[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 20

File: dragons-dogma-logo.jpg (298KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dragons-dogma-logo.jpg
298KB, 1280x720px
How do I get good at this game, playing as a Fighter at around level 20 and I can't even kill an Ogre during the one quest where you go into and open up a mine near Gran Soren. Additionally, whats the general rule of thumb for hiring pawns? The ones I hire are always shit.
I hear magic is pretty fun to use in this game, what's that like?
>>
>>386628823
It's not even a hard game, just play the main quest and do side quests later as long as they're still available later on.
Also magic takes long to charge, but there's an item that reduces charging time.
Play other vocations if you have trouble.
>>
>>386628823
Ogres are really hard enemies at the beginning, everyone had troubles with them.
>Additionally, whats the general rule of thumb for hiring pawns?
Avoid guardian inclination if you don't know exactly what it does.
>>
>>386629446
should I just leave the ogres alone for now then and come back when I'm stronger?
>>
>>386629764
Ogres in the mine are tough, you can leave them until later. However if you're patient and mind your P's and Q's, it can be done even at relatively low levels.
>>
File: out skilled.webm (2MB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
out skilled.webm
2MB, 640x400px
>>386629764
Don't be a pussy I always kill them and I play on hard.
>>
>>386629764
You can, they are not part of the main quest. However they are doable at this point in the game, you just patience.
>>
>>386629883
>>386629932
>>386629901
I think part of the problem is my main pawn is female so he always ends up going ape shit when he's almost dead. I'm gonna try to defeat him though.
>>
>>386628823
I usually end up with a comp of Strider(me) Mage Sorcerer and Warrior, and I just hire based mostly off of what skills they have equipped. If I see get one that's acting like shit I toss em into the drink.
>>
We're all playing DDON now, kiddo.
>>
>>386628823
Generally when you fight Ogre's at the "proper" time (the time you're fighting them) they're just HP sponges who take fucking forever to kill. I had a party of warriors and we stunlocked the idiot to death from full HP and it still took AGES for him to die.

Come back later or take an age and a half to kill them. Just remember that patience =/= skill
>>
>>386630080
Patience is a virtue
>>
>>386628823
Use the explosive barrels. Trust me on this, it makes them go down a bit easier.
>>
>>386630195
Agreed, but they're especially obnoxious. They're not even dangerous until they get frenzied, and then you're more likely to get taken out because you're running around and getting stuck in the rez animation for a pawn. Just as you rez one he'll kill another. On my first playthrough I just left them dead and fought him by myself once he did that.

On subsequent playthroughs it's red hot cancer to deal with early on so I just run past.
>>
>>386628823
Here's the deal, OP.

So first off you better fucking be playing on Hard from the start. If you're having trouble on Normal you are a massive cunt, so I'm just going to assume Hardmode.

How it breaks down is like this; first 40-60 levels are you chucklefucking through the world pre-boss fight. Don't even look at Bitterback Isle, don't even fucking look at it you aren't going there anytime soon.

Your goal pre-40ish is purely to not die so much. You're going to die because a single bandit will slap your shit with his 40% a hit attacks, but try not to die SO MUCH. Learn how to hit and run, abuse dodges, fight at range or block, depending on your class.
Enemies do have levels. You don't get to see them but they have levels and some areas are simply higher-level than you are. Some places should simply not be tackled if you're getting your shit pushed in repeatedly, so go do some other quests in the meantime.

Be careful when hiring pawns because they are kind of important. Naturally, pick ones that fill in whatever gaps you have. Ideally you should have 1 Sword&Board warrior for agroing and getting bullied, 1 mage/healer because you are going to get fucked up early game a lot, and 1 damage-dealer. Do not pick a sorc. Their enchants are good later when you're a powerhouse and you just want more buffs, but for now, take something that can actually act independently and help you clear mobs. Strider or any kind of assassin/archer is always a safe bet. People will bitch hard about looking at traits, but for the most part, you don't have to care. Unless you get really unlucky with a pawn that just collects loot, most will do their job. Always make sure to check that the Fighter has taunts and your Mage has heals.
>>
>>386630592

Ogres are super cunts at all levels until end-game and even then, fuck ogres. The only real advice is just to be careful, or be stubborn. Climbing up to the head and going crazy or grabbing an arm/leg is the fastest way to drag them down to the ground or otherwise take them down faster, but they have a habit of swinging their arms like enraged niggers hitting fucking everything on their body somehow, or throwing themselves to the ground with a move that essentially 1-shots anyone clinging to them. If you can learn their patterns and trust your reaction time, risk it. Otherwise, the only advice is really to repeatedly shoot them in the face if range, or repeatedly stab them in the leg until they die as melee. Also, get better weapons. That's really all there is to it. You should be fucking rolling in dosh on hard, so buy the best you can find at all times and upgrade it as much as possible.
>>
File: 1277450739612.jpg (30KB, 224x203px) Image search: [Google]
1277450739612.jpg
30KB, 224x203px
>Elder Ogre dropkicks me and kills me
>I revive with a wakestone
>It grabs my pawn and jumps off a bridge

