitload of resists as well as regen and a strong heal), raven aura is 100% all elemental damage, and hellhound aura is 100% burn/fire/chaos damage. No matter how you look at it, offensively occultist absolutely destroys shaman for pet builds AND doesn't use the signature skill slot.
>>
>>386649449
Shaman is definitely strong for vit/lighting related builds (though I think Necro/Occultist might be better for vit when the xpac drops).

Retaliation would be alright if it didn't have so many problems
>can't crit
>scales separately from your other damage
>doesn't work vs. non-melee attacks
>because of the previous 2, killing non-trash casters/ranged enemies is a nightmare
As it stands I think a Counter Strike focused Witchblade is stronger especially after they added weapon damage to Counter Strike with the last patch. Currently leveling one right now using CS + Blade Arc and it feels really good.
>>
>>386648512
>1st string of deaths
Wish I'd known this skill wasn't as good as the description makes it out to be/this attribute was bugged/etc
>2nd string of deaths
Wish I'd known this build is completely invalid against enemies I had no idea existed until now/this skill tree doesn't synergize the at I thought/etc
>3rd string of deaths
Fuck this
>>
>tfw there will never be PoE offline singleplayer

Still enjoying Torchlight II on my travels, though.
>>
My issue with TL2 is that the devs don't try to fix the game. I hated Grim Dawn at first but after so many updates it becomes impossible to put down.

>TL2
>Hard is too easy
>Elite is borderline stupid since everything deals insane damage and armor is useless. Arrows are undodgeable and basically your way of surviving is to either stay at the edge of the screen (mage) or use incredibly broken abilities (Ice Shield) to deflect them
>Crit rips even the toughest character so everybody spends 8+ hours farming the first boss of the game (Grell) for his eyes and fill their items with it. Then it becomes a joke.
>Attribute distribution is a joke, only strength and focus are worth investing into
>skills take forever to learn, the fun doesn't start until like 20+ hours into a character
>>
>>386641223
>unholy
You're right, cause all of those games are shit.
>>
>>386652710
What games do you like anon
>>
>>386653446
Diablo 3 and WoW
>>
>>386651847
The level restrictions on upgrading abilities really didn't help, since they only actually mean anything in your first few levels, and end up jut railroading you into cookie cutter builds with a few useless skills for the rest of the game. Given the ease of respec, the excuse of hand holding doesn't go far.
Compare it to Grim Dawn, which lets you do anything between building a solid foundation to rushing for end tree builds, all while making it perfectly viable, if sometimes risky or boring to start with
>>
>>386641223
>torchlight

what the fuck

this game sucks and the mods suck too stop enjoying it reee
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.