[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do these guys ever like any story heavy games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: jackrich.jpg (98KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
jackrich.jpg
98KB, 1024x576px
Do these guys ever like any story heavy games?
>>
>>386640665
Yes
>>
>>386640997
No
>>
>>386640665
Maybe
>>
>>386640665
benis
>>
There's never been a good story heavy game, so no.
>>
>>386641747
So not even classic JRPGs then?
>>
>>386640665
Jack literally skips every cutscene of every game he plays, so no.

Rich is an autist who is fucking awful at video games, so probably.
>>
>>386642456
>JRPGs
>Ever having a good story
They have the depth of films but the length of books. Pacing is fucked in every JRPG. They can't be good stories
>>
>>386642456
They both hate JRPG's.
>>
>>386642630
Rich can actually get good at games pretty quickly, the autist part of him is just that he is narrow minded about the games he likes.
>>
>>386640665
Only if they are Indie Pixel Trash.

I like RLM but PR is easily the worst show.
>>
No, because most story driven cinematic games are wank. The Order 1886 is still their best review.
>>
>>386641747
>>
>>386643639
I absolutely love how much they constantly trash on Naughty Dog games.

God those games are shit.
>>
I like how Rich completely missed the point about PC ucks and their elitist ways.
>>
>>386643684
I really, really want for Mike and Jay just shitting on those games so that everyone can just shut up.

But it's very unlikely since they're both uninterested with vidya.
>>
>>386640665
I have no idea who these fags are.
>>
>>386640665
They like to watch actual movies, so they want video games to be actual video games.
>>
i cant watch more than 10 seconds of any of these videos without getting annoyed

shame mike didn't nip this shit in the bud
>>
>>386644480
>uninterested with vidya

That's a massive understatement.

Jay absolutely doesn't give a shit about video games at all, and Mike is practically anti-video games. It's just a non-factor in their lives. They just let Jack and Rich do Pre-Rec because it's their prerogative and it's something extra for the channel.
>>
>>386644579
You should apply that pic to yourself then.
>>
>>386644654
Jay is just not giving a shit anyway. He appears on some streams where he can pointed out some stuff but just uninterested to play it alone.

I do agree with Mike. He seems to hate video games at all.
>>
File: Tumblr_m1waesMQkC1rsabxvo1_500.png (194KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m1waesMQkC1rsabxvo1_500.png
194KB, 500x281px
Previously Recorded kind of made me hate Rich.

The amount of cynical shit that constantly comes from him is grating a point where I just can't anymore. He also does all the shit he hates the most. He hates how fans bitch about how HE NEEDS TO WATCH THIS, and then turns around to yell at Jack all the time OH MY GOD YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS. Also, god forbid it's a turn based game, cause he'll throw a autistic shitfit until they switch the game. Oh man, I hate Final Fantasy. I hate comic books. I hate this. I hate that.

I can only watch him in RLM stuff where he's just a idiot compared to the rest of the cast.
>>
>>386644906
This. Rich should always be just the buffoon.
>>
>>386644906
I hated him after the VTMB playthrough. He got stuck in the fucking tutorial.
>>
>>386642691
tfw when I'll never watch them play Chrono Trigger
>>
>>386644906
>I hate Final Fantasy
Who doesn't, apart from weeaboos?
>>
If there's one good point they ever made with this series is that they didn't need to try and make it part of the story the fact that Quiet is half naked most of the times.
Like that's just poor form. The story was fucking shit anyways.
And anyways they're mostly people who enjoy cinema over videogames any time of the day, mostly because movies REALLY MAKE YOU THINK more often than not. I don't really blame them for making stupid assumptions or comments on things, it's simply not their thing, even if they enjoy it. If anything I'd say it's praiseworthy the fact that they're trying to get out of their comfort zone.
This isn't to say that I enjoy the series, they're chock full of misinformation and bad review practice that stems from the fact that they really don't consider video games anything special and treat them with a pretty big spoon of indifference.
>>
>>386644654
>>386644845
Jay acknowledges video games, but will not go out of his way to play any of them. They have got him to play some (Dark Souls, Friday the 13th, The Binding of Isaac, Octodad)

Mike does not give a shit about video games at all. He did want to play the Star Trek VR game, but I don't know if that's become of anything
>>
File: 1491054644638.jpg (41KB, 443x399px) Image search: [Google]
1491054644638.jpg
41KB, 443x399px
>tried watching their game streams on occasion
>they are really awful at it
>and they don't pay attention to what's happening, then blame the game

The only good thing was they rightly shit on RE7.
>>
>cant make it past tutorial of VtMB
>cant make it past start of Wolfenstein:NO
>can sit around and add shitty voices to Ace Attorney games
>not bored by Frday the 13th yet even though its shit