Rape excites them.
>>
only strider, ranger, assassin and magick archer is worth playing. . .
skull splitter, tenfold flurry, masterful girl, richochet arrow
>>
File: 1482964869881.png (270KB, 1017x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1482964869881.png
270KB, 1017x1162px
>Ogre grabs me
>Pawns do fuck all as I die in one bite
I give up
>>
>>386630592
>>386630715
>you better fucking be playing on Hard from the start
Do not do this while playing as a red (fighter/warrior), you will not have fun. They are built around stagger and in hard mode enemy resistances to stun are increased severely. Enemy HP is not increased, their AI is not better, the XP is doubled

Hard is badly balanced because of this. You may have some difficulties early on but you end up getting showered in gold and will be overleveled. You just won't be doing the hitstun red vocations should be. You will uppercut a goblin with antlertoss and he will give no fucks and brain you with his shit on a stick for all your HP.

Hard mode becomes easy mode after a while anyway because of this. If you're okay with this then maybe hard mode is for you.
>>
File: dumb bitch.webm (3MB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
dumb bitch.webm
3MB, 720x450px
>>386630942
>Do not do this while playing as a red (fighter/warrior), you will not have fun.
you're just a pussy
>>
https://youtu.be/bQkkVTsayko
>>
>>386630996
I've done it my man, several times. It sucks. It's not particularly hard, it's just not as fun. It's not a challenge. Nothing in the world reacts to your attacks. You clobber a goblin with a hammer that is 4x as long as him and wider than his entire torso and he doesn't flinch. Then you level up way too fast.

It's dumb.
>>
>>386630928
>Ogre grabs you

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru, nigga.
>>
>>386628823
>Ogre
Torpor is very useful, as it slows down everything an enemy does. See if you can find a Sorcerrer pawn with the spell Lassitude, as the other source for inflicting Torpor, 3-star Rusted Weapons, might be a bit too expensive for a level 20 character.
>>
File: warrior.webm (2MB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
warrior.webm
2MB, 720x450px
>>386631159
but they do flinch, you're just a pussy.
>>
>>386631270
okay man you right
>>
>>386630806
>ogre attempts to jumpkick me like he's in a fucking japanese anime
>flies off a fucking cliff

N-nani?!
>>
File: SSS.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
SSS.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>>386631315
I know I am.
>>
>>386628823
You can use health potions from the menu while the game is paused infinitely. Your healthbar might as well be as long as all the healing items in your inventory combined. As soon as I realised that I stopped playing this trash game. Shitty Dark Souls clone.
>>
>>386630996
>>386630942
>>386631270

>Playing as anything other than the ass-in

To what end?
>>
What are some good sidequests to do at around the point that the Wyrmhunt opens up that don't involve Ogres
>>
>>386631348
>loli fighter with two pigtails

Do you hate stability and stamina...?
>>
File: truskillz.webm (3MB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
truskillz.webm
3MB, 600x334px
>>386631387
there's literally nothing cool about the assassin he's just a punk lurking in the shadows alone at night like a loner

>>386631452
>loli
actually above average npc height. stability and stamina are for scrubs though
>>
>>386631401
What class are you going for? Catacombs/dealing with Salvation is pretty good XP with minimal risk, just make sure your mage or sorc has a holy enchant.

Also just exploring the world and setting up your teleport-stones is a good idea, killing the random large monster spawns is great XP as well.
>>
wish there was a fuggin unarmed class so you could have a battle loli showing evil her determination to fist
>>
>>386628823
Play Sorcerer for 20 levels (It's going to be hard at first but you'll manage) Level up your magick stat, get Articulacy aug, switch to Mystic Knight, proceed to stand there like a fucking retard spamming Great Canon and kill everything.
>>
>>386631401
just rush the game and get to the everfall
the game doesnt get fun until bristleback island
>>
File: 1483139110636.jpg (32KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483139110636.jpg
32KB, 450x450px
Do you think the PS4 version will have anything new added in? Or do you think it will be the same as PC version?
>>
File: fuck anime.webm (3MB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
fuck anime.webm
3MB, 720x450px
>>
>>386631595
>mystic knight meme
>not just going Fighter to level 10, then pure Assassin to 200 while picking up every damage-increasing perk from Warrior, popping 4 Conq Prips, and soloing Daimon v2.0 in 15 seconds flat
>>
File: pewpew.webm (3MB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
pewpew.webm
3MB, 600x374px
>>386631635
they added some newish outfits didn't they? wouldn't make sense to get in on console though since the PC version got mods.
>>
>>386631627
>doesn't get fun till BBI
>thinks OP is going to have a better time rushing through the game just to get his pawn eaten alive by Death and raped by Mino's when he can't even deal with ogres yet
>>
File: 088.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
088.gif
2MB, 480x270px
How do builds work in this game anyway, I feel like I fucking this up. Wanna end up doing something with Mystic Knight
>>
>>386631881
Don't worry about it.
>>
File: get shit on.webm (1MB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
get shit on.webm
1MB, 720x450px
>>386631881
you pick a class and play it
>>
File: DD.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DD.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>386631627
>doesn't get fun until bristleback island
And even that's debatable, especially when you realize that's its literally 4 locations reused again and again.

