[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameFreak on new Pokemon game: Lower your expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 5CUZhzE.gif (776KB, 511x287px) Image search: [Google]
5CUZhzE.gif
776KB, 511x287px
http://www.nintendo-insider.com/junichi-masuda-talks-about-the-future-for-pokemon-on-nintendo-switch/
>it is very difficult to make the game, so I hope people don’t get their expectations up too high
>>
>>386626790
Wow I can't believe they said that
>>
>>386626790
That's definitely not something good to say
>>
File: dsme.jpg (94KB, 630x480px) Image search: [Google]
dsme.jpg
94KB, 630x480px
GameFreak has almost always been a shit studio.
Anyone who expects them to actually innovate for this new gen is an idiot.
There seems to be a lot of people who think they have to make something new because you can play the game on your TV this time, but they won't.
>>
File: the jap lyfe.jpg (411KB, 1165x1579px) Image search: [Google]
the jap lyfe.jpg
411KB, 1165x1579px
>>386626790
>>386627450
>>386627812
>>386627980

I actually watched the original interview, they said a lot of funny things to have a nice ambience and this was but another statement said in jest.

The quote is pure clickbait, but I guess in today's age anything you say can be turned into clickbait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgAbM7s8CdY

One of the things they highlighted is the challenge of making a game for something that can be experienced exclusively as a home console experience or mobile handheld. Which is something many other devs discussed during release of the switch.
>>
>>386628440
>It's just a prank bro
>>
File: When autism and D.jpg (18KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
When autism and D.jpg
18KB, 236x337px
>>386628684

>Mr. Takahiro really is going to mutilate his own guts cause you didn't buy his game bro
>I have autism and can't into social situations bro
>Please be careful with what you say around me bro pls understand
>>
nu-pokemon is fucking awful anyway
>>
Doesn't help tons of people expect an action rpg that takes place in every region that lets you control every pokemon each with their own unique movement and attacks.
>>
>>386626790
Why are people blowing out of proportions what's just some joke talk

Sure the game's will suck but not because of this
>>
>>386629165
Tons of people expect (A new game.)
>>
>>386626790
They had to say this because every fucking retarded redditor for the past 200,00 years has been saying "LMAO FULL 3D ONLINE MMORPG POKEMON GAME PLZ XD".

they said it's going to be a mainline pokemon game, but it's not going to be any different than handhelds except for a non shit framerate and MAYBE some more exploration elements.
>>
>>386629558
>exploration
SM was an abomination of corridor caves, and I'm not expecting anything more.
>>
>>386629558
>it's not going to be any different
That is shameful and you know it.
Same fucking game. Every time.
>>
>>386626790
They were pretty low to begin with. Do they expect me to believe it's going to be even shittier than that?
>>
>>386627450
Well they're probably working with a staff twice the size of the last game with more outsoureing and the same budget as the last game.

it's a lot of pressure on GF, they're probably expected to get the same level of sales with this time only one SKU of the game and DLC to try and make up for the people who buy multiple copies.

different story on how people still tolerate the different versions of the same game on DS is one thing, but no way they could do it on console. they'll probably just add the old pokemon via DLC.
>>
fuck gamefreak and fuck the pokemon games. whydo they still release 2 different versions of every game. and how do they get away with it. what fucking year is it. How about they make a game that belongs in this century for a change
>>
>>386630106
pokemon is such a big brand and they are wasting it. the pokemon games could be so much more
>>
mine were fucking floored when ultra sun/moon was announced

you fucking know it's not going to have anything new postgame besides a slightly different legendary hunt. game freak is allergic to anything like the battle frontier/resort nowadays.
>>
>tfw it'll probably just be the SuMo engine ported to Switch with some smoother textures and frame rates
>you will never experience another mindblowing jump from generations like the first few generations
Can Masuda just go back to being a composer? He's done nothing but kill this franchise
>>
they don't have to tell me that, I already know judging by the direction X/Y, OR/AS, and S/M went
>>
>>386629819
You mean like Dragon Quest?
>>
>>386626790
that's a cute doggo
>>
Jesus fuck the gall on this people. Any other studio would make a fantastic proper game with half of what they are given.
>>
File: lazy.png (469KB, 527x686px) Image search: [Google]
lazy.png
469KB, 527x686px
this is what has become of nintendo and its 2nd party developers

>don't get your expectations too high, us being a billion dollar company don't have the talent or resources to make a good game for a console
>>
>>386629347
Yeah but if you check comments and forums other than here there are a LOT of people who have wildly unrealistic expectations for this game. I've seen people saying they want something as free and open and on the same scale of BoTW and that just isnt happening.

Expecting anything other than a good PS2 era JRPG is too much.
>>
>>386632643
>good PS2 era JRPG is too much.
That's way too much for Game Freak
>>
>>386631953
why did you white out all the other changes
>>
>>386632725
You're probably right, even my modest expectation is probably too high. In all honestly it will probably be exactly on par with the scale of the 3DS games with brushed up visuals and a better camera angel.
>>
To be fair, it is on a full-fledged home console, meaning at least graphical expectations will have been raised further than any other recent mainline game on the DS family.
>>
>/v/ pretending they are smarter than the masses and know better than to trust game journalist clickbaits
>everyone gets baited on a regular basis and reply like dumb fucks
Why are you still pretending you are intelligent? You're all a bunch of goddamn retards.
>>
>>386630092
That's a lot of Assumptions
>>
>>386632825
They don't fit his narrative.
>>
>>386626790
“What I’m really curious about, and really excited to see, will be the main way that people play the Switch. Will it be home for the most part? Will it be out and about? I think that is really going to depend on where the person lives, maybe. Depending on the country, maybe the main style of playing will be different. As we’ve been saying a lot, we always focus on, when designing the games, thinking about how the player is going to play the game – how they’re going to enjoy it, and what kind of experiences they are going to have. I’m really just kind of excited to see where the main style of playing is going to land.”

