[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me why the fuck this franchise is popular. Sure, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon-GO-Tech2-720-624x351.jpg (26KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-GO-Tech2-720-624x351.jpg
26KB, 638x359px
Explain to me why the fuck this franchise is popular. Sure, I see the appeal to kids because they do know any better, but there is no fucking way that <10 year old kids post on 4chan, so what the deal? I played one title on 3DS (it was either black or white, don't remember. Silver maybe?) and at first it was fun, graphics are colourful, the atmosphere is friendly and comfy, but good god, gameplay is repetitive rock-paper-scissors mess, the only challenge I got was by not following the advices of NPCs on what pokemons to use against bosses, that's it. At first I though "Sure it will get harder" and I sinked 25 hours into that game, but when I got to the supposedly fucking super elite area where only pokemasters who defeated all champions from 8 cities are allowed and found out there are dozens of fucking nobodies wanting to fight me just because like in every other area I dropped it like steaming pile of shit. I have no reason to believe that 3DS is any different from any other pokemon game, so what the deal? Surely it can not be only because of nostalgia, can it?
>>
>>386631147

Play competitive multiplayer. It's like a mix of chess and rock-paper-scissors.
>>
>>386631230
Nah, I ain't playing this franchise ever again unless fucking chink who created this game returns me my 25 hours of life, but eh, I could see how this could work.
>>
File: images.jpg (59KB, 381x386px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
59KB, 381x386px
>>386631230
Don't drag the name of chess through the dirt just to make a comparison
It's a mix of grinding, collecting, and pic related at best, all in a neat colorful package.
>>
>>386631461

I compared it to chess because predicting your opponent's actions is an integral part of the game.
>>
File: 1499583132329.jpg (223KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
1499583132329.jpg
223KB, 627x885px
It appeals to my sense of adventure.
Art
Music
Nostalgia
The multiplayer if so fucking deep but most people write it off as rock paper scissors when scissors can beat rock and lose to paper.
>>
>>386631147
Nostalgia
>>
>>386631230
>play competitive

hell no, unless you wanna spend days beredning a genetic master race mon, than train it up and learn all the moves it needs, its not Worth it.
>>
>>386631230
More like "pick the top tier teams and builds or you lose"
>>
>>386631147
Nostalgia, and a lack of other good monster-raising RPGs to compete with.
For whatever reason, the series does produce good girls. Nobody is quite sure how.

>>386631461
That image implies balance, anon.
>>
Playing Pokémon games from start to credits is the worst part of the games.Catching them all, PvP and Battle Frontier stuff are the real deal.
>>
>>386632096

ADHD detected. Building a team takes a couple hours.

>>386632125

Scrub detected. The "top tier teams" consist of a mix of 30+ Pokemon.
>>
File: smughealer2.png (86KB, 487x476px) Image search: [Google]
smughealer2.png
86KB, 487x476px
>>386632437
>30+pokemons out of 800+ are viable
Great game
>>
>>386632437
They'll never be as good as a Eugenics produced perfect Pokemon though.
>>
>>386632574

Not all of them are meant to be viable. It's a monster collecting game. Some monsters are intended to be better than others.

>>386632603

Like I said. It only takes a couple hours to get a team of 5 IV Pokemon with a full run of EVs. The only hard part is getting egg moves from across generations but that's usually easily accomplished in any trade group.
>>
Fun games
Gen 5 was god tier
>>
>>386632574
>30+pokemons out of 800+ are viable
Only if you're a scrub who can't into making his own strategy
Or a tryhard esports fag
>>
>>386632914
No, those 30 or so literally outcompete everything else in every category. You can try to use your own, totally original memes, but ultimately these are purely autistic, since they are objectively worse than the 30 or so topping the meta. Good players don't use autistic shit.
The only reason any variety comes about is when an imbalance occurs due to tourney banlists.
>Inb4 muh pachirisu
It served a niche that developed as a result of, you guessed it, the banlist of that tournament. In any other format, it would not have been used.
>>
>>386632603
>>386632096
Just inject, lol
>>
>>386631147
Pikachu a cute.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.