[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this flops will gearbox die? http://www.project1v1.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: header-bg2.jpg (307KB, 1920x700px) Image search: [Google]
header-bg2.jpg
307KB, 1920x700px
If this flops will gearbox die?
http://www.project1v1.com/
>>
it would be extremely painful....
>>
>>386638387
>Project 1v1 is the code name for Gearbox's top-secret, in-development, competitive first-person shooter that combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first-person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game.

I..uh.. what? Well I have to give them props for trying something new. As for OP, no it won't, not if they release borderlands 3.
>>
File: garfffffffff.png (152KB, 306x256px) Image search: [Google]
garfffffffff.png
152KB, 306x256px
so uh theyre doing paladins this time ?
>>
>1
>v
>1
wtf? how boring
>>
>>386638513
>multiplayer
>metagame
>collectible card game
Is this Battleborn 2?
Has anyone figured out what metagame means?
>>
File: thonkang.png (6KB, 99x103px) Image search: [Google]
thonkang.png
6KB, 99x103px
>>386638691
>Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

so gearbox wants people to transcend the limits that they put in their game
shouldn't that be a non-intentional thing that the players figure out themselves?
>>
>>386638851
Smart game design doesn't happen by itself, anon. Basically, you need a box to think outside of it - and it's up to the devs to make the ruleset just lax enough for that thinking to matter.

That said, I'm pretty sure Randy just threw together a bunch of buzzwords.
>>
>>386638387
>1v1
Doomed to fail unless it consists of massive amounts of luck and little skill.

Casuals can't take a loss they can't blame on anything but themselves.
>>
No, Borderlands titles sell double digit millions, if Gearbox lost enough money on failed ventures 2k would just buy them outright, Randy would probably leave, but the company will just make Borderlands games, there's probably one in development right now, probably with a 2018 release date.
>>
No badasses= No buy.

I don't play Gearbox games to be a loser, I play them because I can become a badass.
>>
>>386639530
>2k would just buy them outright
Randy would have to actually sell his company because its not publicly traded. God I want to see this. He takes great pride knowing his company is independant.
>>
>>386638424
You're a big company
>>
>>386639740
When he loses enough money he will have no option other than to sell his company.
>>
>>386639984
Kinda doubt it. He has his own money. He'd be willing to drive the company to the ground out of spite since he'd be pretty safe financially.
>>
>>386640196
Then 2k buys it from his creditors.
>>
>>386639530

2K owns Borderlands. If Gearbox is putting out nothing but turds why would 2K buy them? 2K would just have another studio start making Borderlands and Gearbox would have to look for work elsewhere.
>>
>>386640674
Why not buy for cheap the same team and developers that already made the successful Borderlands games, as long as the studio doesn't fall apart it should be cheaper to buy them then to form a new studio and get them into working order to make a new one.
>>
its gonna flop and GB will be one step closer.
Just stop fighting randy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.