>Implying most people just play pokemon games at home even though the 3DS is portable.
>>
File: 1470287859374.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470287859374.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>Pokemon for Switch
>it'll probably have two different versions for no good reason, with a third, better version already planned
>>
I played gen 5, I played gen 6, and I played ORAS. I have no expectations.
>>
Blame the fucking retards who want MUH OPEN WORLD ALL REGIONS POKEMON BOTW XDD
>>
I expect it to be just as bad as the 3DS games.
>>
>>386626790
>Game Freak being incompetent lazy fucktards that can't program their way out of a paper bag
Wow, didn't see that one coming...
And now they don't have Iwata to bail their stupid ass.
>>
>>386633683
Like every other pokemon?
Whats the problem?
>>
Making a new Pokemon game is difficult HOW?
>>
oh man, this is a statement when a dev goes too far on what they were originally planning
>>
It's gonna still be using the shit cel shaded 3DS engine
>>
>>386635001
It isn't that. It is that everyone wants "muh open world game, but with every region plus a new one, and every region the size of The Witcher 3, and movement mechanics as thorough as BotW, and evey pokemon should control and play like a Pokken fighter, and 100000 more pokemon, and a billion gyms with a ton of elite 4s, and MMO multiplayer with eveyone one 1 server at once, and thousands of hours of gameplay, and it should all be free, and... "
>>
>>386633910
If it is as good as SM, we are in for a great game.
>>
Just make a decent JRPG. I'm tired of the singleplayer in these games being so fucking easy. Just add a hard mode or something.
>>
>>386626790
They were going off questions from fucking Neogaf of all places, they were quelling rumours of a Skyrim style pokemon game, something which just is not plausible with the amount of pokemon and animations they have.

The game will be fine, if you enjoy pokemon, you probably have a good fucking idea of what we're getting and are not one of those pokemon go newfriends who think this is going to be the Moses to lead the pokemon fans out of 3DS-Egypt.

Tl;dr if you aren't retarded, don't be worried.
>>
>>386633337
MM3D completely changes how the player approaches quests entirely for the better and overhauls all the bosses.

This is complete bait.
>>
>can't homebrew Switch
>can't play Pokemon rom hacks
>have to play baby-tier pokemon trainers and gyms while only have a small fraction of pokemon in the wild
>>
That just sounds like something very japanese to say.
>>
>>386638506
>The game will be fine

Pokemon ought to be one of their most ambitious franchises though. Not in terms of being this super cutting edge Zelda-like experience, but just by taking advantage of the fact that it's basically the only decent JRPG with a solidly implemented battle system plus multiplayer.

Simply doing something like combining the 'stadium' games and the mainline games into one would trump the entire rest of the genre then and there.
>>
>>386638523
Yeah instead of doing the sidequests the game tells you how to do them and you check it off your list.

Innovative.
>>
>>386638762
the original game has that too you dumb fuck
>>
I had a dream last night I was deciding which Pokemon game to emulate and I don't even play Pokemon enough to be having these dreams. Even in the dream I thought, "what's the point in choosing. They're all the fucking same."

Nothing will beat "pokemania" when red/blue first hit the States. I was obsessed as a kid. I honestly don't know why people my age play this shit anymore as it hasn't changed except added new pokemon. I highly doubt I'll play this but I know a ton of people approaching or at 30 that will. Don't get it.
>>
>>386633683
Have you ever tried resisting buying both?
Sun & Moon gives you multiple version exclusive legendaries so you can get everything using GTS only.
>>
>>386638872
Tons of shit changes every gen, you just never liked Pokémon enough to take notice. You say you were obsessed as a kid? Clearly the people still playing into their 30s were always more obsessed than you were, filthy casual.
>>
>>386629347
>pokemon
>a new game
They are right. Pokemon's been the game game for almost 20 years now.
>>
>>386638864
It's actually worse in the original game in significant ways, which hands you all the events for a given character as soon as you meet them, so you know exactly when it is and isn't possible to get something from them from the get go.
>>
>>386639140
>>386638872
>nothing changes
>same game
You can always tell who just stopped after RBY or GSC. Fucking casuals.
>>
>>386638194
SM was garbage.
>>
>>386640292
Genwunner, please go back to /vp/ and cry about it, thr adults are talking.
>>
File: 1502273284146.jpg (157KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
1502273284146.jpg
157KB, 812x806px
>>386640337
All the 3DS games have been complete trash and your only defense is "y-you're just old!1" even though you don't even know what my favorite Pokemon game is. Absolutely shameful, at least FE newfags have Conquest to hold up as something worthwhile.
>>
literally fake news
>>
>>386639962
Let me guess, Dragon Quest changed too in these last 20 years
PFFFFFT
>>
>>386626790

>it is very difficult to make the game, so I hope people don’t get their expectations up too high

If you're surprised by this remark you clearly don't know gamefreak
>>
>>386626790
It's a fucking joke, watch the damn video
>>
>>386626790
>tfw the best game so far is a banned romhack
try putting 200+ in your own games instead of dicking around maybe.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.