I'm guessing Rich is so bitter about his life that he just has to be contrarian about everything that isnt XCOM 2.
>>
File: 1491777761345.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1491777761345.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>386647887
>probably didnt make it 10 minutes into RE 7
>probably hasnt played or beaten an RE game before
>>
>>386647887
>>386648051
They're DSP levels of bad when it comes to paying attention to games. They're funny guys but why anybody takes their opinions seriously is beyond me.
>>
"I dont like a thing"
>Hey its ok you do you
Play battlegrouds
>THIS GAME IS SHIT
>THIS GAME IS SHIT FUCK THIS FUCK THAT

Did Rich talk about his harrassing fan yet? Im done with their streams
>>
>>386644480
>>386644654
>>386644845
>>386646952
The best Pre Rec streams (id even say the best RLM content other than BOTW) are Pre Rec streams where Rich is playing the game and Jay and Jack can just talk about anything
>>
>>386645067
wtf I hate rich now
>>
>>386644654
>>386644845

The times they've had Jay on to play a few games himself he's actually enjoyed them. He's absolutely fucking awful at them which frustrates him a couple times but he still seems to have fun with them.

If I remember right the first time they had him play Friday the 13th he actually escaped as a Counselor because he got lucky and stumbled on a group getting the car ready.
>>
>>386640665
Jack is a fucking faggot, and he is AIDS moby
>>
>>386648392
>wanting to hear jack talk
Has he stoppped doing the forced "random" noises yet?
>>
>can sit around for hours watching shitty movies that literally are not worth the time
>cant even make it through a tutorial
>>
>>386645067

The problem there is that they never wanted to play VTMB in the first place. But their legions of fans all autistically screeched at them nonstop to play it until they finally broke down and did it, but they didn't put any effort into it because they didn't want to play it in the first place.

Considering what their comment sections are usually like I can only imagine how awful it must be to have those parroting retards actually want you to do something.
>>
Who was in the wrong here?

https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/wsg/image/1493/91/1493918797856.webm
>>
As a cynic, I find Rich amusing. I can see how a mindless consumer whore would hate him because he dislikes most things people mindlessly consume.
>>
>>386649742
too bad he also mindlessly consumes shit...I'd slap Rich in his mouth if he told me XCOM 2 or Friday the 13th was worth the time to my face
>>
>>386650026

I'm pretty sure neither Rich or Jack recommended Friday the 13th in their review of it despite both of them enjoying it.
>>
>>386648051
>cant make it past start of Wolfenstein:NO
What the fuck
>>
50% approval of Firewatch.

Ironically, the fat, annoying autist that one likes hated it.
>>
>>386650253
They did and continue to do so....in case you havent seen any streams,they talk about how fun it is and in the same breath admit that its buggy trash
>>
>>386650253
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gjpa2q54AQ
>>
>>386648392
Is there a guide for these kinds of episodes?
>>
>>386645348
But Final Fantasy is westaboo as fuck. You should hate them cause they've been nothing but garbage for the past 16 years or so.
>>
>>386651102

Okay yeah I misremembered, I went back to their proper review of it and they do both recommend it, but Rich's half of it has a pretty big fucking asterisk on it where he admits there's tons of issues with it and can understand people not wanting to shell the $40 for it.

>>386651275

Yeah that was some ridiculous shit. Frankly if it wasn't for the price tag I probably would've tried getting the game by now.
>>
>>386643684
Uncharted 4 was such a polarising game for me. On one hand the big open TPS sections were fantastic, but half the game was just walking around doing nothing and watching cutscenes.

I mean giving the player some down time is one thing, but just adding needless filler is another.
>>
Wildly original opinion here.

Pre-Rec isn't good at all and is in no way close to being the Half in the Bag of vidya.

Both of them look at games purely as consumers where as with Mike and Jay they at least have some insight to how films are produced and how studios operate. This leads to HitB reviews offering more perspective and more thought out critique than Pre Rec's usual "I didn't like it because I just didn't like it".

In Pre Rec they also often wonder why a developer would make something in a certain way rather than in HitB, due to their background, being able to speculate why a studio or a director would do something in an odd way.

Their videos are also shot and edited in a very poor way and they don't play well of each other. There's no real chemistry that I would watch their stuff for that alone.

Their short attention span and poor ability to read into games' mechanics also makes them poor reviewers in general to me.

They also didn't like Vanquish or VTMB. >Implying you'll read this.
>>
>>386653554
>implying I won't
>>
>>386653554

>They also didn't like Vanquish

>Rich "FUCKING PLATINUM PORT VANQUISH TO PC ALREADY" Evans didn't like Vanquish

I mean yeah Jack didn't like Vanquish much because he's in that group of people who played the game completely wrong, but Rich has been gushing over that game for years and probably jizzed himself inside-out when the PC port was finally announced.
>>
>>386653554
>Vanquish
I thought Rich fucking love it game and Jack hated it?
>>
>>386649715
It's okay, Latza is at Disney now. He's well on his way!
>>
>>386656220
>>386656218
Oh yeah, Rich did like Vanquish, my bad.
>>
File: polygon playing doom.webm (2MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
polygon playing doom.webm
2MB, 718x404px
>>386653554

Generally speaking they're less educated about video games than their viewers are.

Which means they're about average as far as videogame journalism goes.
>>
>>386640665
I liked Her Story.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.