[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to play this for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Morrowind.png (3MB, 991x1293px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind.png
3MB, 991x1293px
I downloaded OpenMW without any graphic mods.

What should I expect from it?
>>
>>386641092
look up how to build a character so you dont get frustrated and bitch out after 5 mins
save a lot obvs
the game is super easy to break, dont break it for yourself too much
>>
It's not fun to play. The writing is good though
>>
>>386641092
It really might be the nostalgia glasses, but I still think it's the best Elder Scrolls. The OG Morrowind soundtrack playing in the Dragonborn DLC got me hyper then anything else that happened in Skyrim desu.
Only bad thing I can really say about it is the combat will be annoying as fuck until you get used to it, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>386641213
This. I still accidentally fuck things up and I've been playing it almost since release.
>>
>>386641213

>look up how to build a character

this isn't required at all, just pick a combat skill and stick with it. so like, if you pick long blades, make sure you use a long blade. by level 4-5, at least 3/4 of your attacks will be hitting. by level 10 you barely ever miss

enchanting is great in morrowind, but hard as balls to do yourself until you're pretty high level. a good focus as a new player would be to just earn as much cash as possible and pay the enchanter in balmora to do it. get a good set of enchanted items, health/endurance restoration, water walking/breathing, levitation, unlock, speed, light, ect.

enchantments recover slowly over time, so once you have the basics you can pretty much just roam around and do whatever you want

remember that nothing is morrowind is leveled though, and exploring the wrong place can get you fucked up pretty quickly
>>
>>386641657
>nothing is leveled

Exteriors can be. Like daedric ruins.
>>
File: 1.jpg (481KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
481KB, 1920x1200px
*blocks your path*
>>
Make a Dark Elf because muh lure. Specialize in melee combat, it's much more forgivable than a mage build on a first run. Remember to restore your fatigue by resting or carrying potions when in combat. When your stats are good enough, fatigue really doesn't matter.

Also, get the mod called "Delayed Dark Brotherhood Attacks." Without spoiling too much, it removes attacks from assassins related to the Tribunal Expansion until it actually makes sense in the game. The assassins are OP for first level players, and they drop armor that is worth a shitton of money, thereby breaking the early game.

That's the only mod you really need, everything else is a matter of taste.

Also, it's and RPG, and stats matter. You're gonna suck at things you have low stats in.
>>
>>386642054
>tfw sleeping downstairs in the balmora fighter's guild and the assassin spawns inside the fucking bed.

Was he waiting in the damn mattress?
>>
>>386641092
>Press f5 a lot.
>Make a major skill the type of weapon you're going to do or if you have the mind for a mage and archer make sure you pick majors that compliment that play style.
>Try to enjoy the reading.
>>
I started a hand-to-hand and unarmored playthrough with the MCP changes to hand-to-hand, and a little bit of magic, and I have to say it's probably one of the most fun times I've ever had playing this game. Just do whatever seems the most fun to you and you'll have a good time
>>
If you find potions of restore strength be sure to always carry some.

If you don't... well... you'll soon learn why.
>>
File: Greater Bonewalker.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greater Bonewalker.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
>>386642380
Blocks your path
>>
Wander around. Trust me, I went into morrowind thinking it would be balls hard and I would never hit anything. 5 hours into the game I had a ring that gave a passive +10 to willpower and intelligence, master's alchemy set, and a daedric long sword. Also some shit happens that seems unintuitive I did a quest and got sweet armor but the fucking guards try to murder me even though it was their superiors that gave it to me. There is glass stuff everywhere and the harder to reach something is the more likely it has glass.

Use magic, mystism is something I like using due to the utility of spells. If you do melee restoration is required. Breaking the game requires alchemy and restoration. Alteration is the best school of magic in the fucking game. Destruction is meh, illusion is meh, and I have never used conjuration. Use enchanted anything since it is like having a spell in your pocket that doesn't rely on your magicka or stamina. Always spellcraft, developer spells are shitty. Scrolls are way more useful than they are in Oblivion and Skyrim so get them and use them, never go anywhere without a *** intervention scroll.
>>
>>386642380

morrowind is one of those games where every little thing you find can be useful

every single scroll, potion, minor enchanted item. it's what makes exploration so fantastic. you accidentally run into a daedroth or high level bandit or something, and the paralyze scroll you found in an urn 3 days ago saves your life. it's a great feel
>>
>>386642157
>Rest
>You were awoken in your sleep!
>Kill that nigga
>Have to rest up because he nearly floored me
>You were awoken in your sleep!
>Oh boi another one
>Repeat until the farthest island in the NE is littered with the bodies of DB assassins

10/10 game design Bethesda.
>>
>>386642897
>not just turning off tribunal until you want to start it
>>
>>386642897
There's a mod called "delayed dark brotherhood attack" that makes it so those fuckers only appear after a certain point in the game, it's a pretty nice little band-aid for the game.
>>
>>386641092
>prototip

Just dump difficulty down to the lowest possible at the start. Combat is shitty anways, so there's no need to get frustrated with field riders and mices early on.At the midgame you should be powerfull enough to play on the highest possible.

Also don't wander to Vivec City first. Except for that, ejoy it. It still has one of the best atmospheres in a game ever created.
>>
>>386644935
Oh, yeah and have Athletics as ether major or minor skill. Every other skill is easy to bump to highest level even if it's not selected.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.