>remember that one condemned gorecyclops?
>here are two more but in a place where they probably shouldn't be.

Also fuck the game for spawning a cursed dragon on the first time I entered the pit with the cyclops. It was like watching a brawl of two mentally handicapped grandmas.
>>
>>386631881
Whatever class you are you gain XYZ stats per level. Maxing a class level gives you a perm bonus XYZ stat per level regardless of what class you are. So you move through classes maxing them out until you settle in on a class you want to stay as.
>>
>>386631746
>they added some newish outfits didn't they?
Did they? I didn't find any info other than the announcement
>>
>>386631758
>>386632039
you can grind in the everfall much faster
>>
>>386631881
Leveling up increases 8-10 stats on your character.

Depending on your class/profession/whatever at the time of level up, you'll get different sized increases.

For a made-up example, strider would get +3 attack per level and +1 magic defense, while a mystic knight would get +2 attack and +5 magic defense. It genuinely doesn't matter too-too much because once you get into the 150's, gear adds hundreds and hundreds of points, rendering your innate stats from leveling somewhat pointless. However minmaxing in certain ways breaks the game even harder, so it's really up to you whether to go in blind or use a specific build.

Also as a heads up, leveling up your profession doesn't change your stats, just unlocks new moves and passives. Many minmax builds exploit that by having you switch, level up the profession, but switch back before you level up globally to prevent you from gaining unwanted stats while still eventually getting you access to their tier-9 passives (which can sometimes be fucking broken already like warrior's 'Deal 20% more damage')
>>
>>386631881
Most of MK damage depends purely on equipment, so don't worry and get BBI and at least Silver Rarefy all your shit.
>>
File: dark souls audience.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls audience.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>386632142
I saw a pic on /v/ showing some new outfits, they were NPC's attire I think
>>
File: 1431279334662.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431279334662.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
Reminder that if you:
>use a mage pawn (or are a mage)
>use anything other than your main pawn
>save after every encounter
>sell the monocle for lots of money
>use portcrystals/ferrystones
>use throwblasts, etc.
>use dragonforged rusted weapons
>use wakestones
>fight the ur-dragon offline

then you are LITERALLY playing the game incorrectly and need to fuck off.
>>
>>386632174
I haven't finished the main game though. I think I stopped after Trials and Tribulations and went to BBI, so I wouldn't know. But I doubt its better than Black Abbey or Rotunda of Dread.
>>
>>386630005
they also have high af physical defense
>>
>>386631881
>Mystic Knight
Play mage until Attunement
Play sorc until Articulacy
Switch to MK
???
Profit
>>
File: Feeling better.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Feeling better.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
>>386632347
>tfw I do all of these
>>
>>386629327
What item? My loli pawn takes forever to cast high bolide
>>
File: vocation_base&growth_stats.png (37KB, 422x718px) Image search: [Google]
vocation_base&growth_stats.png
37KB, 422x718px
>>386631881
BBI (Bitterblack Isle) gear is so good you'll be fine regardless of what class you've been playing. In fact, unless you're fine playing a glass canon for some extra damage, it's actually more effective increasing your base defenses, because if I recall right, they're worth more than defense from armor.
You'll be fine, really. Weapons from BBI are crazy strong and vanilla content is not hard anyway.

Here's how it works. You start with different base stats depending of starting class, then you gain base stats each level depending of your class. This means if you level exclusively as Sorcerer, you won't have optimal stats for playing Warrior, but you'll still do good enough in combat because of gear.
Pic related are base stats and their level up gains.

>>386632067
That's wrong.
>>
So do people actually play DDO?
>>
File: magic whip.webm (3MB, 1510x880px) Image search: [Google]
magic whip.webm
3MB, 1510x880px
>>386632734
some anons do and they will try to recruit you but don't be fooled. art style aside, that game is garbo.
>>
>>386631881
Builds don't mean shit unless you're an autist. Your equipment makes a far bigger difference than stat gain ever will. Just do whatever.
>>386631627
Butterbutt tries to make the game into a Souls clone and while it's more of a finished product than the main game is, it also makes half of the vocations worthless and kinda feels less fun and absurdly epic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKf1mL_hgPk
>>
File: 1501710320895.png (511KB, 532x488px) Image search: [Google]
1501710320895.png
511KB, 532x488px
OP here, I finally beat the Ogre
>>
>>386634654
>fighting second Ogre in the mine
>he falls through the floor and dies, removing his quest marker
okay
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.